Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: JS-----IS LACY WORTH THE WEIGHT ???

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Pugger, I agree! The question is Lacy going to be in the same condition as he was at the beginning of 2016. After the ankle has been rehabilitated can he find the motivation to sculpt his body back into a professional football player?

I made my own mayonnaise yesterday. I would be happy to share it with Lacy, because it's pretty bad.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Black people hate mayonnaise

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    They have combines for high school kids. Each state probably has 3 or 4 different regional combines. In Southeastern Wisconsin we have one that gets about 500 kids. I would think times would be on the up and up. No longer is it just a high school coach with a stop watch giving benefits to his players.
    I had no idea. And its not just a camp run by the local college?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Yeah, who in the hell needs a RB who averages 5.1 yards a pop like Eddie did last season before he reinjuried his ankle?
    Exactly.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Black people hate mayonnaise

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I had no idea. And its not just a camp run by the local college?
    nope, no colleges

nope, no colleges
    So who runs it? HS coaches? Is it to give kids a chance to get scholarships to college?

Or more skills improvement camp?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Yeah, who in the hell needs a RB who averages 5.1 yards a pop like Eddie did last season before he reinjuried his ankle?
    Yeah, who needs a RB that can't stay healthy and has a chronic weight problem?
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Yeah, who needs a RB that can't stay healthy and has a chronic weight problem?
    Whoever the back is he will have to be a self motivated gym rat to stay in shape. He certainly isn't going to get whipped into a physical beast by the amount of carries stubby doles out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Whoever the back is he will have to be a self motivated gym rat to stay in shape. He certainly isn't going to get whipped into a physical beast by the amount of carries stubby doles out.
    Packers were 29th this year in rushing attempts, but that was due to the injury situation at RB. They were 14th in 2015 and 13th in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    So who runs it? HS coaches? Is it to give kids a chance to get scholarships to college?

Or more skills improvement camp?
    The Wisconsin Football Coaches Association runs it.
    http://www.wifca.org/combine

The Wisconsin Football Coaches Association runs it.
    http://www.wifca.org/combine
    OK, its for college coaches looking for players:
    We will test on the following: 40, Pro Agility, L- drill, vertical broad jump, and bench press. You will get two (2) attempts at each test. Every player will get a verified height and weight figure as well.

Also, after testing is completed, Class of 2018 and 2019 quarterbacks and receivers are invited to participate in on-field passing drills in front of college coaches.

Results will be posted on Wifca.org and WisSports.net, and provided to D1, D2, and D3 colleges across the Midwest. College coaches will be in attendance once again (61 attended last year from numerous states around the Midwest), including Division 1 schools (there were 10 D1 coaches there last year). To view results from last year's Combine, which featured more than 515 athletes, please click here.
    So if red's 4.3 forty was measured at this event, I would consider it more reliable than a number he got measured at his school.

it as not measured at that event, and yes it was handheld

take it at what you will, i never played, i was just a really fast little fucker

i can also tell you i was all acceleration with a lower top end speed

i will come clean, my last official timing was when i was 15 and it was a 4.52. the 4.3 is an estimate based on where i ended up, i got much faster in my college days. when i got to college i played a lot of pickup ball with the division 1 boys, who were timed in that range. and i could beat em all.

but the 4.52 was hand timed by a very good high school coach, just like guys like deon sanders or all those guys were timed back in the bay

plus we all know from watching the combines, everyone in the room will have a different time, and they can be withing .2 seconds or so of each other

but it still goes back to the original point, tex said none of us could run a 5.5 or so in our prime. and thats not so true

i doubt i could beat a 5.5 now though, probably not a 7.5
    Last edited by red; 02-16-2017 at 12:42 PM.

I said ALMOST none - maybe you're the exception that proves the rule. I'm just saying I doubt most regular human beings in their prime could outrun let's say Gilbert Brown or B.J. Raji in their prime in the 40. I know we have (or had) a shutdown Corner who dominated Darren Charles in H.S. in here, and you, red, but most of the rest of us, I doubt it.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

i bet theres more then you think, is what i was trying to get at

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    If you're saying most regular human beings then I would most definitely have to disagree with you Tex. I know plenty of regular people that can run fast. Most high school and college sports players could outrun Gilbert and BJ. Think of HS soccer clubs, or track teams, or any number of sports. These kids grow up to be regular people. But in their prime, Big Gil and BJ prolly don't have much of a chance. Now if you're saying Gilbert and BJ are faster than most of the people in this forum, then I think I'd definitely have to agree with you. I was certainly no burner growing up. I did have pretty fast hands on the basketball court for a big man, and a pretty nice fastball while dropping a couple bombs in little league. Football was average and thats was about the extent of my athletic prime.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I said ALMOST none - maybe you're the exception that proves the rule. I'm just saying I doubt most regular human beings in their prime could outrun let's say Gilbert Brown or B.J. Raji in their prime in the 40. I know we have (or had) a shutdown Corner who dominated Darren Charles in H.S. in here, and you, red, but most of the rest of us, I doubt it.
    I'm almost 35 and I could outrun a 20 year old BJ RAJI no problem. I ran a sub 4.5 once in high school. I'd venture to say most if not all post pubescent young males can beat a 5.5 easily as long as they aren't obese or uncoordinated. 5.5 is really slow.

Yeah, for those that have never run, or never run against a clock. 5.5 isn't that hard to do at all

deion sanders says now that he's the fastest regular guy on the planet.