Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Packers Offseason Non-Draft Non-FAs

No links, just saw reference to this on Twitter. But Greg Jennings recently declared the problem in Green Bay was Mike McCarthy.

Didn't he just last year declare the problem was the WR that Rodgers wasn't as good as we thought and he no longer had WRs who could carry him?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    No links, just saw reference to this on Twitter. But Greg Jennings recently declared the problem in Green Bay was Mike McCarthy.

Didn't he just last year declare the problem was the WR that Rodgers wasn't as good as we thought and he no longer had WRs who could carry him?
    Plenty of links now. http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...119uez841ixsuj

Blog Entries

YUP.........but it isn't MM; he just plays the odds like every other NFL Coach except Hoody Genius who generally tried to break you
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

When he was with the Pack I would never have figured Jennings for a back-stabbing turd.

The Titletown District now has its own logo. And its boring.

They should hire Skinbasket to redesign the logo. He could do something more interesting with those uprights.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    When he was with the Pack I would never have figured Jennings for a back-stabbing turd.
    Nor I. Seems he didn't appreciate the Packers not offering a big contract following his injury-filled 2012 season.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    They should hire Skinbasket to redesign the logo. He could do something more interesting with those uprights.
    don't encourage him. Of course, we don't know that he didn't submit a sample. The boring choice may have been overcompensation.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

It seemed likelier after his sister piped up during his last season.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Nor I. Seems he didn't appreciate the Packers not offering a big contract following his injury-filled 2012 season.
    It seemed likelier after his sister piped up during his last season.
    Yeah, he seems capable of holding a grudge for quite a while. Maybe he too carries a certain chip on his shoulder? JSO should investigate.

I thought I remembered him trying to make amends for the sister thing, at least half-heartedly trying. But he's retired now, why should anyone care what he thinks about the Packers and McCarthy? I guess that is how the mediasphere (in which pro players are inevitably included) works: if you've retired and miss the attention you have to find something to say that will cause people to stop and take notice.

if you've retired and miss the attention you have to find something to say that will cause people to stop and take notice.
    the danger is spouting enough of it that you become too toxic for TV. Then you end up making "Judge Jennings" writing "Jennings Attack" or producing a Youtube channel and talking about G.R.E.G. (Gout Removal & Exclusion Grants) initiatives.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

A tweet and an interview per year are two grains of sand in the desert. He might have sunken in the eyes of die-hard GBP fans whose radar screens snatch any and everything ever said about the Packers, but for the rest of the football world what he said about Rodgers and leadership is long forgotten. The statement about McCarthy will have a similar shelf life, or it has already been washed away from collective consciousness by the surprising news that Gisele and Tom finally got admitted into their hoity toity neighborhood country club (who would've thunk it!?!).

Gout removal??? If you have something about grout removal or gout extraction I might be interested.

Gout removal??? If you have something about grout removal or gout extraction I might be interested.
    It's just about grants. Urine the money. (Plus it's made up. I was mapping Warren Sapp activities onto Jennings...)

we've all said mm gets conservative with a lead, doesn't go for the jugular. that's all he said. no biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    we've all said mm gets conservative with a lead, doesn't go for the jugular. that's all he said. no biggie.
    No, that's not all he said, he said that McCarthy's supposed conservativism is the difference between Green Bay and New England, the difference in comparison to which every other difference is a difference without distinction. But is that really true? Which of the Packer playoff losses can be fairly attributed to McCarthy "not going for the jugular" when ahead? I can think of one example in which it could be argued that conservatism could be argued as the contributing factor to a loss. But there's a lot more to the story, don't you think? For one, there is the fact that the vast majority of playoff losses (six to be exact) did not happen because McCarthy took his foot off the gas--the Packers didn't even have 4th quarter leads in most if not all of them. But there's another piece too. I remember after the 2010-11 SB win Jennings was bemoaning what seemed like the offense's inability to seal the deal. He was speaking most immediately about the last 4th-quarter drive where GB had a chance to finish Pittsburgh off with a TD after they drove deep into Pitts territory but had to settle for three. But the wins at Philly and Chicago were also closer than they had to be. My question is, was it McCarthy's fault that the wins were a little too close for comfort because he took his foot off the gas? Or was it the offense's fault (failure to execute)? Or should we recognize, as the poster named Vince would say, that McCarthy's "conservative" strategy was actually successful in those games? The idea that McCarthy gets too conservative with the lead is based primarily on one disastrous playoff loss that does not guarantee its general validity.

No, that's not all he said, he said that McCarthy's supposed conservativism is the difference between Green Bay and New England, the difference in comparison to which every other difference is a difference without distinction.
    That's awesome. Can I use this for an example in philosophy class? I'm sure that's what was running through Jenning's mind as he formulated his argument

As long as you turn it around (distinction without difference) I suppose that will be ok.

Do you think they know they have pictured Tretter?

Rob Demovsky‏ @RobDemovsky 21h21 hours ago
    The Packers will have a new director of player development after Rob Davis has left the organization, Packers... http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=2...916806379877-4

"We're in the search," Murphy said. "We hated to lose Rob, but [it is] a special opportunity for him." Davis' next venture has not been announced.
    Ideal candidate: Greg Jennings. He seems to need something to do.

Rob Demovsky‏ @RobDemovsky 21h21 hours ago
    The Packers will have a new director of player development after Rob Davis has left the organization, Packers...
    That's a central position in the org. Don't want to take too long to fill it, but don't want to make snap decision either. Goode luck!