Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: JS-----IS LACY WORTH THE WEIGHT ???

Blog Entries

JS-----IS LACY WORTH THE WEIGHT ???

LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

"I contacted an agent who has studied the running back market because of a client hitting free agency, and he guessed that Lacy will get a deal worth about $2 million plus plenty of incentives. Maybe it will end up being more, but if it’s even near that range, that’s low risk for the Packers."]
    I've been lukewarm about signing Lacy, but if they can get him for that, do it!

if lacy is only going to get that much then he is waaaay heavier then any of us thought

Lacy always reminded me of the Colorado University mascot when he ran - and I wouldn't want to have to tackle that thing. My point is, other than endurance - and you can always give him breaks, I don't think playing at a higher weight hurts Lacy's performance.

Just the same, though, I have said, and I still say I hope they don't sign him for much more than the vet minimum. Given the same hole, Montgomery or Michael get a helluva lot more yards; And given no hole at all, Lacy has never been a Jim Brown anyway. Somebody will pay him a lot more than we should.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Lacy always reminded me of the Colorado University mascot when he ran - and I wouldn't want to have to tackle that thing. My point is, other than endurance - and you can always give him breaks, I don't think playing at a higher weight hurts Lacy's performance.
    Tell his ankles that.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

It is all right here:

There's reason to be a Lacy skeptic.

a) He had everything to play for (i.e., a new contract) in 2016, but after losing weight early in the spring he slowly put it back on until by the start of the season he looked like he was pretty much back where he’d ended 2015.

Then several months of limited activity after ankle surgery made the hill climb even higher.

b) Based on his last sighting during media availability in the locker room in January, he if anything has added a few pounds.

c) Weight battles like this are tough.

A scout I talked to late this week likened it to a player with a substance-abuse problem in that you can go to great lengths to help him, but it won’t matter until he’s all in.

“It’s not a matter of just changing habits here and there,”
    the scout said, “it’s a matter of changing your lifestyle. Your eating habits, day to day your exercise habits, your approach to it all.”
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Tell his ankles that.
    He absolutely was heavy, but incredibly he seemed fit and was running very well. IMO it was that stupid jumping/hurdling he started doing, while it was somewhat effective every time I saw him do it I was sure it was going to cause trouble - don't know why the coaches didn't put a stop to it.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Just the same, though, I have said, and I still say I hope they don't sign him for much more than the vet minimum. Given the same hole, Montgomery or Michael get a helluva lot more yards; And given no hole at all, Lacy has never been a Jim Brown anyway. Somebody will pay him a lot more than we should.
    I'm not so sure or confident about Michael at all. He was a warm body when the Pack needed one, and showed very little. Hole or no hole, he danced behind the line and often went down there because of it.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    if lacy is only going to get that much then he is waaaay heavier then any of us thought
    How heavy do you suspect he is right now, a tub of lard maybe?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Sign him for DL depth.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

I think they should . . . weight..
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

He has surpassed Craig Ironhead Heyward in weight and is approaching Jared Lorenzen size.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    How heavy do you suspect he is right now, a tub of lard maybe?
    well, if you follow all the rumors on his weight over the last 2 years, he could have ended last season as high as 265, he lost a little according to one sideline report, but nowhere near as much as the 15 pounds or so the team wanted him to lose

then by the start of this season, the reports were that he had put it all back on, and the eye test proves that

then he had ankle surgery, so he wasn't able to work out at all. now reports are saying he's put on even more

so we could be looking at a running back that weighs 270+ at the least

if, he is somehow worth only 2 million plus incentives, then he could be even heavier

i mean hell, starks got 3 million a year to be a backup to a workhorse
    Last edited by red; 02-11-2017 at 05:47 PM.

He lost more than the 15 in the offseason, those pics showed that. But by June's minicamp, he had put weight back on. McCarthy wouldn't comment but did say there was more to do. So either he was back over the threshold or they knew it would be a battle because he had already gained weight back.

By camp, he was much closer to last season's weight, but in far better shape as you could see on his runs.

The problem is that he cannot consistently maintain a weight with his habits as they are right now. Like Gilbert, he needs a babysitter.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    I'm not so sure or confident about Michael at all. He was a warm body when the Pack needed one, and showed very little. Hole or no hole, he danced behind the line and often went down there because of it.
    I agree, Michael is not a good running back.....

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He lost more than the 15 in the offseason, those pics showed that. But by June's minicamp, he had put weight back on. McCarthy wouldn't comment but did say there was more to do. So either he was back over the threshold or they knew it would be a battle because he had already gained weight back.

By camp, he was much closer to last season's weight, but in far better shape as you could see on his runs.

The problem is that he cannot consistently maintain a weight with his habits as they are right now. Like Gilbert, he needs a babysitter.
    nah thats what the early rumor was, that he lost 15, the sideline report during one of the early games said he got nowhere near that, and at his peak might have lost only half that

pictures don't mean dick. i can suck n my gut and look in shape too for a picture

Not necessarily. He's known to struggle with his weight, and he's coming off a season ending injury. It's understandable teams would be hesitant to give him big money until they know something about his conditioning and his ankle.

nah thats what the early rumor was, that he lost 15, the sideline report during one of the early games said he got nowhere near that, and at his peak might have lost only half that

pictures don't mean dick. i can suck n my gut and look in shape too for a picture
    I don't believe that at all. He might have reported to camp at less than half that weight loss, but during the spring he was visibly thinner.

This was May: http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-p...nd-tony-horton

Actually, the Packers have him right where they want him. They ought to be able to re-sign him for a reasonable, very reasonable, one year deal. In the meantime, they can draft and rook and Montgomery will get better with a full offseason and camp of training as a RB.

Green Bay can afford to weight to see what other teams do. IF someone else wants to overpay, well, that's just that much more Chick Fil A that Eddy can afford.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Actually, the Packers have him right where they want him. They ought to be able to re-sign him for a reasonable, very reasonable, one year deal. In the meantime, they can draft and rook and Montgomery will get better with a full offseason and camp of training as a RB.

Green Bay can afford to weight to see what other teams do.
    IF someone else wants to overpay, well, that's just that much more Chick Fil A that Eddy can afford.