Thread: 2017 Packers Offseason Non-Draft Non-FAs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm saying for sure he is. He's a speed back - comparatively. He has the size and displayed the power last year. And certainly he doesn't need to come out in 3rd down/passing situations.

Barring injuries - which is always a major factor - he's a golden example of a 3 down back. Combine that with Christine Michael for a speedier change of pace and Ripkowski as either a RB or FB to provide power as a change of pace, and we are in decent shape.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I'm saying for sure he is. He's a speed back - comparatively. He has the size and displayed the power last year. And certainly he doesn't need to come out in 3rd down/passing situations.

Barring injuries - which is always a major factor - he's a golden example of a 3 down back. Combine that with Christine Michael for a speedier change of pace and Ripkowski as either a RB or FB to provide power as a change of pace, and we are in decent shape.
    No way he handles the pounding of a regular back. I have said it before and I will again. Even as little as stubby runs the ball. Monty can not handle the pounding of the feature back. If they go that route he will NOT go more than 6 games without missing time. I am aware of his physical stats, so please don't offer them as a counter. I just don't think he's up to it.