Mods, please sticky this thread, and remove the PackerRats Fantasy Football sticky. Thanks.

What I love about the draft (and I do this too) is that the evergreen sense of optimism always returns despite the dead solid certainty of disappointment.

1. Hyped about next draft, lotta new unknown players, get some favorites lined up (TJ Watt already there in December)
2. Because you are no better than NFL teams, your faves bust out at same 50% rate. At a minimum.
3. Immediately forget what you got wrong*
4. Focus on another calamity not of your making
5. Focus on one great prediction you were hip to
6. Blast home team for being dumb and getting 50% of picks wrong
7. Tell tale of malfeasance that might have some basis in fact
8. Blame problems on non-specific, non-falsifiable character flaw (ego)
9. Make the case for 3/4 of the year that your team stinks at player acquisition
10. Get hyped about the next draft
11. Lather, rinse, repeat

*unless you liked Chad Jackson, Odell Thurman or whoever you wanted instead of Nick Collins.

Well, no more living on selective memory.

Somehow somewhere, we are going to have a PackerRats 2017 Fantasy Draft Challenge.

You won't be predicting teams' selection or an entire round, you will be making selections for your own theoretical team.

However many signup, that is the extent of the draft (maybe, if there is an automatic option we go with computer teams to get a reasonable number).

I will invent a grading system. The "season" will last three years. Points awarded for making team, starting, being active or actually playing. Plus bonus for Pro Bowl, All Pro, etc.

Penalized for not being drafted, cut or on PS. Probably penalize or injury because Ted and you need to learn a lesson.

Probably want to draft at least half as many prospects as the actual draft.