Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers' Off Season Moves and 2017 Roster

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Well, the thinking at 1265 might be to move Bulaga inside and put Spriggs at RT. That might not be a bad idea if somebody offers Lang a ton a money.
    Bad idea as you would be weakening two positions on the line. Lang is a better guard than Bulaga, Spriggs is not a better RT than Bulaga (at least at this stage). If they lose Lang I would rather they try a greenhorn like Lucas Patrick who apparently they like at guard and keep Bulaga at RT. Perhaps Patrick can hold his own like Taylor did. If not, they can always fall back to Don "I blow" Barclay or start juggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Well, the thinking at 1265 might be to move Bulaga inside and put Spriggs at RT. That might not be a bad idea if somebody offers Lang a ton a money.
    then we have zero depth on the line

and no, barclay doesn't count, he shouldn't be in the nfl, much less on the packers

and you know someone or some two or three guys are gonna be lost for the season on that line

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    I hope they speak to Connor Barwin. With Peppers moving on, you get pass rush help that they desperately need, and veteran depth at OLB. Jayrone Elliott may be back, but who knows, and he has not ascended with defensive snaps like many thought he might. Hopefully Fackrell can develop, but a guy like Barwin, who is also a good on/off field guy, could be needed depth, so that if Clay gets dinged again, that they have another way to generate pressure.

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/20...d-packers-call
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    I hope they speak to Connor Barwin. With Peppers moving on, you get pass rush help that they desperately need, and veteran depth at OLB. Jayrone Elliott may be back, but who knows, and he has not ascended with defensive snaps like many thought he might. Hopefully Fackrell can develop, but a guy like Barwin, who is also a good on/off field guy, could be needed depth, so that if Clay gets dinged again, that they have another way to generate pressure.

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/20...d-packers-call
    THIS
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Okay, so Peppers wants to play but the Packers have said thanks but no thanks? Is that what I'm getting from Carolina's post?

And as for Lang, well, he's as good as gone. The Lions are hot for him, and Seattle is interested - I don't see TT paying upwards of 9 mill a year for a guy who's as beat up as Lang is. Whoever signs him is getting a guy who'll likely only be able to play at a high level for a year before he's hurt again. As much as I love the guy, it's probably time to let someone else overpay.

How's the draft of OLB's? I know you guys love the names you know - the Connor Barwins - but I"m ready for some young blood in the form of an early round OLB pick, and maybe another in the mid rounds. Get yourself two CB's, 2 OLB's, and maybe a later round defensive lineman. Get some young blood in there.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Okay, so Peppers wants to play but the Packers have said thanks but no thanks? Is that what I'm getting from Carolina's post?

And as for Lang, well, he's as good as gone. The Lions are hot for him, and Seattle is interested - I don't see TT paying upwards of 9 mill a year for a guy who's as beat up as Lang is. Whoever signs him is getting a guy who'll likely only be able to play at a high level for a year before he's hurt again. As much as I love the guy, it's probably time to let someone else overpay.

How's the draft of OLB's? I know you guys love the names you know - the Connor Barwins - but I"m ready for some young blood in the form of an early round OLB pick, and maybe another in the mid rounds. Get yourself two CB's, 2 OLB's, and maybe a later round defensive lineman. Get some young blood in there.

The draft is deep with edge rushers. The Packers should have enough to pick from with the 30th pick in terms of corners or edge rushers.

What concerns me for the time being is losing Tretter and most likely losing Lang. The Packers will have to look to improve the offensive line.

I didn't like the amount of money paid to Perry, but apparently he was the top priority for Thompson and the Packers. Even bringing him back the Packers still don't have the depth needed on the edge and will have to improve the depth somewhere this off season.

Currently the Packers have needs at : Corner, running back, offensive line, edge rushers, and defensive line. I think the Packers front office have added more questions this off season about the quality on the roster then have answered questions about solidifying the roster to make a legit run to the Super Bowl.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I was just going off information that was out there a few days ago that said Peppers wants to play again this year, but that likely won't be with the Packers. That's why a 30 year old Connor Barwin would make sense. I'm not saying he's the second coming of Peppers, but he'd be that veteran presence to work with Clay and Nick to generate pressure. In a 3-4, the LB's are supposed to be the stars.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Packer Report

Hearing Barwin has some options. GB among them.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Packer Report

Hearing Barwin has some options. GB among them.
    This seems like some of the smartest dollars one could spend in FA right now if you plan on running a 3-4. I imagine his price will be a bit lower than Perry's but with a little more guaranteed.

The NY Giants have proven the "mullet" approach to defense-building. Get yourself sorted out up front and leave it trash in the back.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

RapSheet

Reunion: The #Panthers are working to bring back veteran pass-rusher and old friend Julius Peppers, sources say.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    RapSheet

Reunion: The #Panthers are working to bring back veteran pass-rusher and old friend Julius Peppers, sources say.
    That would be good for Julius Peppers rather than any hope and a Super Bowl with Green Bay.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Joe Person (might be troll but Silverstein retweeted it)

Panthers closing in on deal to bring Julius Peppers back, per source.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I think he has just a good of a chance going to a Super Bowl with Carolina as he would the Packers

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    I think he has just a good of a chance going to a Super Bowl with Carolina as he would the Packers
    If by that you mean neither team has a chance. Because Carolina has no chance.

good luck to him. it was fun!

i really don't like the idea that lacy is spending today and part of tomorrow with the seahawks, then the rest of tomorrow and sunday with the queens before coming to green bay

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i really don't like the idea that lacy is spending today and part of tomorrow with the seahawks, then the rest of tomorrow and sunday with the queens before coming to green bay
    It could mean he's going to give the Packers a chance to match whatever offer he gets elsewhere. Is that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    It could mean he's going to give the Packers a chance to match whatever offer he gets elsewhere. Is that bad?
    thats one way to look at it, the other is that he's giving other teams every chance in the world to sign him away from green bay.

if he's just trying to get a number to show the packers, then why is he spending multiple days with other teams?

or the team could have given him a deal before our rivals dictated his value to us

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    The only way that isn't bad is if the Packers have nothing to match. TT is so fucking cheap, that he will not match anyone.

Pretty grumpy people on here today. I see free agency progressing as it usually does every year. We are not going to break the bank for marginal players or overspend for the top tier.

Open a cold one and enjoy your Friday!