Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers' Off Season Moves and 2017 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    so you saying cut guion and sign this guy?
    Not a perfect fit. Francois was cheap and took Pennell's place. Jones would be pricier I bet, though he has been hurt. And spot on Packers roster now is 4 game Guion suspension. Not sure I would trust him beyond that.

Just odd that someone at that level got released so late in FA game.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Not a perfect fit. Francois was cheap and took Pennell's place. Jones would be pricier I bet, though he has been hurt. And spot on Packers roster now is 4 game Guion suspension. Not sure I would trust him beyond that.

Just odd that someone at that level got released so late in FA game.
    well...if he's better (i don't really know anything about the guy) than guion then he should do it. it's about getting better. i might bring my FA grade for him to a C if he does. lol

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    well...if he's better (i don't really know anything about the guy) than guion then he should do it. it's about getting better. i might bring my FA grade for him to a C if he does. lol
    If I recall correctly, he's got (or had) that rare inside pass rush. But Ravens let him go and so did Colts now.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Top Free Agents left for Packers http://packerstalk.com/2017/03/24/pa...till-consider/

1. Perry Riley, ILB Oakland Raiders
    2. Lardarius Webb, DB Ravens
    3. Byron Bell, OL Titans
    4. Dwight Freeney, OLB Falcons
    5. Deandre Levy, ILB Lions

If I recall correctly, he's got (or had) that rare inside pass rush. But Ravens let him go and so did Colts now.
    Dom doesn't care about inside pass rush any more than he cares about ILB play.

He had a good interior rusher in Raji and misused him by trying to turn him into run stuffing 2-4 DT. Now he's doing the same thing with Daniels.

The problem isn't players, the problem is Capers.
    wist

And the beat goes on. Yeah the beat goes on

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    And the beat goes on. Yeah the beat goes on
    Year after year... and Rodgers is another year older.

I'll give TT a little credit though, he does seem to have found a small sense of urgency. Too bad the organization can't see what a fraud Capers is.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Year after year... and Rodgers is another year older.

I'll give TT a little credit though, he does seem to have found a small sense of urgency. Too bad the organization can't see what a fraud Capers is.
    I was referring to your Ripken-like streak of complaining about Capers without change.

It's fine to have a dissenting opinion and there's certainly room for criticism, but when you speak in absolutes, repetitively parrot one opinion, and conveniently disappear when the facts don't support your narrative, you have to expect others to start discounting your point of view.
    Busting drunk drivers in Antarctica since 2006

What was I thinking... Dom is da man, lol

All those dismal numbers and embarrassing performances are on Ted... wait, what??? I'm so confused...

Which is it??
    wist

All those dismal numbers and embarrassing performances are on Ted... wait, what??? I'm so confused...

Which is it??
    Do you think the packers are a dismal and embarrassing team?

Which is it??
    All I'm saying is everyone here knows your opinion on the matter. That dead horse ain't getting any deader. Maybe add something new?

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Do you think the packers are a dismal and embarrassing team?
    No, of course not; however, the organization has a tremendous blindspot which rises to the level of being a fundamental flaw - and that is related to all things defense.

TT is ultimately responsible b/c he is the one that needs to fire Capers.

During a press conference year before, or last, Eliot Wolf admitted that the Packers don't value the ILB position very much - and that of course is born out in how they procure players for the position, and how perpetually weak we are in the middle of our defense. As I said, TT is ultimately responsible, but it is Capers who cares nothing about controlling the middle of the field; hence, his addiction to running that abominable 2-4 year in and year out, play in and play out.

Capers has fielded some of the worst defenses in NFL history during his time in Green Bay... yet he's still here.

No, the organization isn't an embarrassment - but Capers surely is.
    wist

All I'm saying is everyone here knows your opinion on the matter. That dead horse ain't getting any deader. Maybe add something new?
    We're all stuck in the same ruts... including you, Ted, and Dom.

It is Ted who refuses to fire Capers, and it is Capers who keeps running that same piece of shit scheme, and it is the organization that keeps misjudging players - mainly b/c of Dom's input I'd guess - and the beat goes on.

Nothing is going to change - b/c the Packers have changed nothing. It isn't me... It's Ted's refusal to call a spade a spade, and send Capers off into retirement.

We have a puncher's chance b/c we have the QB - but for all intents and purposes, we're sunk before the opening kickoff of the season b/c of Capers.
    wist

We're all stuck in the same ruts... including you, Ted, and Dom.

It is Ted who refuses to fire Capers, and it is Capers who keeps running that same piece of shit scheme, and it is the organization that keeps misjudging players - mainly b/c of Dom's input I'd guess - and the beat goes on.

Nothing is going to change - b/c the Packers have changed nothing. It isn't me... It's Ted's refusal to call a spade a spade, and send Capers off into retirement.

We have a puncher's chance b/c we have the QB - but for all intents and purposes, we're sunk before the opening kickoff of the season b/c of Capers.
    And the beat goes on.

Given the personnel that Ted has provided us, that "same piece of shit scheme" put forth by Capers is the only thing keeping the Packers D from being "dismal and embarrassing".
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Field Yates‏ @FieldYates 31m31 minutes ago
    Source: after visiting the team today, RB Christine Michael has re-signed with the Packers.
    Tom Silverstein‏ @TomSilverstein 2h2 hours ago
    #Packers gave RB Christine Michael a one-year, $800,000 deal that included $25,000 signing bonus. Veteran salary benefit, so cap # is $640K.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Given the personnel that Ted has provided us, that "same piece of shit scheme" put forth by Capers is the only thing keeping the Packers D from being "dismal and embarrassing".
    So you should be on the Fire TT Bandwagon, then - no??

Because one thing is for sure and for certain - Green Bay's defense sucks, and has sucked for many years.

The one year we actually had a decent shot was the year MM/Dom wilted under the pressure in Seattle.

25 years of HOF QB's, and only 2 titles?? Sorry, but I expect more.
    wist

And the beat goes on.
    We're just the Cleveland Browns with a better QB.....

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    We're just the Cleveland Browns with a better QB.....
    Not too far off...

Rodgers goes down and we stumble to a 2-5-1 record; Brady is suspended for the Pats, and they go 3-1 and look good doing it.

Without Rodgers, the Packers are very much a sub .500 team.
    wist