Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers' Off Season Moves and 2017 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    If they actually do let Lang get away, it's a cluster of epic proportions imo. TT will keep fucking with the continuity of the O-line and get Rodgers hurt badly.
    Well, the thinking at 1265 might be to move Bulaga inside and put Spriggs at RT. That might not be a bad idea if somebody offers Lang a ton a money.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    The offensive line needs depth especially if Tretter and Lang do not resign. I would think that they would give Barclay a shot at guard, but possibly move Bulaga inside and try Spriggs at Right Tackle.
    Then look for the Packers to snag a couple of linemen no sooner than the middle of the draft.
    It's what I have been saying for the last couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    At least sign Cook, Ted. He's the top priority of our own FAs in my book.
    Perry than Cook for me. Sign vet CB, high pick at CB and OLB (draft is deep in them) were the other priorities. Lang would be nice, but not at $10m/year. I'd also like to see Lacy back on a reasonable, one year deal.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Perry than Cook for me. Sign vet CB, high pick at CB and OLB (draft is deep in them) were the other priorities. Lang would be nice, but not at $10m/year. I'd also like to see Lacy back on a reasonable, one year deal.
    Apparently Cook talks have "broken off". Must be a big difference between how Cook sees his value and how the Packers do.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Packer Report

Hearing Barwin has some options. GB among them.

RapSheet

Reunion: The #Panthers are working to bring back veteran pass-rusher and old friend Julius Peppers, sources say.

Joe Person (might be troll but Silverstein retweeted it)

Panthers closing in on deal to bring Julius Peppers back, per source.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    RapSheet

Reunion: The #Panthers are working to bring back veteran pass-rusher and old friend Julius Peppers, sources say.
    That would be good for Julius Peppers rather than any hope and a Super Bowl with Green Bay.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I think he has just a good of a chance going to a Super Bowl with Carolina as he would the Packers

good luck to him. it was fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    I think he has just a good of a chance going to a Super Bowl with Carolina as he would the Packers
    If by that you mean neither team has a chance. Because Carolina has no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Well, the thinking at 1265 might be to move Bulaga inside and put Spriggs at RT. That might not be a bad idea if somebody offers Lang a ton a money.
    Bad idea as you would be weakening two positions on the line. Lang is a better guard than Bulaga, Spriggs is not a better RT than Bulaga (at least at this stage). If they lose Lang I would rather they try a greenhorn like Lucas Patrick who apparently they like at guard and keep Bulaga at RT. Perhaps Patrick can hold his own like Taylor did. If not, they can always fall back to Don "I blow" Barclay or start juggling.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Okay, so Peppers wants to play but the Packers have said thanks but no thanks? Is that what I'm getting from Carolina's post?
    I was just going off information that was out there a few days ago that said Peppers wants to play again this year, but that likely won't be with the Packers. That's why a 30 year old Connor Barwin would make sense. I'm not saying he's the second coming of Peppers, but he'd be that veteran presence to work with Clay and Nick to generate pressure. In a 3-4, the LB's are supposed to be the stars.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Packer Report

Hearing Barwin has some options. GB among them.
    This seems like some of the smartest dollars one could spend in FA right now if you plan on running a 3-4. I imagine his price will be a bit lower than Perry's but with a little more guaranteed.

The NY Giants have proven the "mullet" approach to defense-building. Get yourself sorted out up front and leave it trash in the back.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    then we have zero depth on the line

and no, barclay doesn't count, he shouldn't be in the nfl, much less on the packers

and you know someone or some two or three guys are gonna be lost for the season on that line

Jason La Canfora

Browns gave JC Tretter $10M guaranteed. Deal worth $11M for two years and $16.75m for 3 yrs should he still be there
    thats a deal TT should have done in a heartbeat

terrible

@TomSilverstein 21m21 minutes ago
    #Packers CB Micah Hyde’s deal is worth $30.5 million over 5 years. Way more than GB was willing to pay. Probably could have had him for $5M.

GOOD FOR MICAH, BUT WTF?

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account
    @RapSheet

The #Bills are giving Micah Hyde $30M over 5 years, source said. $32.5M max. $14M guaranteed
    its a fake number

its 8 million guaranteed in a signing bonus. then they went ahead and said the first two years are guaranteed because, duh, they just gave him an 8 million dollar signing bonus. base salaries on 2.3 and 3.7 the first 2 years

= 14 million "guaranteed"

they can actually dump him after 2017 and not take a negative cap hit

i really don't like the idea that lacy is spending today and part of tomorrow with the seahawks, then the rest of tomorrow and sunday with the queens before coming to green bay

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i really don't like the idea that lacy is spending today and part of tomorrow with the seahawks, then the rest of tomorrow and sunday with the queens before coming to green bay
    It could mean he's going to give the Packers a chance to match whatever offer he gets elsewhere. Is that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    It could mean he's going to give the Packers a chance to match whatever offer he gets elsewhere. Is that bad?
    thats one way to look at it, the other is that he's giving other teams every chance in the world to sign him away from green bay.

if he's just trying to get a number to show the packers, then why is he spending multiple days with other teams?

or the team could have given him a deal before our rivals dictated his value to us