Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers' Off Season Moves and 2017 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    It could mean he's going to give the Packers a chance to match whatever offer he gets elsewhere. Is that bad?
    The only way that isn't bad is if the Packers have nothing to match. TT is so fucking cheap, that he will not match anyone.

Pretty grumpy people on here today. I see free agency progressing as it usually does every year. We are not going to break the bank for marginal players or overspend for the top tier.

Open a cold one and enjoy your Friday!

ian rappoport just said pretty much forget about cook.

martellus bennett signed by the Packers!!

Blog Entries
    They did what HW wanted. Signed Perry and are walking on Cook.

Barclay just signed, if anyone gives a shit.

Oh yeah, sign House. He can still play, he got benched in a political deal in JAX

I think some of you believe that TT woke up from a nap and said "Oh yeah, free agency starts today, I wonder who is available?"
    TT is probably working 18 hours a day, 7 days a week to try and improve this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    I think some of you believe that TT woke up from a nap and said "Oh yeah, free agency starts today, I wonder who is available?"
    TT is probably working 18 hours a day, 7 days a week to try and improve this team.
    through the draft

you forgot to add that last bit, then you would have nailed TT on a normal year when his QB isn't yelling at him to do something different

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    through the draft

you forgot to add that last bit, then you would have nailed TT on a normal year when his QB isn't yelling at him to do something different
    this!

Rodgers "all in" was a not so subtle message.

A little worried about this T.J. Lang situation. Lions lost Larry Warford to the Saints. They could really use Lang. They don't have as much cap room as the Packers, but they have enough to sign him (26 million). And Lang might not mind playing for his hometown team. Lang is in a good situation here.

TJ Lang‏Verified account @TJLang70 Mar 9
    More
    TJ Lang Retweeted Cameron McCarthy
    Possibly best tweet of the day.TJ Lang added,
    Cameron McCarthy @cmccarthy12
    @TJLang70 listen, just got off the phone w/ Ted, we'll give you $100M for 3 years, all guaranteed, best part is we got Mexico to pay for it
    23 replies 174 retweets 1,008 likes
    Reply 23 Retweet 174
    Like 1.0K

I love TJ Lang, but is he maybe too banged up to be a good value on a big money four year deal, which is what I heard he wanted? He's a steady old pro, and there's a lot to be said for that. I'm not against signing the guy, but will he be worth the eight or nine mill a year or whatever the market is bearing?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Lang is completing his tour (Lions, Seahawks) without a team refusing to let him get on the plane before they struck a deal.

That means he knows what his market is, no deal beat it substantially (or he doesn't really want to play there) and he now has a choice. He can wait to see of something goes wrong with other team's plans and gets a better offer late, or he chooses a deal before the draft. A report that I had not heard of had a trip to Denver cancelled after the Broncos signed Ron Leary (4years/$35mil).

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...cook/99023680/

See bottom of Martellus article for TJ update.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Lang is completing his tour (Lions, Seahawks) without a team refusing to let him get on the plane before they struck a deal.

That means he knows what his market is, no deal beat it substantially (or he doesn't really want to play there) and he now has a choice. He can wait to see of something goes wrong with other team's plans and gets a better offer late, or he chooses a deal before the draft. A report that I had not heard of had a trip to Denver cancelled after the Broncos signed Ron Leary (4years/$35mil).

thats good for us, unless someone offered him big money and he's trying to get green bay to match or pass it

i think lossing lang might really piss off a-rod imo

Before Bennett, but after Perry, Barclay and restricted tenders, Packers had 31.6 million in cap room.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...deal/99031240/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Before Bennett, but after Perry, Barclay and restricted tenders, Packers had 31.6 million in cap room.

so we still have about 28 million free

who are those two assholes?

how bout a few of us fire up the webcams and tape a show and call ourselves "packer experts"

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Lang and House would be huge. Add a good draft to that and a surprising firing/resignation from Dom and this off season is looking up!!
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Random thoughts:

The biggest cap hits of Perry's contract occur after Clay Matthews' current contract has expired.
    Hyde probably nets a 5th round comp pick next year.
    Peppers maybe a 6th-7th.
    Hopefully Jared Cook gets a good enough contract somewhere to cancel out Bennett signing in comp pick equation.
    Losing Lang would likely net a 3rd. 4th at worst.
    No clue about Lacy's worth.

well...he is coming off the hip surgery and can't do anything until camp. that could have something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Random thoughts:

The biggest cap hits of Perry's contract occur after Clay Matthews' current contract has expired.
    Hyde probably nets a 5th round comp pick next year.
    Peppers maybe a 6th-7th.
    Hopefully Jared Cook gets a good enough contract somewhere to cancel out Bennett signing in comp pick equation.
    Losing Lang would likely net a 3rd. 4th at worst.
    No clue about Lacy's worth.
    peppers, if we go by this years numbers would have been a 6th BUT, there are only 32 allowed comp picks each year and the 3.5 million dollar deal would have been the 4th to lat pick

so if numbers go up this year, we might get cut out of the loop on him

so yeah, 6th at best, nothing at worst