Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers' Off Season Moves and 2017 Roster

I hope they aren't planning on playing him exclusively at outside CB.

Michael Cohen

#Packers are bringing back G/C Don Barclay on a 1-year deal worth up to $1.3 million. Barclay is now the backup center with Tretter gone.

Jason La Canfora

Browns gave JC Tretter $10M guaranteed. Deal worth $11M for two years and $16.75m for 3 yrs should he still be there

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    So with Hyde getting a $30 million deal and Lang getting 10-12 mil per year contract and Tretter getting his $16+, where might that put the Packers in comp picks next year? I know its not an exact science but $30 from Hyde and the $40-$50 Lang could that possibly bring a 3 and 4? Maybe a 5/6 for Tretter? Seemed to me there were a lot more 3s given out this year than usual. Be nice to get a couple extra 3s.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Looks like Barclay was resigned. Can someone, please, for the love of God, beat him out at Training camp.

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    So with Hyde getting a $30 million deal and Lang getting 10-12 mil per year contract and Tretter getting his $16+, where might that put the Packers in comp picks next year? I know its not an exact science but $30 from Hyde and the $40-$50 Lang could that possibly bring a 3 and 4? Maybe a 5/6 for Tretter? Seemed to me there were a lot more 3s given out this year than usual. Be nice to get a couple extra 3s.
    Hayward got slightly more than $15 million, and included $6.8 million in guarantees. He earned the Packers a fifth rounder. Al the number are up, so hard to say what Hyde's deal will deliver. If he starts most of the games, might be better. $6 mil per year would get you the fourth round this year.

Tretter is closer to Hayward in a market with more dollars. His best case might be a fifth.

Lang, if he gets up to $12 would have been 3rd round.

Compensation picks with what they call the Real APY: http://overthecap.com/2017-compensat...pdate-5102016/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Looks like Barclay was resigned. Can someone, please, for the love of God, beat him out at Training camp.
    If he just backs up at center, it'll be OK. If he is at Guard then we need to start praying.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jordan Schultz‏ @Schultz_Report
    Source: #Seahawks will likely have to cut 2-3 core players to make room for a costly TJ Lang. SEA wants him badly but has 2 weigh both sides

Nathan Jahnke ‏@PFF_NateJahnke 43m43 minutes ago
    Only players Seattle can cut and save $1.5m or more: Earl Thomas, Jimmy Graham, Kam Chancellor, KJ Wright, Cliff Avril, Garry Gilliam

BE CAREFUL WITH THESE, I HAVE NO IDEA WHO THEY ARE. COHEN RETWEETED THEM

Rob Demovsky‏ @RobDemovsky 5m5 minutes ago
    First look at Micah Hyde's full contract with/BUF: 5 years, $30.5M. $8M signing bonus. $14M guaranteed. Ave of $6.1M is 14th among safeties

Getting my first look at JC Tretter's deal with the Browns: Three years, $4.5M signing bonus, $10M guaranteed. Ave of $5.583M per year.

Rob Demovsky‏ @RobDemovsky 7h7 hours ago
    Not only did the Packers decide not to tender Jayrone Elliott, they also didn't tender LB Jordan Tripp or RB John Crockett.

So is it a done deal that Lang is gone?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Jordan Schultz‏ @Schultz_Report
    Source: #Seahawks will likely have to cut 2-3 core players to make room for a costly TJ Lang. SEA wants him badly but has 2 weigh both sides

Nathan Jahnke ‏@PFF_NateJahnke 43m43 minutes ago
    Only players Seattle can cut and save $1.5m or more: Earl Thomas, Jimmy Graham, Kam Chancellor, KJ Wright, Cliff Avril, Garry Gilliam

BE CAREFUL WITH THESE, I HAVE NO IDEA WHO THEY ARE. COHEN RETWEETED THEM
    I know it's a business, but I'd hate to see Lang with the Seahawks. I actually didn't care about Sitton going to the Bears, but the Seahawks? Worse than even the 9ers, and I have to put up with fans of those jokers every day.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

If they actually do let Lang get away, it's a cluster of epic proportions imo. TT will keep fucking with the continuity of the O-line and get Rodgers hurt badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    If they actually do let Lang get away, it's a cluster of epic proportions imo. TT will keep fucking with the continuity of the O-line and get Rodgers hurt badly.
    Everyone said the same when Sitton was chopped.

Thompson has been fairly consistent at putting enough talent on the OL. He hits more than he misses there, and it is always an advantage to have a capable YOUNG player on the lines. I'm not overly concerned with losing any OL player approaching 30 years of age.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Poor Tretter. I wish him well, but damn, he could not have picked a worse landing spot.
    hahahaha Yeah, he'll be crying all the way to the bank. Congrats to him for really grabbing a nice chunk of Browns money. Ditto that for former Badger Zeitler. And how about that Hyde? I was hoping the Packers would keep him, but sheeeesh, for that kind of money, kiss him good bye. If Lang can skin somebody for the same type of deal, more power to him also. I won't blame Ted for not matching it. And Lacy? Him in Seattle as the new Marshawn is a little bit scary, but honestly, I'd rather risk that and have the Packers go smaller/faster with Montgomery etc. than to pay Lacy what he will probably get elsewhere.

I really hope Ted gets us a top quality FA Corner or at least Conner Barwin for fairly cheap, but I'm afraid Nutz is right - he won't pick up anybody of substance.

At least sign Cook, Ted. He's the top priority of our own FAs in my book.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    My understanding is that it's a one-year "prove it" deal.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    I hope they speak to Connor Barwin. With Peppers moving on, you get pass rush help that they desperately need, and veteran depth at OLB. Jayrone Elliott may be back, but who knows, and he has not ascended with defensive snaps like many thought he might. Hopefully Fackrell can develop, but a guy like Barwin, who is also a good on/off field guy, could be needed depth, so that if Clay gets dinged again, that they have another way to generate pressure.

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/20...d-packers-call
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Okay, so Peppers wants to play but the Packers have said thanks but no thanks? Is that what I'm getting from Carolina's post?

And as for Lang, well, he's as good as gone. The Lions are hot for him, and Seattle is interested - I don't see TT paying upwards of 9 mill a year for a guy who's as beat up as Lang is. Whoever signs him is getting a guy who'll likely only be able to play at a high level for a year before he's hurt again. As much as I love the guy, it's probably time to let someone else overpay.

How's the draft of OLB's? I know you guys love the names you know - the Connor Barwins - but I"m ready for some young blood in the form of an early round OLB pick, and maybe another in the mid rounds. Get yourself two CB's, 2 OLB's, and maybe a later round defensive lineman. Get some young blood in there.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    I hope they speak to Connor Barwin. With Peppers moving on, you get pass rush help that they desperately need, and veteran depth at OLB. Jayrone Elliott may be back, but who knows, and he has not ascended with defensive snaps like many thought he might. Hopefully Fackrell can develop, but a guy like Barwin, who is also a good on/off field guy, could be needed depth, so that if Clay gets dinged again, that they have another way to generate pressure.

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/20...d-packers-call
    THIS
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Okay, so Peppers wants to play but the Packers have said thanks but no thanks? Is that what I'm getting from Carolina's post?

And as for Lang, well, he's as good as gone. The Lions are hot for him, and Seattle is interested - I don't see TT paying upwards of 9 mill a year for a guy who's as beat up as Lang is. Whoever signs him is getting a guy who'll likely only be able to play at a high level for a year before he's hurt again. As much as I love the guy, it's probably time to let someone else overpay.

How's the draft of OLB's? I know you guys love the names you know - the Connor Barwins - but I"m ready for some young blood in the form of an early round OLB pick, and maybe another in the mid rounds. Get yourself two CB's, 2 OLB's, and maybe a later round defensive lineman. Get some young blood in there.

The draft is deep with edge rushers. The Packers should have enough to pick from with the 30th pick in terms of corners or edge rushers.

What concerns me for the time being is losing Tretter and most likely losing Lang. The Packers will have to look to improve the offensive line.

I didn't like the amount of money paid to Perry, but apparently he was the top priority for Thompson and the Packers. Even bringing him back the Packers still don't have the depth needed on the edge and will have to improve the depth somewhere this off season.

Currently the Packers have needs at : Corner, running back, offensive line, edge rushers, and defensive line. I think the Packers front office have added more questions this off season about the quality on the roster then have answered questions about solidifying the roster to make a legit run to the Super Bowl.