Thread: 2017 Packers Offseason Non-Draft Non-FAs

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2017 Packers Offseason Non-Draft Non-FAs

M3 End of Season Presser

no coaching changes yet. EDIT: WRONG: KEEP READING!

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 17m17 minutes ago
    "2016 Confidants" was theme to season, MM says. Had countdown each week to the number of days to the Super Bowl.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT CONFIDANTS MEANS IN THIS CONTEXT

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 16m16 minutes ago
    McCarthy on the Super Bowl: "That's the ultimate goal and we fell short."

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 15m15 minutes ago
    McCarthy: We reached a very high level of success this season...but we did not reach the ultimate goal of winning the Super Bowl.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 16m16 minutes ago
    "I would say our team had a successful season without a doubt. I don't know why we're even questioning that." But did not reach @SuperBowl.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 14m14 minutes ago
    Offense overcame injuries. Defense couldn't do the same with limitations at cornerback.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 15m15 minutes ago
    McCarthy said he considers pass rushers and corners the two primary positions on defense. #Packers clearly lacked the latter this season.

I GOT NEWS FOR YOU, YOU LACKED THE FORMER AS WELL

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 15m15 minutes ago
    McCarthy said he spoke with Ty Montgomery during his exit interview. Montgomery is a running back. He will change his number. #Packers

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 15m15 minutes ago
    Montgomery is a running back and will change his number. Will flex out and play WR but he will be "on the depth chart as a running back."

More MM on corners: Randall and Rollins did lot of good things as rookies. Expected them to take Year 2 jump but "multiple injuries" slowed.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 14m14 minutes ago
    McCarthy said the history of players making jumps from first to second seasons influences roster building. Injuries slowed Randall/Rollins.

I WOULD CUT EXPECTATIONS ABOUT THIS JUMP BY 50% IMMEDIATELY

MM remains confident that Randall and Rollins will develop into quality players. Will work out together in Cali. in offseason.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 14m14 minutes ago
    Sam Shields has still not cleared the concussion protocol, according to McCarthy. "He needs to get healthy for him and his family." #Packers

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 13m13 minutes ago
    MM would "love to see Eddie (Lacy) back." He'll be a free agent and isn't healthy yet.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 12m12 minutes ago
    McCarthy said he hasn't entered the evaluation process of his coaching staff yet. "I feel really good about the job our coaching staff did."
    Last edited by pbmax; 01-26-2017 at 11:40 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.