How a $15 million per year Mike Glennon deal started a Twitter fueled contract controversy for Aaron Rodgers.

1. Bears are rumored to be leading contender for Mike Glennon this spring, and he is rumored to be getting offers in the $15 mil per year range.

2. Rodgers gets asked about by Wilde on his radio show about whether this means by transitive property that his salary should increase.

Speaking in an interview on ESPN Wisconsin's Wilde & Tausch that aired Wednesday morning, Rodgers was asked if reports that Glennon, with 18 career starts, might get $15 million per year on the open market should lead to discussions about his own contract.

"I think it has to," Rodgers said. "I think it has to."

Rodgers then chuckled and added, "I don't think I need to expand on that."
3. You can imagine what happened next. Culminated by PFT doing what PFT does (overhype something and link back to what they have previously written in poorly reasoned fashion):

ProFootballTalk‏ @ProFootballTalk
Aaron Rodgers, grossly underpaid in light of recent cap increases, finally makes it clear he wants a new deal https://t.co/Az88PgYCeA

4. This catches some attention, until Rodgers bats it down, by taking a swipe at old foe PFT:

Aaron Rodgers‏ @AaronRodgers12
Actually, I said 4 words. And was referring to comparing contracts between players that play the same position. #fake news

5. Nagler also tried to pump this up. But lost in translation is that Rodgers never gave a timeline. He is clearly underpaid now, but even QB contracts don't get ripped up with 3 years to go.