Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Packers Offseason Non-Draft Non-FAs

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    yeah, thats no good, but something i said might happen months ago

anyone have a picture of him at the game?
    Here is a photo of him at the NFCC game in Atlanta and I don't think he is enormous here.

http://www.packers.com/photos/photo-...1-ed3ac4dff918

Writer on writer violence, Cliff Christl whacks Bob McGinn with a white out bottle thrown across the room.

A recent Milwaukee Journal Sentinel story about the 1996 Packers stated that when they won the Super Bowl Lambeau “still was encircled by the corrugated steel fence dating to its construction in 1957.” For the record, that was incorrect and an example of how Packers history gets distorted when writers don’t verify what they present as facts.

Read more: http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...#ixzz4YsQRjjFY
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

FAKE NEWS!
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Here is a photo of him at the NFCC game in Atlanta and I don't think he is enormous here.

http://www.packers.com/photos/photo-...1-ed3ac4dff918
    thanks for finding that, i've been looking like crazy for a picture from the game

he looks no where near as bad as i was expecting him to be

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    FAKE NEWS!
    "alternate facts"

Aaron Nagler @AaronNagler
    Here's @KeeganMKey absolutely nailing it as @AaronRodgers12's "Anger Translator"

From NFL Honors show

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

yup, pretty much nailed it

Status of Year 2 Jumpers according to Mike McCarthy

http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...-GB_sf59698348

1. Kenny Clark - 5 QB pressures in 3 playoff games
    “Kenny, if you just watch the progression of the season, his arrow was straight up,” McCarthy said at this year’s combine of Clark, the Packers’ first-round pick in 2016. “I thought he played extremely well the last six weeks. That’s something we need to build off of.”
    2. Dean Lowry - 2 QB sacks in December
    “He came on at the end of the year,” McCarthy said of Lowry, who recorded his two sacks in back-to-back weeks in December. “Get another year of weightlifting, and he can play the one and the three (technique).”

"We think its good cost savings that he can wear short sleeve shirts as proper business attire"
    3. Kyler Holy Mackrell - second on team in coverage tackles (nine)
    McCarthy sees Fackrell, a third-round edge-rusher from Utah State, with a “good frame” (6-5, 245) suited for “10-12 pounds of lean muscle mass” this offseason. His biggest rookie highlight was a strip-sack of Giants QB Eli Manning in Week 5. ~snipped~

“If he doesn’t get hurt he probably would have played a ton more,” McCarthy said. “He was playing really well when he got that hamstring.”
    4. Blake Martinez - somehow pushed to bench by Joe Thomas*, after Martinez was injured and missed 3 games
    “I think all these guys that fight through injuries, particularly when they’re young, early in their career, it needs to be evaluated and make sure they’re preparing themselves to get through that phase,” McCarthy said.

*Joe Thomas takes on the proud mantle of the Packer ILB who is at once, the most sound and reliable, but also the one who needs to be replaced the quickest.

one of the many stories i'm starting to see about why green bay should cut CM3

http://lombardiave.com/2017/02/23/gr...-matthews-cut/

Turn on Matthews’ tape from the past two seasons and you’ll struggle to find a player worth such a staggering salary.
    and the one i read today

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/es...ffseason-move/

Matthews, who will be 31 next season, probably has one or two more solid years in him before age really takes its toll, but it's always better to move on from a player a year too soon than a year too late.
    and

Matthews ended with career lows in tackles and sacks, and dropped to playing just 46.4 percent of Green Bay's defensive snaps

and one talking about how both mathews and cobbs deals are hurting the team

http://lombardiave.com/2017/02/26/gr...obb-contracts/

Per NFL.com, Peppers wants to play this year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...6th-nfl-season
    Last edited by pbmax; 03-06-2017 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    and one talking about how both mathews and cobbs deals are hurting the team

http://lombardiave.com/2017/02/26/gr...obb-contracts/
    We have zero cap hit on Matthews if the Packers decide to release him after the 2017 season. He is being overpaid based on his recent production ($15M with $4M in dead money), but looking at the options, I think they bite the bullet and see if he stays healthy and produces. All bets are off for 2018.

I don't see any changes with Cobb for 2017 either.

Then again, I could be completely wrong and TT jettisons one of them prior to the season like Sitton.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Per NFL.com, Peppers wants to play this year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...6th-nfl-season
    Does Peppers have anything left in the tank at 37? How much do you pay him (how much does he want) as a situational player?
    I don't see the Packers keeping him around at this stage of his career unless it was at a potential veteran's minimum contract.
    Last edited by Teamcheez1; 03-06-2017 at 10:34 AM.

House was finally, officially, cut from the Jaguars after they could find no one willing to trade for him and his deal. So Ted was 1/2 in the CB FA shedding of 2015.

Now all of Packer writer Twitter wants him re-signed. No one can answer why he was benched though.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...k-davon-house/

Packers C Corey Linsley is recovering from offseason ankle surgery, according to two sources. One source described it as a cleanup of loose particles stemming from his 2015 high ankle sprain. The surgery was performed by Dr. Robert Anderson in Charlotte. Linsley is expected to be ready to return by mid-May but there's the chance the Packers will hold him out until training camp. Linsley missed the first half of the 2016 season because of a hamstring injury that one source said was due to compensation from the ankle.

Rob Demovsky, ESPN Staff Writer

Rodgers radio interview with local ESPN:

Michael Cohen‏ @Michael_Cohen13 2h2 hours ago
    Aaron Rodgers is on ESPN radio in Madison. He reiterates the "all-in" comment and says #Packers could add players in/outside of the season.

Rodgers says the difference between winning the Super Bowl or losing in the NFC championship game comes down to "a few plays or players."

Rodgers credits the emergence of Ty Montgomery, Jared Cook and Davante Adams for getting the offense going near the midway point of 2016.

Rodgers said he appealed the facemask call from the NFC championship game that triggered the only fine of his career. Confident he will win.

Rodgers talking OT rules in context of Seattle/Arizona losses. "Those are really tough on us when you feel like you have all the momentum."

Rodgers did not advocate for college football OT rules but he said the college system is "fair" and an intriguing way to decide games.

Rodgers said Clay Matthews, David Bakhtiari, Beau Sandland and former Packer Andy Mulumba all work out at the same facility in California.

Rodgers is focusing on a ketogenic diet right now that is designed to train his body to burn fat rather than muscle. It's a low-carb diet.

FIRST, I THINK THE ONLY WAY TO GET YOUR BODY TO NOT BURN CARBS FIRST IS TO BE OUT OF CARBS. SECOND, KETOSIS IS DIFFICULT ON YOUR KIDNEYS. BE PREPARED FOR RODGERS TO BE ON INJURY REPORT IN 2022 FOR DIALYSIS.

Rodgers said the desire to play into his 40s is due to 1) understanding his body better and 2) enjoying football now more than ever

Rodgers likens Jared Cook to James Starks, who was "one of my all-time favorite teammates." Cook's love for football was renewed this year.

Rodgers has kept in touch with T.J. Lang and says Lang should be a lifetime Green Bay Packer. Same way he felt about John Kuhn.

Rodgers hints at a desire to restructure his contract based on the amount of money current FA quarterbacks are receiving in today's market.

Jersey Al - GBP‏ @JerseyAlGBP 10m10 minutes ago

One forgotten guy on the #Packers roster to help replace Peppers/Jones is Reggie Gilbert. Thought he showed good pass rush ability in camp.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    House was finally, officially, cut from the Jaguars after they could find no one willing to trade for him and his deal. So Ted was 1/2 in the CB FA shedding of 2015.

Now all of Packer writer Twitter wants him re-signed. No one can answer why he was benched though.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...k-davon-house/
    House said they switched from press man coverage to more off zone and he struggled with the transition as he has played mostly press man in his career. BTW, GB plays a lot of press-man coverage on the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    House said they switched from press man coverage to more off zone and he struggled with the transition as he has played mostly press man in his career. BTW, GB plays a lot of press-man coverage on the outside.
    Yep. That bit of news was the best that could be hoped for in explanation of his demotion.

Of course, it continues a disturbing trend of the Packers ability to attract DBs who CANNOT play zone to save their life, but at least he has a shot of playing the dominant coverage well.

M3 sit down interview at League Meetings

Chris Roth‏ @rothchris 24m24 minutes ago
    MM says Browns got an excellent center in @JCTretter

MM: Clay needs to be moved around, we can list him anywhere on depth chart, but we have to move him around

MM: pass rush, we lost a lot with loss of Peppers and Jones, have to look at guys up front. Fackrell and Elliott need to step up

MM: Perry just needs to have another healthy, solid offseason. Elliott will play on defense as much as he earns it, if takes big step

MM: availability will be Ty Montgomery's number 1 statistic

MM: I view RB's as guys who play all 3 downs, ruins your flow if they don't

MM: We look at all players, have great respect for Adrian Peterson, but don't comment on possible personnel. But we'll have more RB's

MM: Don't know when they'll get here, but we will have more RB's than we have now

MM: LT, QB two primary positions in game, but I think TE is pushing the envelope to get in there, middle of field is important

#Packers offseason program begins April 18th. MM told us yesterday some new things for team, and for Aaron Rodgers

MM: oline coaches don't come better than Campen, that position takes a little longer to develop, so push them as rookies and young players

MM: last year, oline room was best we've ever had, no b-s, guys had fun working together. confident new RG will prosper because of that

MM: Kenny Clark was playing as well as anybody near end of season, cut it loose last 6-8 games. Confident he and Lowry will take big steps

MM: Jean-Francois good player, played against him a lot, vet and experienced, also did good things at 5 technique besides 1&3