Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers' Off Season Moves and 2017 Roster

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Field Yates‏ @FieldYates 31m31 minutes ago
    Source: after visiting the team today, RB Christine Michael has re-signed with the Packers.
    I like him as a change of pace back. Everything he doers is fast, if not always correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I like him as a change of pace back. Everything he doers is fast, if not always correct.
    You'd think that would be a fix tailor made for Bennett and company. Though Edgar might be busier with no Clements around this year.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Bob Condotta‏ @bcondotta 37m37 minutes ago
    So pick No. 61 of 2013 draft by Packers, Eddie Lacy, now with Seahawks, and pick No. 62 by Seahawks, Michael, stays with Packers.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Field Yates‏ @FieldYates 31m31 minutes ago
    Source: after visiting the team today, RB Christine Michael has re-signed with the Packers.
    Tom Silverstein‏ @TomSilverstein 2h2 hours ago
    #Packers gave RB Christine Michael a one-year, $800,000 deal that included $25,000 signing bonus. Veteran salary benefit, so cap # is $640K.

Good they retained Michael. I've heard him called stupid in here. I think it was Nick Collins some people ragged on that way too. I'll take whatever perceived mental slowness he might have over physical slowness of some plodder RB any day.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Good they retained Michael. I've heard him called stupid in here. I think it was Nick Collins some people ragged on that way too. I'll take whatever perceived mental slowness he might have over physical slowness of some plodder RB any day.
    I like the signing. With a full year in the program and the offseason, I think Michael can do good things. He showed flashes last year and is probably a better option then Peterson.

This also counts as a free agent signing for anyone keeping score.
    Last edited by Teamcheez1; 03-22-2017 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    i've no problem with him at all. very quick and runs hard. he'll have a lot more time (ota's and camp) with the offense this go around.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I also like Michael. He's got some potential if he can keep his head on straight and realize he's in a good position.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

I'm glad they signed Michael, now to get stubby to actually use him.

Blog Entries
    Michael has some skills, but he's screwed up mentally. He's played for all these teams, it's got his mind fogged. He needs to save his dancing for the dance floor. Make your cut and go, kid. He's got potential, this is a critical year for him.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Michael has some skills, but he's screwed up mentally. He's played for all these teams, it's got his mind fogged. He needs to save his dancing for the dance floor. Make your cut and go, kid. He's got potential, this is a critical year for him.
    Yeah, he has to slow to 1/2 speed in the backfield, make a read then accelerate. They should clockwork orange him with James Starks footage (Super Bowl version, not last year's version).

Jason Wilde‏ @jasonjwilde 13h13 hours ago
    "The #Packers have some interest in a visit with Peterson, but ... it might not happen until ... [after] the draft."

The Green Bay Packers have some interest in a visit with Peterson, but it's believed that might not happen until after the team can take stock of its roster following the draft.
    Not in favor. Though I am not sure I want a RB in the first to prevent it.

Jason Wilde‏ @jasonjwilde 13h13 hours ago
    "The #Packers have some interest in a visit with Peterson, but ... it might not happen until ... [after] the draft."

Not in favor. Though I am not sure I want a RB in the first to prevent it.

I'm not buying that the Packers have had any interest whatsoever in Peterson. I think it's just all bullshit smoke and mirrors thrown up by his agent. Notice how during every free agency period the Pack always gets used by the agents as one of the teams that is interested in so and so. I think they do this because they know that T.T. and the Pack are so tight lipped that nobody will refute their alleged, "interest".

reported by several sources

Translation: AP's agent talking to multiple reporters. ~Andrew Brandt

Yeah, its a duplicate, but I want this thread to stay up to date.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago
    Former Washington DT Ricky Jean Francois signed a one-year, $3M deal with Packers, per source.

so who's spot does he fill?

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    so he basically takes datone's spot then.
    I think he'd be in the DT/DE rotation not the OLB.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    I think he'd be in the DT/DE rotation not the OLB.
    he was drafted as a de but failed that. one experimental series of games doesn't qualify him as an olb in my book.

he was drafted as a de but failed that. one experimental series of games doesn't qualify him as an olb in my book.
    Wasn't Datone elephant all season this year? Francis will be Guion's replacement in base and a rotation guy in Wist's favorite 2-4 formation and I would think. Daniels, Clark, Franky/Guion in 3-4.

so who's spot does he fill?
    Guion's.

Datone was OLB all year last year.