Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers' Off Season Moves and 2017 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    I think we're losing Perry. I can see him getting better $ than the Pack are willing to offer. There will be posts of those saying this is proof that TT needs to go as he's letting valuable pieces go. And others who will point out that the $ he got is more than the Packers could have possibly offer it without screwing themselves over on the cap and keeping other players.
    I'm obviously not the biggest fan of Ted, but I don't think he fails to re-sign Perry. And if he does, it will be because somebody overpays for him. Perry did damn good last season, but you could also make a case for saying he is a classic case of a player playing up in his contract year. I'll fault Ted if he doesn't get us a top quality free agent Corner, but I don't see him messing up either way on Perry.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    I think we're losing Perry. I can see him getting better $ than the Pack are willing to offer. There will be posts of those saying this is proof that TT needs to go as he's letting valuable pieces go. And others who will point out that the $ he got is more than the Packers could have possibly offer it without screwing themselves over on the cap and keeping other players.
    Anyone know what the tag number for an OLB would be?

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Anyone know what the tag number for an OLB would be?
    Unofficial, but this is probably real close:

The specific amounts of the franchise tenders won’t be known until the per-team salary cap has been finalized. If the cap is $165 million, here are the salary-cap numbers:

Quarterback: $21.01 million.

Defensive end: $16.73 million.

Receiver: $15.49 million.

Linebacker: $14.37 million.

Offensive line: $14.1 million.

Cornerback: $14.04 million.

Defensive tackle: $13.22 million.

Running back: $11.9 million.

Safety: $10.76 million.

Tight end: $9.66 million.

Kicker-punter: $4.77 million.

Thanks Joe. I didn't realize the cap had anything to do with it. I thought it was the average of the top 5 at that position. Either way, Perry at $14 or $16mil makes the tag a non-option.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Thanks Joe. I didn't realize the cap had anything to do with it. I thought it was the average of the top 5 at that position. Either way, Perry at $14 or $16mil makes the tag a non-option.
    I didn't know either. It's actually a combination:

The NFL starts by calculating a "franchise tag" amount for each of the prior five years. The franchise tag amount is the average of the top five salaries at each position for each year. Then the NFL adds up the last five franchise tag amounts and divides them by the prior five total salary-cap amounts.

The NFL takes this rolling five-year average of how much of the salary cap that position's franchise tag takes up, then takes that percentage of this year's salary cap as the non-exclusive offer amount.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    one of those two (tretter, linsley) will be our starting guard next year, the other will be the center

no room for lang imo
    I don't know if Linsley has ever been anything other than a center. And can we depend upon Tretter to stay on the field this coming season? He being injury prone is concerning for sure. Lang might be a little older but he is a warrior and will play banged up.

Anyone know what Pack will have to spend this year in cap space

GOT IT...

7 mil J.C. Tretter
    2.5 mil Hyde
    4 mil Datone

Free Agents (LOOKS LIKE 1 IS ALL WE CAN DO REALISTICALLY)
    11 mil Stephon Gilmore or A.J. Bouye

THESE SIGNING WOULD LET US GO HEAVY ON D IN THE DRAFT

Free Agent Pass Rushers. Not grouped by price, but grouped by likely impact next year.

1. Jason Pierre Paul, 28 (wanted back)
    2. Chandler Jones 26, (wanted back, tag)
    3. Calais Campbell, 31
    4. Melvin Ingram, 27
    5. Lorenzo Alexander, 33 (career year in weird circumstances)
    6. Jabaal Sheard, 28
    7. Chris Long, 32
    8. Charles Johnson, 31
    9. Mario Addison, 30
    10. Nick Perry, 27
    11. Erik Walden, 32
    12. Dwight Freeney
    13. Julius Peppers
    14. DeMarcus Ware
    15. James Harrison
    16. Robert Mathis
    17. Trent Cole

Bargains

1. Jacques Smith
    2. Margus Hunt
    3. Jarvis Jones

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...er-free-agents
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

calais campbell keeps jumping out at me. the guys just a beast, and perfect for our system

and he fits the mold of the type of free agent TT likes to sign

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    calais campbell keeps jumping out at me. the guys just a beast, and perfect for our system

and he fits the mold of the type of free agent TT likes to sign
    Certainly would be interesting. Still playing at a high level with 8 sacks. I see he had 6 passes defensed. I wonder if that's batting down passes at the line, or if he sometimes drops into coverage. http://www.nfl.com/player/calaiscampbell/744/profile

Have there been any projections on what Terrell pryor will get in free agency? I think he can be our next Jordy, great speed, great hands, good head.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Have there been any projections on what Terrell pryor will get in free agency? I think he can be our next Jordy, great speed, great hands, good head.
    Not so sure about the 'good head' thing. Saw a report a while back that said none of his teammates like him. Apparently he was not liked at Ohio St and that has followed him to the Browns too. I'll see if I can find the report. I was intrigued as well by his abilities until I saw the article. Didn't sound like Packer People.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

This isn't the one I originally read, but it kinda shows some of the issues Pryor has or has had. So maybe he is trying to be a better player and or person. But it also sounds like the Browns are very interested in bringing him back anyway. Fast, big target, I like where you're going with it though.

http://nypost.com/2016/12/22/everyon...errelle-pryor/

By good head I meant he is trained at reading a d from the qb perspective which might help get him on the same page as arid quickly

Apologies. Your comparison was to Jordy Nelson so I missed the connection. My bad.

Pretty good group of CB's who could be available in FA. http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2017CB.php

I think we know TT won't throw crazy money at anybody on Day 1. However, I could see him try to make a deal after that. 2 of the top 4 CB's belong to the Patriots. They may decide they can't sign them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Pretty good group of CB's who could be available in FA. http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2017CB.php

I think we know TT won't throw crazy money at anybody on Day 1. However, I could see him try to make a deal after that. 2 of the top 4 CB's belong to the Patriots. They may decide they can't sign them both.
    Good List. I'd tend to discount the guys who had a lot of D talent around them (Bouye and the Patriot players). Gilmore and Amukamara stand out to me on the list.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Cameron Wake signs new 2 year 18 million deal with Dolphins. Is this what it will cost to sign Perry?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Cameron Wake signs new 2 year 18 million deal with Dolphins. Is this what it will cost to sign Perry?
    If so that is reasonable imo. And worth it