Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers' Off Season Moves and 2017 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I haven't heard anyone complain about the mediocre at best ILB's lately. Is everyone just assuming that TT will never fix that problem either?
    I do want to see what Ponch and Jon can do with a healthy season.

But this is taking time like finding Collins took time.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Packers to interview former Washington DL Ricky Jean Francois. http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...cois/99475100/

He was released by Washington last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Packers to interview former Washington DL Ricky Jean Francois. http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...cois/99475100/

He was released by Washington last week.
    http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washin...plenty-options

When the Redskins made the surprise cut of Ricky Jean-François last week many folks wondered if the move was directly football related...

His numbers don't pop off the page, but François is a big presence (6-foot-3, 300 pounds), as well as a locker room leader and hard worker. He will find a job, and quickly.
    Sounds like decent depth.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post

This would be a good signing and like others we would not need to give up 8th round draft pick so it's up TT's alley
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Bob McGinn‏ @BobMcGinn 8m8 minutes ago
    Minus leverage as exclusive rights FA, Joe Thomas re-signed Packers' minimum 1-yr, $615K offer. Played 65.9% of snaps as team's best ILB.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

A Good Cheap Signing. He may not have a high ceiling, but he has played better ILB up to now than anybody other than Clay Matthews.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Field Yates‏ @FieldYates

Source: RB Christine Michael & OT Byron Bell both visited the Packers today. Michael finished 2016 with Green Bay.

Michael has been resigned.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    You going with his instagram or did someone confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    Field Yates‏ @FieldYates 31m31 minutes ago
    Source: after visiting the team today, RB Christine Michael has re-signed with the Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    You going with his instagram or did someone confirm this?
    New media confirmation via Instagram:

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Field Yates‏ @FieldYates 31m31 minutes ago
    Source: after visiting the team today, RB Christine Michael has re-signed with the Packers.
    I like him as a change of pace back. Everything he doers is fast, if not always correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I like him as a change of pace back. Everything he doers is fast, if not always correct.
    You'd think that would be a fix tailor made for Bennett and company. Though Edgar might be busier with no Clements around this year.

Bob Condotta‏ @bcondotta 37m37 minutes ago
    So pick No. 61 of 2013 draft by Packers, Eddie Lacy, now with Seahawks, and pick No. 62 by Seahawks, Michael, stays with Packers.

Good they retained Michael. I've heard him called stupid in here. I think it was Nick Collins some people ragged on that way too. I'll take whatever perceived mental slowness he might have over physical slowness of some plodder RB any day.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Good they retained Michael. I've heard him called stupid in here. I think it was Nick Collins some people ragged on that way too. I'll take whatever perceived mental slowness he might have over physical slowness of some plodder RB any day.
    I like the signing. With a full year in the program and the offseason, I think Michael can do good things. He showed flashes last year and is probably a better option then Peterson.

This also counts as a free agent signing for anyone keeping score.
    Last edited by Teamcheez1; 03-22-2017 at 06:42 PM.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I also like Michael. He's got some potential if he can keep his head on straight and realize he's in a good position.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    i've no problem with him at all. very quick and runs hard. he'll have a lot more time (ota's and camp) with the offense this go around.

I'm glad they signed Michael, now to get stubby to actually use him.

Blog Entries
    Michael has some skills, but he's screwed up mentally. He's played for all these teams, it's got his mind fogged. He needs to save his dancing for the dance floor. Make your cut and go, kid. He's got potential, this is a critical year for him.