Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: JS-----IS LACY WORTH THE WEIGHT ???

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Rich Eisen in a suit ran a 5.94 at the combine last year.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    at almost 50 years old and a guy that doesn't look like he works out much, and in a suit like you said

plus, it never looks like the guy has ever run before when he does that, it looks so un-natural

This has a lot more credibility than the outlandish claims of some in here. The article says he was challenged by Terrell Davis, so I assume it was tested by somebody that knew what they were doing and was well documented. It also shows that the 5.94 was his best time at age 47. He had been doing this for ten years with times as bad as 6.77 at age 37.

Doing the math, 40 yards/120 feet. A 4.5 time is about 27 feet per second. That means 2.7 feet per tenth of a second. So you guys claiming you could do 4.5 or so 40s, you're saying you could stay within 3 or 4 feet for 40 yards of the fastest NFL players?
    Last edited by texaspackerbacker; 02-19-2017 at 09:10 AM.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    This has a lot more credibility than the outlandish claims of some in here. The article says he was challenged by Terrell Davis, so I assume it was tested by somebody that knew what they were doing and was well documented. It also shows that the 5.94 was his best time at age 47. He had been doing this for ten years with times as bad as 6.77 at age 37.

Doing the math, 40 yards/120 feet. A 4.5 time is about 27 feet per second. That means 2.7 feet per tenth of a second. So you guys claiming you could do 4.5 or so 40s, you're saying you could stay within 3 or 4 feet for 40 yards of the fastest NFL players?
    He is running in a suit with dress shoes on.

I am going to bet that wing tips are good for -1 second.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Assuming in sneakers at least, all though I am mildly impressed. I sometimes get stuck doing 3 flights of stairs in a suit and it blows.

As to tex point I would agree if i remember it right. I would say less than 1% of the population could run a 4.50 at their peak.

Now saying Raji and Gilby could outrun most is a stretch, but a Tony Mandrich...probably.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post

Not the way it works. 40 is about acceleration as Red says. The last 5-10 yards are MUCH faster than the first 5-10. I was an acceleration guy as well. During indoor track I ran the 60 (only 2 meets each year I recall), but outdoor 4 guys beat me in the 100.

I encourage everyone to go out and run the 40 right now. Post your times. I'm running mine in suit though, no way Eisen is gonna one up me dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I encourage everyone to go out and run the 40 right now. Post your times. I'm running mine in suit though, no way Eisen is gonna one up me dammit.
    Not with my hamstrings. Unless you want to see a good imitation of a felled deer.

I would like to start a Go Fund Me to send Tex to the Carnegie Science Center in Pittsburgh. They have a new, way-cool sports annex where you can, among many other things, run a virtual race against an Olympic sprinter for about the first 20 yards. (Not clear if the sprinter you're racing against is a slow starter like Usain Bolt or a fast starter, slow closer like most of the rest of them). Tex will be surprised to see how close the average healthy person is to an Olympic pace for the first 20. A few tenths of a second, give or take, isn't out of the question.

not a chance, i can't imagine how many muscles i'd pull or hips i'd break trying to do that.

as for general population, i think tex said most on here couldn't run under a 5.5 in the prime, not 4.5, i think a decent % could run a 5.5 in their prime if you ever played sports or had a clue how to run without falling down

This thread blows.

I doubt I could run for 40 yards!!

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    My problem is short legs and running in a straight line never did me many favors. The fastest I was ever clocked in the forty was 4.8 and that was in college at 225 pounds. We didn't do much clocking forties at my high school. My junior year at the Badger camp I ran a 4.9, but to be fair to myself everyone was running really slow times. I never ran slower than a 5.6 and that was in 7th grade.

I always liked to think my game film was much faster than any timed run I could muster.

I'll film it so you can see what middle aged pain and shame looks like forever. I predict 1 knee giving about 25 in.

Eddy says the packers are very vocal about wanting him back to his agent

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    I'm not surprised since we have nothing else (no slight to Montgomery).

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...king/98517420/

From Lacy’s interview with Adam Schefter:

“Talking to my agent, the Packers have been very vocal about having me back there. I’m trying not to think about all of that right now. I’m just trying to make sure whether I end up in Green Bay or somewhere, I’m in the best shape or I’m in the best position I can be in personally, so when it’s time for me to contribute to whatever team that it is that they’re getting 100 percent of me.”

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    I've got nothing against bringing back Lacy - for back up RB pay, and then using him as a back up. I'll take Montgomery and even Michael over him any day, though. I know some people don't think highly of Michael, but I do.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?