Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread: Packers' Off Season Moves and 2017 Roster

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    We don't need 5 or 6 for rookies. We need 1.5-2

I've corrected this already in another thread
    Gee sorry Boss. I'll make it a point to read ALL your posts before posting again.

Barry Sandering him???

As I said in another post, TT has already brought in 4 FAs this off season. 2 of which on ARs side of the ball. Try again.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

And how many has he lost? Our improvement have been marginal

When a rod told the team to go "all in". I seriously doubt this is what he meant

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    And how many has he lost? Our improvement have been marginal

When a rod told the team to go "all in". I seriously doubt this is what he meant
    As long as I've been watching TT, this sure seems like his version of 'all-in'. Like it or not.

Geez I hate it when TT haters make me defend TT. I have my issues with the man, but damn, can we be realistic for once? The man isn't going bat shit crazy to spend his money. Get over it, appreciate the fact he seems to be making changes to his philosophy.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SMBASS View Post
    You're right red. Can't remember where in the heck I saw it now but I think the article I read said that our rookie cap hit should be about $2 or $2.1 mil. this year. As you mentioned, we still currently have over $20 mil. to play with.
    There is not as much room as you think. Packers do have $22-23 million in space. They also have 62 players on the roster. Lowest in the League.

Bears have $20 mil of space and 78 players signed.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    There is not as much room as you think. Packers do have $22-23 million in space. They also have 62 players on the roster. Lowest in the League.

C'mon you bunch of complaining panty-waists! 62 players on the roster at $22.5 million of space. They just singed the Guard. 63 players now, 80 (or 90 don't remember) are going to camp, Top 51 count on salary cap until cut downs I think.

Someone screaming to spend money figure out how much is left and who to sign. Now is you chance to be better than Ted.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Butler 12/year, 5 year contract. Leaving 10 million to carry over for arods rewrite next year

But I'm ignoring the fact he won't take this and we need to trade for him.

Someone screaming to spend money figure out how much is left and who to sign. Now is you chance to be better than Ted.
    Yup.

Blog Entries
    C'mon you bunch of complaining panty-waists! 62 players on the roster at $22.5 million of space. They just singed the Guard. 63 players now, 80 (or 90 don't remember) are going to camp, Top 51 count on salary cap until cut downs I think.

OK, now you are sounding like Mr Turtle's Campaign Manager again

While all of Packerrats was screaming for Conner Barwin, you and Ted were really watching Arena Football League games, weren't you ? ))))
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

What the hell does it matter how many guys we have signed when only the top 51 count?

We could have 120 guys signed to the team right now and the cap space would be the same

The bottom 20 or 30 guys out of that 51 are gonna be making the minimum

What the hell does it matter how many guys we have signed when only the top 51 count?

We could have 120 guys signed to the team right now and the cap space would be the same

The bottom 20 or 30 guys out of that 51 are gonna be making the minimum
    The Top 51 only counts in the offseason. The real action is near cut downs when the whole roster gets counted.

According to the Better Than Tedsters, a minimum $ guy like Justin or his twin Jordan the Guards don't count. So I am assuming you want to spend some millions. Which means that FA is going to be in the 20-30 guys making more than the minimum.

So how much he makes influences how many minimum guys you need.

So I want to know how much you think they should spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    OK, now you are sounding like Mr Turtle's Campaign Manager again

While all of Packerrats was screaming for Conner Barwin, you and Ted were really watching Arena Football League games, weren't you ? ))))
    Intrigued by Barwin and probably would have cheered his signing. But his numbers don't look hot. I know the scheme was an issue but I sense warning lights coming off the guy.

As for Arena League, if it was good enough for Kurt Warner, it is good enough for a Guard.

Oh good gravy.

Mike Garafolo‏ @MikeGarafolo
    Aforementioned team that brought in Joe Mixon this week was the Packers. Like others, getting info/medical they didn't get at Combine.

Oh good gravy.

Mike Garafolo‏ @MikeGarafolo
    Aforementioned team that brought in Joe Mixon this week was the Packers. Like others, getting info/medical they didn't get at Combine.
    I wondered if the Packers would consider Mixon. They can than sign Petersen and bring back Ray Rice for the trifecta.

I actually think Mixon could be one of the steals of the draft.

Tom Silverstein‏ @TomSilverstein 48s48 seconds ago
    Per NFL transaction wire, #Packers have signed street FA long snapper Derek Hart. Joins another street free agent, Taybor Pepper.

Blog Entries
    Per NFL transaction wire, #Packers have signed street FA long snapper Derek Hart. Joins another street free agent, Taybor Pepper.

Now the real question..does he have an Arena League Resume ??
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Jason Wilde‏ @jasonjwilde Apr 5
    Also on #NFL transaction wire in addition to Ego Ferguson being waived/failed physical, #Packers RB Don Jackson signed his ERFA tender.

Have we moved on from Goode?

Rodgers releases Munn...gets immediate cap relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Have we moved on from Goode?
    It would seem so. He has not been signed and there are two other long snappers on the team. But no one is saying anything directly.

It would seem so. He has not been signed and there are two other long snappers on the team. But no one is saying anything directly.
    it looks like 650,000 is too much to pay for a dependable long snapper when you can find a possible replacement for 450,000

edit, he made 885,00o last year

the guy is 32, he's getting up there in age