Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: JS-----IS LACY WORTH THE WEIGHT ???

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Not necessarily. He's known to struggle with his weight, and he's coming off a season ending injury. It's understandable teams would be hesitant to give him big money until they know something about his conditioning and his ankle.
    2 million is what teams throw at players with issues with hardly any talent at all

lacy has plenty of talent, someone will pay him if not us

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    2 million is what teams throw at players with issues with hardly any talent at all

lacy has plenty of talent, someone will pay him if not us
    Not RBs. Of all the positions in the game it might be the most "young mans position" of them all. With guys like Latavius Murry up for FA this year Eddie might find it hard to get anyone to pay him a lot.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

2 million is solid backup territory. But we're talking about 2 million plus incentives. When talking about incentives, details matter. But if the incentives are significant and attainable, Lacy might go for a deal like that.

Keep in mind, NFL teams have always had their concerns about Lacy. There are reasons why a guy who had obvious 1st round talent was available at the end of the 2nd round.

does it win lacy any brownie points that he played that week 6 game on an already messed up ankle that fat mike called "not a serious injury"

does it win lacy any brownie points that he played that week 6 game on an already messed up ankle that fat mike called "not a serious injury"
    Probably, but it might be offset by the fact that the Packers and other teams don't know how bad the ankle is. Will teams want to offer big money to a RB with a bad ankle? Keep in mind that there could be a correlation between his weight and the bad ankle.
    Last edited by Joemailman; 02-12-2017 at 12:56 PM.

Nobody, certainly not I, would accuse Lacy of lacking courage. And whatever his ankle problem was/is, it shouldn't carry into next season. My gripe about him is just the kind of back he is in general. If somebody doesn't have the power running ability of Jim Brown or Earl Campbell - and virtually nobody does, including Lacy, then the team is better off with a RB with more speed and cutting ability.

As for "correlation between his weight and the bad ankle", if that's the case, then why don't just about every O Linemen and a lot of D Linemen have chronic ankle problems? There are a helluva lot of fatties in football and out with no problem that way - I say that as one of them hahahaha.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

are those fatties sprinting, spinning and jumping like lacy does

and yes, actually most of them do have knee and ankle problems i believe

the 245-255 lacy is exactly the kinda of back we need in green bay, a mudder that can get 4 to 5 yards every carry. fast quick backs get nerfed late in the season when the weather gets cold and shitty

the big question is, can he ever get back and stay at that weight, cause it doesn't work being as big as he's been the last couple years. you would think he works out enough during the season, so he's got to change his diet or start doing what i did, switch from beer to rum and diet coke

the 245-255 lacy is exactly the kinda of back we need in green bay, a mudder that can get 4 to 5 yards every carry. fast quick backs get nerfed late in the season when the weather gets cold and shitty

the big question is, can he ever get back and stay at that weight, cause it doesn't work being as big as he's been the last couple years. you would think he works out enough during the season, so he's got to change his diet or start doing what i did, switch from beer to rum and diet coke
    I think Lacy's weight problems happen when he goes back home. It seemed he put the weight back on last year between the OTA's and training camp. Maybe he should live with Rodgers and eat that California stuff instead of going back to New Orleans for his mom's crawfish.

maybe so, he did come to training camp with a gut, that i kept telling everyone, only to be told i was wrong because the homer news kept saying he was super slim, but he gained a lot between the start of camp and the time he got injured

and if he really had lost all the weight that some folks are saying he did, i doubt fat mike would have fined him, even if he had just gotten close to the target weight

and do you think crawdads are really all that fattening?

man you have to work so hard just to get a little bit of meat. i would imagine you'd lose more calories then you would gain by eating them

and do you think crawdads are really all that fattening?

man you have to work so hard just to get a little bit of meat. i would imagine you'd lose more calories then you would gain by eating them
    Squeeze the tail and suck the head......hardly any work.

The argument about running in GB late in the season has to have been debunked by now. When we the last muddy game the Packers played? Monty got 180 in December in Chicago. The old adage of late season plodding RBs has been replaced by 300 yard passing days in January.

Quote Originally Posted by alquaal View Post
    Squeeze the tail and suck the head......hardly any work.
    /r/nocontext calling

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think Lacy's weight problems happen when he goes back home. It seemed he put the weight back on last year between the OTA's and training camp. Maybe he should live with Rodgers and eat that California stuff instead of going back to New Orleans for his mom's crawfish.
    He doesn't need calf problems.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    The argument about running in GB late in the season has to have been debunked by now. When we the last muddy game the Packers played? Monty got 180 in December in Chicago. The old adage of late season plodding RBs has been replaced by 300 yard passing days in January.
    But Saint Ron said this, so it must be true.

Even if he never really adhered to it. Unless you want to count mudder Edgar Bennett.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The days of big clods who can't move are long gone. A slow O Lineman has a maybe 5.0-5.5 time in the 40. Try running that. Neither I nor, I suspect, almost anybody posting here could do that at the primest time of their life. I didn't watch much of the Senior Bowl practices, but one thing I did see was some running drills of the linemen, and believe me, some of those fatties were really hauling ass.

And emphatically NO, what the Packers need is NOT "a mudder that can get 4 to 5 yards every carry". Partly that is because our O Line just doesn't make it possible; Partly it is because so many games are played on artificial turf or fast fields in warm climates; Mostly it is because we have Aaron Rodgers, which means our passing game should dominate and our running game should mostly consist of surprises/change of pace plays/etc. mixed in.

And diet, nutrition, and crap like that are greatly overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    The days of big clods who can't move are long gone. A slow O Lineman has a maybe 5.0-5.5 time in the 40. Try running that. Neither I nor, I suspect, almost anybody posting here could do that at the primest time of their life. I didn't watch much of the Senior Bowl practices, but one thing I did see was some running drills of the linemen, and believe me, some of those fatties were really hauling ass.

And emphatically NO, what the Packers need is NOT "a mudder that can get 4 to 5 yards every carry". Partly that is because our O Line just doesn't make it possible; Partly it is because so many games are played on artificial turf or fast fields in warm climates; Mostly it is because we have Aaron Rodgers, which means our passing game should dominate and our running game should mostly consist of surprises/change of pace plays/etc. mixed in.

4.3, in the primest of my life

hahahaha I did say "almost".

4.3, in the primest of my life
    I confess, I have a hard time imagining you as a WR or DB.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post

Holy Smokes. You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.