Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Packers Offseason Non-Draft Non-FAs

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jason Wilde‏Verified account @jasonjwilde 9m9 minutes ago
    Draft pick jersey numbers via #Packers:

20 King
    27 J.Jones
    90 Adams
    45 Biegel
    30 Williams
    16 Yancey
    33 A. Jones
    79 Amichia
    41 Mays
    19 Dupre
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Michael Cohen‏ @Michael_Cohen13 15m15 minutes ago
    #Packers released RB Don Jackson this morning. Source close to the situation said Jackson expected the news after Packers drafted 3 RBs.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    No soup for you!

Ryan Wood‏ @ByRyanWood

#Packers released CB Makinton Dorleant (failed physical). He was arrested in March, cited with interference for incident outside Iowa bar.
    Isn't this the UDFA that the Pack reactivated from IR, only to see him go right back on it? I thought he must've shown promise for them to use that designation, but maybe it was as I suspected, they were just grasping at straws.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    He's the one!
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Now Christine Michael is gone. Are they taking a chance casting their lot with Monty and three rookies, or do you think there's a chance of bringing in someone like Legarrette Blount on a one year deal as an insurance?

https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/playe...ain-by-packers
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Damn!
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Now Christine Michael is gone. Are they taking a chance casting their lot with Monty and three rookies, or do you think there's a chance of bringing in someone like Legarrette Blount on a one year deal as an insurance?

https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/playe...ain-by-packers
    I think Michael and Jackson were no better than the incoming rookies. Jackson for sure, Michael's ceiling was already reached. His vision (lack thereof) frustrated me to no end. Some people are projecting our first RB to have the best vision in the draft. What Michael was making was too much for a #3 RB. So...gone.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Blog Entries
    Michael has been cut by multiple teams. He's fast, but his vision is below average and he's a knucklehead. He's nothing more than a spare tire until you get better ones
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Football Perspective‏ @fbgchase 2h2 hours ago
    Weird, but true: Joe Philbin is the only coordinator in Packers history to become a head coach after leaving Green Bay.

He missed one, but other wise is correct. Can you name the non-coordinators who became head coaches after GB? Can you name the one he missed?

Weird, but true: Joe Philbin is the only coordinator in Packers history to become a head coach after leaving Green Bay.

He missed one, but other wise is correct. Can you name the non-coordinators who became head coaches after GB? Can you name the one he missed?
    NFL head coach only? Sherman went on to coach Texas A&M. Jags coached in the NCAA as well.

NFL, NFL...AHA! Does McAdoo count? Not a co-ordinator, but he was the QB coach in GB!
    --

Coordinator would be Ray Rhodes. Non-coordinators would be McAdoo as Guiness noted. Two more that immediately come to mind are Dick Jauron & Mike McCarthy

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Coordinator would be Ray Rhodes. Non-coordinators would be McAdoo as Guiness noted. Two more that immediately come to mind are Dick Jauron & Mike McCarthy
    Damn, Rhodes. Forgot about him...who didn't want to. Easily one of Wolf's biggest mistakes.
    --

Emmitt Thomas, interim HC in Atlanta, former DC in Green Bay.

Hank Bullough was HC in Buffalo after being DC in Green Bay.
    Last edited by Patler; 06-25-2017 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Emmitt Thomas, interim HC in Atlanta, former DC in Green Bay.

Hank Bullough was HC in Buffalo after being DC in Green Bay.
    I thought I made it clear above that '99 was best left unmentioned?

And nice job picking out an old Bills coach not names Levy!
    --

Non-coordinators --> NFL coaches: Mariucci, Reid, Gruden, Morninghweg (sp?)

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Yep, and that is just the Holmgren years.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    It seems like most of Lombardi's assistants became HCs. Fears, Austin, Hecker, Burns; maybe others I'm not remembering right now. Not bad for having only a handful of assistants at that time.

Phil Bengtson was interim HC in New England after being DC in GB.

Green Bay assistant coaches who became HCs, how have we so far forgotten Tom Coughlin? Dick LeBeau, too, one year HC in Buffalo.