Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33

Thread: Packers' Off Season Moves and 2017 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Pretty sure Ted has paid a few guys the active roster, rookie or non-vested vet minimum while on the PS. This would still be lower than the vet minimum, which is around $800,000 but counts against the cap as less as $480 K or so.
    this is from 2 years ago, so prices have gone up some

but this was the highest paid practice squad player in the nfl for the 2015 season

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2015/10...-isaiah-battle

he made 25,600 a week, times 17 weeks= 435,000, so that would be around your very, VERY top end for PS guys

the cowboys did this last year

http://newsbake.com/sports/nfl/dalla...ractice-squad/

the guy made $10 less then he would have made making the minimum on the active roster

Packers sign guard jahri evans.

6-time-pro-bowler-jahri-evans-signs-with-packers

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Interesting. Last week I was looking on Walterfootball.com at available free agent guards and he was near the top of the remaining players. Sure, he's 34, but if he has no medical issues and can make the team and help them for a year or two, and they can still develop another guy, and/or draft someone later in the draft or in college free agency. Good move.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

old but not a big injury history with him.

I'm a fan of the move.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    Packers sign guard jahri evans.

6-time-pro-bowler-jahri-evans-signs-with-packers
    Last season was different for him - he was an FA and signed with Seattle. They let him go before the season started, Saints picked him back up and he started all 16 games! Seemed pretty odd to me.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

This guy is done. Literally the definition of stop gap.

They need him in case youngsters don't work out.

Not really a fan, but its a nice backstop signing.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    This guy is done. Literally the definition of stop gap.

They need him in case youngsters don't work out.

Not really a fan, but its a nice backstop signing.
    Which they shouldn't need but the almighty fucked up and let Lang walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Last season was different for him - he was an FA and signed with Seattle. They let him go before the season started, Saints picked him back up and he started all 16 games! Seemed pretty odd to me.
    I looked up the Saints offensive stat's (passing and running, plus sacks) from 2016. Pretty impressive. I looked up the Saint's depth chart - now pretty young and formidable.

I'm thinking we have a motivated, albeit elderly, starting right guard.

Good signing.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    The morning of the draft I look at this move as protection if Thompson can't land a plug and play guard in the draft. Evans can most likely get through the season, at this point you might rather have him than Sitton anyways. Sitton sat most of last season with back problems. Evans is relatively healthy and not especially old for an offensive linemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    The morning of the draft I look at this move as protection if Thompson can't land a plug and play guard in the draft. Evans can most likely get through the season, at this point you might rather have him than Sitton anyways. Sitton sat most of last season with back problems. Evans is relatively healthy and not especially old for an offensive linemen.
    Yes.

Its also Ted's favorite FA period, when the money has all dried up and costs are more reasonable.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.