Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers' Off Season Moves and 2017 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    PB are you a politician?
    Nope.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Nope.
    I would pay infinite ching for you as my campaign mgr
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries

Lightbulb

This is the part that drives me crazy. He DOES sign free agents. You want him to sign more.

If the Packers did not have a franchise QB, then that changes the cap picture completely. And that would lead to more spending everywhere else.
    I don't want him be afraid of taking the chance...stepping outside the box...and signing the free agents who have hit the open market....and yes...WILL cost draft picks. Before this year, it's been 5 years per NFL Network since we participated. So perhaps on an annual or semi annual basis would be cool. And when you do a shit job drafting defense.....let's look there

DISCLAIMER....I know he nabbed Peppers and Cook....and I gave TT kudos

And on that rare occasion where he dipped into the open market, he's done well with Charles Woodson and Ryan Pickett
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

its almost like you can't always get what you want.

You already said that.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    You already said that.
    Other people post a small variant of the same thing in every one of their posts. I'm trying the style out. How's it going so far?

You should go with a medium variant.

Noted

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    But if you try sometimes....

I hope I'm not being referred to as a TT nut hugger or nut bugger for what its worth. I've had my tent set up in the get rid of TT camp on a coule occasions before, but that doesn't mean my opinion can't change when the man does something I agree with. My last issue was that he didn't use FA effectively. I've said this example before, so i'll do it again for Zools sake. Haha! When a FA signs with another team for a minimal deal and said he was just waiting for a phone call from GB (Danny Trevethan). That is when I have an issue. Maybe the guy signs a more friendly deal bc he wanted to play here? Who knows? A simple phone call wasn't made. At that point I didn't feel he was fulfilling his job requirements. And was fine with showing him the door.

However, it sounds to me like some of you think you can fill every hole through free agency. Sorry, that is not how this game is played by the majority of winning teams. And quite frankly, I think you are letting your built up frustration take control of your keyboard. Like I previously mentioned, I've been mad at TT for past free agency periods. But I'm pretty happy with this one so far. And hopeful more help is on the way either soon or in the FA period after the draft once we see what help is coming from the draft. I know mock drafts are silly, but I saw a 4 round one from Rueter that had us taking R1 Guard Forrest Lamp R2 CB Fabian Moreau R3 RB D'Onta Foreman and R4 OLB Vince Biegel. Any draft similar to this would address lots of the needs I see people TT wanting to sign FAs for. There are a couple of plug and play Guards in this draft that would fill the hole Lang left. Not right away of course, but plenty of Guards come in the league now and dominate. Zach Martin, DeCastro, etc. Nobody even gives thought to the improvement Spriggs and Barclay will make with another full year in the NFL weight room and getting healthy. Thought I read somewhere that MM thinks Barclay played hurt last year and is better than he showed. But some of you here talking like TT doesn't have a clue to what he's doing and doesn't have a contingency plan and yadda yadda really make yourselves look foolish. Yes its fun to come on here and give our 2 cents and complain about this or complain about that. But to say one of the top 5 GMs in the NFL doesn't have a plan, or isn't looking ahead 1,2, probably even 3 and 4 years into the future, is laughable to me. Thank you for the entertainment you are providing.

I understand the frustration because I've had it as well. There is a small part of me that wants TT to sign AP, just so I can buy a Peterson jersey and wear it every time my best friend wears his ugly purple Favre jersey. He's been a Vikings fan since Warren Moon. Thats besides the point. At least 3 different players will be playing for this team this year that played for other teams last year. That has to be a record for a TT team. And to think, some of you are giving TT a fail grade for the FA period.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Darryl revis could be had effectively for free. Would he be any assistance as our three or four cb?

Also great post bzndallas

2018 Comp Picks so far:

Nick Korte‏ @nickkorte 4h4 hours ago
    So, Packers currently have a 3rd, 5th & 2 6ths for 2018 compensatory picks, Raiders have 5th & three 6ths.

https://t.co/0HRRa7uOrO
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

For the record, I am more disappointed in the FA that were packer players and got away this year. Than I am about any he didn't sign. Mainly Tretter and Lang.

2018 Comp Picks so far:

Nick Korte‏ @nickkorte 4h4 hours ago
    So, Packers currently have a 3rd, 5th & 2 6ths for 2018 compensatory picks, Raiders have 5th & three 6ths.

https://t.co/0HRRa7uOrO
    you mean 4 don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    you mean 4 don't you?
    No, you can only get 4 total comp picks in any year.

No, you can only get 4 total comp picks in any year.
    oh...ok. thx

Which is...But if you try sometime, you'll find you get what you need?

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Which is...But if you try sometime, you'll find you get what you need?
    Awww yeah yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    For the record, I am more disappointed in the FA that were packer players and got away this year. Than I am about any he didn't sign. Mainly Tretter and Lang.
    I can kinda see why Tretter is gone. He wanted a chance to start and he is a better tackle than guard and we seem to have more tackles than open spots on the line. I was really sorry to see Lang go. His absence makes RG the biggest hole on the offense. I know Lacy is gone but IMO RB is one of the few positions where a rookie can come in and contribute right away.

Funny thing about Ted Thompson. I've pretty much always been a detractor of him, but when it comes down to each individual decision - who to sign/who to let go, I most of the time have to agree with him. Lang, Tretter, and Hyde went for more money than it woulda been a good idea to pay. I'm glad he let Lacy and Jones go. He may have gotten more with less in the TE situation. He didn't really overpay to retain Perry. I would have liked to see him pick up a top quality Corner, but none of them have stood out as bargains. He signed my guy, Jayrone Elliot. Getting Barwin might have been nice, but I think we will be OK without him.

There's still several Corners out there worth considering, and I'd be pleased to see us pick up Adrian Peterson cheap (not Lynch or Blount).
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    The Packers have money to spend. When you let your free agents go and leave money left over you bet that guys like Rodgers are then looking to get a cpntract upgrade especially if you are not spending it on the players that are going to make a run to the Super Bowl a little bit easier. I would think that having Lang at guard verse Spriggs or Barclay would give the Packer more protection for Rodgers, and sustain the running game. I might be wrong, but cutting Josh Sitton opened the door to Lane Taylor who statistically was the worst out of the five starting linemen. He was covered up because the other 4 of them were pretty good. I am sure that Taylor will be a bit better this upcoming season but now the Packers have to take the hit on introducing a new full time starter to the offensive line.

I agree that Lang got more money than he was worth but Lang filled a need and he was let go, and now the Packers go into the draft with far too many needs for a Super Bowl contending team.