Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
but a signing bonus and guaranteed $ is what it takes to sign a Bell or the like. pit will do it with Bell. dal will do that when Elliot's time comes up...i guarantee it. just depends on who we're talking about. the running backs are a dime a dozen people can't complain when we need two and only get one because we got cheap. dallas thought that when they had murray. he kicked ass, they thought it was their line, let him go and were shit until they got elliot. so it's not just the line...it's both. we're not a running team but we do need a pretty good running back. Lacy's been good when he wasn't fat or hurt. he shouldn't be too expensive to get back but if he proves to be i think we'll be ok.
If memory serves me correctly Murray got 1800 yards behind the Dallas line, McFadden got 1400 the next year, and Zeke with 1600 this last year? That Oline is elite. Dallas's problem during the McFadden year was a hurt Romo and hurt Dez. That Oline is scary good. Without Zeke, Alfred Morris goes for 1200+ last year.

RBs are a dime a dozen. However there are exceptions to every rule. Bell and Zeke are those exceptions. Peterson was.