Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: JS-----IS LACY WORTH THE WEIGHT ???

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    4.3, in the primest of my life
    With your mom holding the stopwatch maybe.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

When I got to college everyone I knew ran a 4.4 or a 4.3 in high school. I ran a 4.58 timed in madtown by Don Morton's staff. Of all the kids claiming a 4.4 or a 4.3 (and one 4.2) only one person ever beat me in paced off 40. He beat me by about 2 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    With your mom holding the stopwatch maybe.
    lol, no

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Holy Smokes. You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.
    You mean you, of all people actually buy into the crap put out by the damn "nutrition Nazis"? The closest thing I've had to vegetables in 30 or 40 years is French fries. I double down on greasy salty food and processed meat. I load up on ice cream, cookies, donuts, etc. and you won't find a healthier 70 year old (in 2 months) than I am.

The shit about eating what "they" say is good for you is just designed to make life miserable for Good Normal people. Eat what makes you happy, and you'll be happier and healthier.

And I call bullshit on your 40 time, Bobblehead. They didn't time to the hundredth of a second back when Morton was at U.W. - I'm not sure they even used 40 times.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    We can all agree that Tex is a psycho. So don't listen to any of his nonsense.

Anyways, whatever the reason for Lacy being a fat ass the bottom line is he is a fat ass that struggles to maintain a healthy build for professional football.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post

Anyways, whatever the reason for Lacy being a fat ass the bottom line is he is a fat ass that struggles to maintain a healthy build for professional football.
    True that. Lacy really isn't worth it as a #1 RB anymore, that much is obvious. Can he be an effective #2 with 8-10 carries/game? Not for more than 2-3 mil/yr, IMO, plus you'd have to absolutely carry a 3rd RB, which would likely be a rookie. He just seems to get hurt so damn much. I'm of the opinion to just cut bait with him though. I think he's eaten through his chances.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post

Nutz, you imbecile, your name describes you. Your kind is out of touch and out of tune with the huge majority in this country.

Nevertheless, it's undoubtedly true that Lacy has a weight problem. There have been players like that before, and there will be plenty of others who have successful NFL careers. It seems like Gilbert Brown had something profound to say on that subject. I'll give you the idea that pro athletes need to be a little more careful about quantity and to a lesser extent, quality than regular people. In general, though, nutrition crap is just that: crap.

And Craig, I pretty much agree with what you side too. We're better off without Lacy.

Gilbert Brown ate himself out of the league and as a nose tackle that is a hard thing to do. Lacy is a running back that extra weight does not have an added benefit, but you are right I am the imbecile. Find a better comparison.

Also I am not arguing with you that the basis of our nutrition is given to us by the corn, wheat, and sugar industries along with GMO grown crops, but I will refuse to take your personal journey as truth for America.

Tex is hillbilly Partial. I wonder if he posts on any weightlifting forums?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    You mean you, of all people actually buy into the crap put out by the damn "nutrition Nazis"? The closest thing I've had to vegetables in 30 or 40 years is French fries. I double down on greasy salty food and processed meat. I load up on ice cream, cookies, donuts, etc. and you won't find a healthier 70 year old (in 2 months) than I am.

The shit about eating what "they" say is good for you is just designed to make life miserable for Good Normal people. Eat what makes you happy, and you'll be happier and healthier.

And I call bullshit on your 40 time, Bobblehead. They didn't time to the hundredth of a second back when Morton was at U.W. - I'm not sure they even used 40 times.
    You realize Morton was there in 1989 right? They absolutely timed to the 100th, but it was all handheld back then.

And I realize your scientific study of what you, one man eats, trumps mountains of data put together regarding nutrition over the past 1000 years, but seriously?

https://www.drlife.com/meet-dr-life/

This guy is 77 and a nutrition and hormone fanatic and expert. Are you more healthy than him?

OK Bobblehead, I'll yield to your speed and athleticism hahahahaha. I know the NFL - and presumably colleges too - didn't go to lasers until after Morton was gone, but I Googled stop watches, and to my surprise, they do make them good to hundredths. I know I never saw one like that. I also tried to establish when 40 times even began to be a thing. I couldn't get any specific time, but there doesn't seem to be much mention of it before the late '90s. I sure don't recall it even being talked about back then, and if it was, it was in tenths, not hundredths of a second - but whatever.

Your 77 year old man crush is a "hormone fanatic"? What does that even mean? It doesn't sound very healthy. Maybe Lacy should get on whatever he's on hahahaha. I will say, I'm pretty sure I'm about as healthy and a whole lot happier - eating whatever I damn well please, and THAT is the key to a long healthy life. If I suddenly stop posting before 30 years from now when I reach 100, I guess you guys can have the satisfaction of claiming I was wrong - assuming ya'all live that long hahahahaha.

I almost forgot, it was a torn biceps muscle that ended Gilbert Brown's career, not gravy, etc.
    Last edited by texaspackerbacker; 02-14-2017 at 06:42 PM.

I agree with the idea that HS times are probably bogus, but some of their examples are probably explainable through other circumstances.

You get a O lineman out of HS he might be 240-260. If he's at the combine, he is at least 280 if not more. I could see losing half a second.

The skill position guys would still need to be adjusted for injuries.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

OK Bobblehead, I'll yield to your speed and athleticism hahahahaha. I know the NFL - and presumably colleges too - didn't go to lasers until after Morton was gone, but I Googled stop watches, and to my surprise, they do make them good to hundredths. I know I never saw one like that. I also tried to establish when 40 times even began to be a thing. I couldn't get any specific time, but there doesn't seem to be much mention of it before the late '90s. I sure don't recall it even being talked about back then, and if it was, it was in tenths, not hundredths of a second - but whatever.

Your 77 year old man crush is a "hormone fanatic"? What does that even mean? It doesn't sound very healthy. Maybe Lacy should get on whatever he's on hahahaha. I will say, I'm pretty sure I'm about as healthy and a whole lot happier - eating whatever I damn well please, and THAT is the key to a long healthy life. If I suddenly stop posting before 30 years from now when I reach 100, I guess you guys can have the satisfaction of claiming I was wrong - assuming ya'all live that long hahahahaha.

I almost forgot, it was a torn biceps muscle that ended Gilbert Brown's career, not gravy, etc.
    40 times were a thing for sure in the very early 90's, at least

LOL. Funny ass shit in here. Personal 40 times? LOL Where is the shutdown corner? Ha!

I still think Lacy has the talent if he can just discipline himself and sacrifice a bit for his career. If he is healthy and committed give him some money...if he heals up fine but is fat and lazy let him go.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Tex is hillbilly Partial. I wonder if he posts on any weightlifting forums?
    I think Tex is more of a health and nutrition forum kind of fella. Shredding fools with medical degrees with his experience and logic!

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I agree with the idea that HS times are probably bogus, but some of their examples are probably explainable through other circumstances.

You get a O lineman out of HS he might be 240-260. If he's at the combine, he is at least 280 if not more. I could see losing half a second.

The skill position guys would still need to be adjusted for injuries.
    They have combines for high school kids. Each state probably has 3 or 4 different regional combines. In Southeastern Wisconsin we have one that gets about 500 kids. I would think times would be on the up and up. No longer is it just a high school coach with a stop watch giving benefits to his players.

You are so fucking stupid. Gilbert was cut by the Packers in the prime years of his career because he was too fat. The Packers did not renew his contract for the 2000 season and no other team picked him up. He had to go back to Kansas to get his fat ass back in shape. He then came back in relatively good shape and it was a pleasant surprise in camp in 2001. In 2003 he tore a bicep and ended up playing most of the year with one arm. When you are partially famous because Burger King gives you a sponsorship and names a burger after you, it is a good sign you might have a weight problem.

hahahaha You got something against Burger King? What are ya, a damn vegan?

As I recall, asking for too much money also had a lot to do with not getting his contract renewed. He played pretty well with that massive gut, but not quite good enough for the money he wanted. I read also that he ballooned way up after that, and had to go to some fat farm with a personal trainer. He then came back at about 340 - about the same as he was before it all.

As a matter of fact, Nutz, I have posted on a couple of health forums as well as commented on a lot of articles - saying pretty much what I've said here. Not surprisingly - to me at least - a lot of people seem to disagree with the shit those "experts" put out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    True that. Lacy really isn't worth it as a #1 RB anymore, that much is obvious. Can he be an effective #2 with 8-10 carries/game? Not for more than 2-3 mil/yr, IMO, plus you'd have to absolutely carry a 3rd RB, which would likely be a rookie. He just seems to get hurt so damn much. I'm of the opinion to just cut bait with him though. I think he's eaten through his chances.
    Yeah, who in the hell needs a RB who averages 5.1 yards a pop like Eddie did last season before he reinjuried his ankle?