Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers' Off Season Moves and 2017 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    well...he is coming off the hip surgery and can't do anything until camp. that could have something to do with it.
    Fair point, he might not pass a physical right now.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Packers sign another tight end...lance kendricks.

packers-add-tight-end-depth-by-signing-lance-kendricks

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    packers sign another tight end...lance kendricks.
    What have they done with TT? Who is this person posing as our GM?

Really like the Kendricks signing. He caught 50 passes for a 10 yd. avg. with the woeful Rams last season. Ted and M.M. making sure that if our #1 TE goes down for any length of time again this season the cupboard won't be completely bare. (Seems to happen fairly often for some reason.) Our O is a lot more potent when we have a legitimate TE target In the mix. Bennett and Kendricks could make for some interesting 2 TE sets.

Now go get Barwin to replace Peppers/Jones and provide flexibility for moving Clay inside & out.

Demovsky, ESPN

Bennett’s salary-cap charge is lowest in the first year. According to ESPN Stats & Info, the Packers still have slightly more than $29 million in cap space available for this season.
    Posted at 1:30 PM, so it should include Barclay and tenders, though its not official.

Demo also came around to red and La Canfora's contract numbers of 3/$21 for Bennett.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    C'mon TT, sign those 2 vet CBs to help stabilize the secondary.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Jason Wilde retweeted

Jordan Schultz‏ @Schultz_Report
    Sources: #Seahawks just finished w/TJ Lang and his wife. Meeting/pitch went "great" and Lang may have an answer 4 SEA as early as tomorrow.

And he followed the Seahawks on Twitter. Wilde reads as early as tomorrow as he is taking the deal back to the Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Jason Wilde retweeted

Jordan Schultz‏ @Schultz_Report
    Sources: #Seahawks just finished w/TJ Lang and his wife. Meeting/pitch went "great" and Lang may have an answer 4 SEA as early as tomorrow.

And he followed the Seahawks on Twitter. Wilde reads as early as tomorrow as he is taking the deal back to the Packers.
    TT is doing ok so far, he better not fuck up with Lang.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    TT is doing ok so far, he better not fuck up with Lang.
    It will all depend upon what Seattle is offering Lang if we can/care to match it.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    who are those two assholes?

how bout a few of us fire up the webcams and tape a show and call ourselves "packer experts"
    Now that's a damn good idea, Red. You slugging some Jack straight up out of the bottle. You'd connect to dem old time Packer fans from up der in de nort, eh? You could end every segment with "Fire 'em all, I say."

I'd watch that.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

So if there was any germ of truth about Mike being made about Ted's player procurement strategy, it seems to have been about TEs.

Somehow we should have known this. In fact, I predict they sign a FB off the street inside of a month.

Lacy visits the Seahawks and leaves with no deal. Now visiting the Vikings over the weekend.
    People may not be as enamored with him as we think.

Rumor has it that he has been checking out the all-you-can-eat buffets during his visits.

Lang still weighing three offers:

ProFootballTalk‏Verified account @ProFootballTalk 13m13 minutes ago
    Lions, Packers and Seahawks still in the running for T.J. Lang, and his decision is coming soon

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...hawks/related/

If you go by Twitter follows, Lang follows the Seahawks and not the Packers or Lions that I could find. He followed them yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    If you go by Twitter follows, Lang follows the Seahawks and not the Packers or Lions that I could find. He followed them yesterday.
    saw that. not a good sign for Packers but that hip is still a question mark.

Wait for the Andre Ellington signing...this is my Randy Starks pick of 2017.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Also, the ONE position that still has several quality players available in FA is ILB. And lets face it, our D was so shitty that we can't rule out upgrading ANY position.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

so, with lang officially gone, we have almost 30 million to spend, and really only lacy that we could still bring back

begin the spending on the defense

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Also, the ONE position that still has several quality players available in FA is ILB. And lets face it, our D was so shitty that we can't rule out upgrading ANY position.
    Problem is, Ted's philosophy is draft and develop; hence, Ted's "upgrades" on defense are already on the roster.

Obviously TT is counting on Ryan, Martinez, Fackrell, Clark, and Lowry making significant strides... of course the problem is that all of those players have shown to have relatively low ceilings. Of that group, Lowry looks to have the most potential, but that isn't saying much.

Clark was wwwwaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy overdrafted, and I'm not expecting much from him - he already looks like a bust. All the rest have pedestrian written all over them.

The Packers as an organization don't really care much about playing good defense - witness who they keep on as their DC year after dismal year. TT did manage to assemble a reasonable amount of defensive talent which peaked a couple of years ago; but, of course, Dunderdummy managed to make a colossal mess of it, and we got bounced from the playoffs in embarrassing fashion once again.

This team will not win another championship as long as TT and Dom are calling the shots in their respective positions.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Problem is, Ted's philosophy is draft and develop; hence, Ted's "upgrades" on defense are already on the roster.
    idk. he's been uncharacteristically bold this week. i'm cautiously optimistic that he'll make a defensive signing.