Thread: 2017 Franchise and Transition Tags

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
    Top pass rushers - JPP, Melvin Ingram, Chandler Jones, Kawann Short - basically off the market. So much for that.

Not quite there yet, but ...

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 51m51 minutes ago
    Giants expected to use franchise tag on Jason Pierre-Paul by Wednesday if two sides cannot reach long-term deal by then, per league sources.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 5h5 hours ago
    Other players expected to be tagged by Wednesday deadline include Kirk Cousins, Le'Veon Bell, Kawann Short, Melvin Ingram, Trumaine Johnson.

So only two pass rushers have tags applied yet (CJones and Short). If Ingram gets tagged, then Perry might be best combo OLB/DE left on board. Not only pass rush though, as there are DEs and DTs left.

The question is where does the market land? We need to know the actual tag number and someone needs to sign a deal. That way we know whether the tags are high end of market or low end this year.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

So only two pass rushers have tags applied yet (CJones and Short). If Ingram gets tagged, then Perry might be best combo OLB/DE left on board. Not only pass rush though, as there are DEs and DTs left.

The question is where does the market land? We need to know the actual tag number and someone needs to sign a deal. That way we know whether the tags are high end of market or low end this year.
    If he's the best left out there, I would think that means a $10M+ deal
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    If he's the best left out there, I would think that means a $10M+ deal
    Yeah, I would guesstimate $10.7 based on salaries now. But that doesn't include a stupid figure from someone else.

Still find it hard to believe he gets a blockbuster deal given his history. But teams will want that guaranteed number to be low, and might give him large salaries instead.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.