Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Packers Offseason Non-Draft Non-FAs

MM: always try and carry late season success into offseason program (which starts 4/18).

MM: we had a lot of leadership leave this offseason, confident guys will step up. @haha_cd6 will come flying through the doors and be ready

MM: @MartysaurusRex could be best TE in league, my job to put him in position to succeed

MM: Cook played very well for us, give him ton of credit for coming back, he almost went on IR

MM: Bennettt wanted to be in GB, and it happened fast

MM: olines struggle early in season is direct reflection of rules that prohibit contact and limit offseason work
    Last edited by pbmax; 03-29-2017 at 10:08 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

If anyone was wishing for an Adrian Peterson signing (not me) don't get your hopes up:

MM: I view RB's as guys who play all 3 downs, ruins your flow if they don't
    I am better looking than you.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    M3 sit down interview at League Meetings

Chris Roth‏ @rothchris 24m24 minutes ago
    MM says Browns got an excellent center in @JCTretter

MM: Clay needs to be moved around, we can list him anywhere on depth chart, but we have to move him around

MM: pass rush, we lost a lot with loss of Peppers and Jones, have to look at guys up front. Fackrell and Elliott need to step up

MM: Perry just needs to have another healthy, solid offseason. Elliott will play on defense as much as he earns it, if takes big step

MM: availability will be Ty Montgomery's number 1 statistic

MM: We look at all players, have great respect for Adrian Peterson, but don't comment on possible personnel. But we'll have more RB's

MM: Don't know when they'll get here, but we will have more RB's than we have now

MM: LT, QB two primary positions in game, but I think TE is pushing the envelope to get in there, middle of field is important

#Packers offseason program begins April 18th. MM told us yesterday some new things for team, and for Aaron Rodgers

MM: oline coaches don't come better than Campen, that position takes a little longer to develop, so push them as rookies and young players

MM: last year, oline room was best we've ever had, no b-s, guys had fun working together. confident new RG will prosper because of that

MM: Kenny Clark was playing as well as anybody near end of season, cut it loose last 6-8 games. Confident he and Lowry will take big steps

MM: Jean-Francois good player, played against him a lot, vet and experienced, also did good things at 5 technique besides 1&3
    Sitton insight?
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Sitton insight?
    Certainly could be read that way.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by arcilite View Post
    If anyone was wishing for an Adrian Peterson signing (not me) don't get your hopes up:

good catch. yup...ad is NOT a 3 down guy...in this offense anyway.

Didn't the Vikings site Peterson on third downs if they were passing?

Remember him coming out a lot.

Me too and this is why I didn't think we'd be interested.

Doesn't matter. He's done. There is no buzz. He is free, on the open market with no strings attached, and yet, no news.

Maybe he can go to Oakland and try to prop up interest for a year or two until they scoot to Vegas.

Unless skittles guy (much better at this point) decides to give it one last shot.

Players Injuries for the League: Adjusted Games Lost 2917

Football Outsiders

For those unfamiliar with AGL, we do not simply add up the number of games missed. We are able to quantify how much teams were affected by injuries based on two principles: (1) Injuries to starters, injury replacements and important situational reserves (No. 3 wide receiver, nickel corner, etc.) matter more than injuries to benchwarmers; and (2) Injured players who do take the field are usually playing with reduced ability, which is why AGL is based not strictly on whether the player was active for the game or not, but instead is based on the player's game status that week (IR/PUP, out, doubtful, questionable, or probable).

Packers were dead solid average in 2016, though it was not as good a year as 2015.

Code:
    Team	2016AGL	Rk	2015AGL	Rk
    LARM	29.0	1	80.3	24
    TEN	32.0	2	65.2	18
    CIN	35.1	3	28.2	1
    PHI	38.4	4	52.0	6
    SEA	41.1	5	40.1	3
    ATL	52.2	6	28.8	2
    NYG	52.4	7	138.7	32
    NE	54.5	8	93.3	29
    CAR	56.5	9	50.9	4
    DEN	60.2	10	56.7	10
    BAL	60.3	11	96.1	30
    PIT	61.8	12	67.1	19
    OAK	65.0	13	57.6	11
    DET	69.5	14	76.7	23
    GB	70.5	15	56.2	9
    DAL	70.6	16	51.7	5

Team	2016AGL	Rk	2015AGL	Rk
    JAC	72.5	17	68.9	20
    TB	77.5	18	75.0	22
    ARI	77.8	19	62.5	14
    IND	78.4	20	65.1	17
    NO	81.3	21	56.1	8
    HOU	91.7	22	64.8	16
    CLE	96.4	23	70.7	21
    SF	97.5	24	83.9	27
    BUF	97.8	25	80.5	25
    MIA	99.1	26	63.4	15
    KC	99.3	27	54.9	7
    WAS	101.5	28	119.1	31
    NYJ	110.5	29	61.8	13
    MIN	120.6	30	59.0	12
    SD	127.8	31	81.5	26
    CHI	155.1	32	92.8	28

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    good catch. yup...ad is NOT a 3 down guy...in this offense anyway.
    Montgomery sure as hell isn't a 3 down back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Montgomery sure as hell isn't a 3 down back.
    Why not? I'm not saying for sure he is. I think it's too early to tell. Just wondering why you're so sure he isn't.

I'm saying for sure he is. He's a speed back - comparatively. He has the size and displayed the power last year. And certainly he doesn't need to come out in 3rd down/passing situations.

Barring injuries - which is always a major factor - he's a golden example of a 3 down back. Combine that with Christine Michael for a speedier change of pace and Ripkowski as either a RB or FB to provide power as a change of pace, and we are in decent shape.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I'm saying for sure he is. He's a speed back - comparatively. He has the size and displayed the power last year. And certainly he doesn't need to come out in 3rd down/passing situations.

Barring injuries - which is always a major factor - he's a golden example of a 3 down back. Combine that with Christine Michael for a speedier change of pace and Ripkowski as either a RB or FB to provide power as a change of pace, and we are in decent shape.
    No way he handles the pounding of a regular back. I have said it before and I will again. Even as little as stubby runs the ball. Monty can not handle the pounding of the feature back. If they go that route he will NOT go more than 6 games without missing time. I am aware of his physical stats, so please don't offer them as a counter. I just don't think he's up to it.

He went more than six games this year and missed only marginal time when someone landed on his ankle.

So you are saying he will be more vulnerable next year?

He went more than six games this year and missed only marginal time when someone landed on his ankle.

So you are saying he will be more vulnerable next year?
    He will definitely be more vulnerable running behind a weaker line. But that's only part of it imo.

Montgomery is not some little runt. Also, he has the advantage of low mileage - not having run and been hit nearly as many times as a lot of RBs even at his fairly young age.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    He will definitely be more vulnerable running behind a weaker line. But that's only part of it imo.
    Why? Because his uni number is all wrong?

Packers recent injury history. Seems like Sports Scienceā„¢ is working. Data from Football Outsiders.

Code:
    Packers Adjusted Games Lost

Year	AGL	NFL Rank
    2016	70.5	15
    2015	56.2	9
    2014	41.8	3
    2013	104.5	30
    2012	108.1	32

No soup for you!

Ryan Wood‏ @ByRyanWood

#Packers released CB Makinton Dorleant (failed physical). He was arrested in March, cited with interference for incident outside Iowa bar.

AJ Hawk retiring as a Packer.

Green Bay Packers‏ @packers 17m17 minutes ago
    @OfficialAJHawk was drafted No. 5 overall in 2006.

Today, he retires with the #Packers.

Congrats, A.J.! ��: http://pckrs.com/trjd