Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers' Off Season Moves and 2017 Roster

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Packers will not sign anyone of significance outside the organization during free agency.
    Bennett proved my theory wrong, and adding Kendricks was a bonus for the offense, this certainly makes the offense more productive in the passing game and Bennett provide better blocking at the tight end position. He is probably the best blocking tight end the Packers have brought in under Thompson.

My concern is the loss of Lang. I didn't think he got a massive deal from the Lions and the Packers certainly had the cap space and the need to resign him. The shifting on the offensive line, and playing guys out of position is very risky indeed. The Packers still haven't gotten better on defense this off season. Just signing Perry doesn't make this defense better in 2017 than it was in 2016. The failure of this team down the stretch was the defense. The Packers are relying on very young and raw players at the corner position and it is a huge gamble to not bring in some veteran leadership at that position. I doubt a first or second round rookie is going to add much in 2017.

Bennett proved my theory wrong, and adding Kendricks was a bonus for the offense, this certainly makes the offense more productive in the passing game and Bennett provide better blocking at the tight end position. He is probably the best blocking tight end the Packers have brought in under Thompson.

My concern is the loss of Lang. I didn't think he got a massive deal from the Lions and the Packers certainly had the cap space and the need to resign him. The shifting on the offensive line, and playing guys out of position is very risky indeed. The Packers still haven't gotten better on defense this off season. Just signing Perry doesn't make this defense better in 2017 than it was in 2016. The failure of this team down the stretch was the defense. The Packers are relying on very young and raw players at the corner position and it is a huge gamble to not bring in some veteran leadership at that position. I doubt a first or second round rookie is going to add much in 2017.
    Lang is great but do you think it is wise to give a guard knocking on 30 a 3 year deal @ $9m per? We all feared for Aaron's health after Sitton was released and Taylor played well. Can we duplicate that success with one of our young guys this year? Could Bulaga be the answer there with Spriggs going to RT?

I agree, the defense still needs work. I don't have a problem resigning Perry. His biggest issue is staying on the field. When he can he is very effective. Of course FA isn't done so perhaps Ted still can surprise us again before it is all said and done.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Taylor was ready to start for the Packers. They resigned him to a multi year deal. Sure he wasn't proven yet as a starter, but he had several years in Green Bay and the coaches knew what he could project. Lang still has three good years in him and for a guarantee of 19 million the Packers could have released him after the second year. The depth on the offensive line took a massive hit this off season with losing Tretter, and Lang. I guess the way I look at it if the Packers are making a push for the Super Bowl in 2017 and 2018 they could have solidified the offensive line by paying Lang. Lang may have been over payed by the Lions, but my issue is how much pressure does Thompson actually feel to go for broke the next couple of years to make significant moves to push the Packers into the Super Bowl?

With signing two tight ends in the off season the Packers can focus the middle rounds on the draft on linemen, offensively and defensively. They can address the need for pass rushers and pass defenders in the first few rounds of the draft and with the loss of Lacy the Packers will also have to draft at least one viable ball carrier. I don't think a late 7th round pick will do it, so expect the Packers to go Pass rusher, corner back, running back, lineman, lineman in the draft.

In regards to the draft the Packers should simply look to draft the highest rated defensive player on their board, or preferably on the Patriot's big board.

Bulaga could move. I would rather have Bulaga at guard then Spriggs. Spriggs is pretty lean and more athletic than he is a mauler. He isn't a guard and he failed last year when asked to play there. Bulaga is a veteran so a move to the inside my piss him off. Bulaga is way more versatile at this point than Spriggs.

Bulaga is a veteran so a move to the inside my piss him off.
    If he can stay healthier at guard and not miss as much time and be a near Pro Bowl level player, he can still earn a hell of a lot of money. Just ask Lang.

Bulaga has to know this switch was coming at some point in his career.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Lang is great but do you think it is wise to give a guard knocking on 30 a 3 year deal @ $9m per?
    With 20 million guaranteed.*

*To save red some time, yes, some of this could be funny money, but even so, apples to apples, one of the biggest percentages of guarantees in NFL history.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

@RapSheet 19m19 minutes ago
    Source: #Packers OG TJ Lang initially visiting Detroit and Seattle. GB still in the mix.

THE USUAL SUSPECTS
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Packers offered their 1st rnd pick to the bears if they'd keep cutler. they turned the Packers down.

@TomSilverstein 21m21 minutes ago
    #Packers CB Micah Hyde’s deal is worth $30.5 million over 5 years. Way more than GB was willing to pay. Probably could have had him for $5M.

GOOD FOR MICAH, BUT WTF?

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account
    @RapSheet

The #Bills are giving Micah Hyde $30M over 5 years, source said. $32.5M max. $14M guaranteed

Crazy isn't it ? Monopoly money for Marvin Gardens ?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    #Packers CB Micah Hyde’s deal is worth $30.5 million over 5 years. Way more than GB was willing to pay. Probably could have had him for $5M.

GOOD FOR MICAH, BUT WTF?

@RapSheet

The #Bills are giving Micah Hyde $30M over 5 years, source said. $32.5M max. $14M guaranteed
    I wouldn't pay him more than half that.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    I wouldn't pay him more than half that.
    they may not by much too. depends on how long he hangs on there. hope it doesn't turn into a hayward situation.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

GOOD FOR MICAH, BUT WTF?

@RapSheet

its a fake number

its 8 million guaranteed in a signing bonus. then they went ahead and said the first two years are guaranteed because, duh, they just gave him an 8 million dollar signing bonus. base salaries on 2.3 and 3.7 the first 2 years

= 14 million "guaranteed"

they can actually dump him after 2017 and not take a negative cap hit

@RapSheet 17m17 minutes ago
    #Packers RB Eddie Lacy has multiple teams interested and will likely take visits. Jared Cook still not yet re-signed by the Pack

@BobMcGinn 9m9 minutes ago
    Of their own free agents, the #Packers' off-season priorities were Perry and Cook. Neither Lang nor anyone else was close to a priority.

DID HE WRITE THIS BEFORE FA OPENED UP?

I saw a few player rating charts that had Lang rated higher than Zeitler. Lang to another team will take 10-12 per year. I think he stays in GB for 8-9 if the guaranteed money is equal.

Micah Hyde to Bills. 5 yrs 30 mil I believe

Free read on scout.com about Lang's market with other Guard deals today.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/packers/sto...eattle-detroit

@RapSheet
    #Packers RB Eddie Lacy is set to visit the #Seahawks, #Vikings and #Packers, per @_SportsTrust

Tom Silverstein Retweeted Ian Rapoport
    #Packers?

Hyde will look very good in the bills defence. I think he will have a big impact there, not Hayward big, but big.

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Hyde will look very good in the bills defence. I think he will have a big impact there, not Hayward big, but big.
    then we should have kept him.

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Probably will as he will have a better D coordinator.