Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2017 NFL Combine

2017 NFL Combine

Ted PC

Green Bay Packers @packers 48m48 minutes ago
    Ted Thompson: We're off to the races. Did some interviews last night. Workouts/medical process next. #NFLCombine

Thompson: Our best intentions will be to sign as many of our own players as we can, keep it together. #NFLCombine

Thompson praising two of his top personnel execs Brian Gutekunst and Eliot Wolf as skilled talent evaluators #Packers

Thompson: Strength of draft/positions changes year to year. We don't pay a lot of attention to what the media thinks. #NFLCombine

Wes Hodkiewicz‏ @WesHod 42m
    Thompson said March 9 free-agency deadline is just [an artificial] deadline but #Packers have signed a lot of their guys beforehand. Could happen again

Thompson on Montgomery's move to RB: "He’s embraced it - that’s the one thing that’s sometimes overlooked. He took the bull by the horns."

Green Bay Packers‏ @packers 40m40 minutes ago
    Thompson: I think our (former & current) players appreciated the fact that the organization tried its best to keep their own players.

Michael Cohen‏ @Michael_Cohen13 53m53 minutes ago
    Thompson said the team is working on free agency at the same time as draft prep. "We've done a lot of our hard work." #Packers

#Packers GM Ted Thompson was asked why he cut Josh Sitton in September: "I’m not talking about people that don’t play for us anymore."

Thompson said he built a relationship with new scout Matt Malaspina during their time in Seattle. He called the hiring a "good investment."

Thompson said he doesn't think the NFC North is appreciated enough. Resurgence of the Lions in recent years is a big part of that. #Packers

Thompson said his best intention is to sign as many of his own free agents as possible "to keep things together." #Packers

Thompson on the combine: "It's a tremendous process that we go through and all 32 teams are able to benefit from it." #Packers
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

M3 PC

Pete Dougherty‏ @PeteDougherty 28m28 minutes ago
    MM on David Raih New coaching title (perimeter): he'll be working with other perimeter coaches

Wes Hodkiewicz‏ @WesHod 29m29 minutes ago
    McCarthy said off. perimeter coach is a reflection of who'll David Raih will be working with. He'll be assisting me and Edgar Bennett

OFF TO AN AMAZING START!

Green Bay Packers‏ @packers 29m29 minutes ago
    McCarthy on David Raih's new title, offensive perimeter coach: He'll work primarily with myself & Edgar Bennett. #NFLCombine

Michael Cohen‏ @Michael_Cohen13 37m37 minutes ago
    David Raih, the new "offensive perimeter coach," will wor[k] with McCarthy, Edgar Bennett and Alex Van Pelt to create game plan and schemes.

140 CHARACTERS OR NOT, ADVERBS HELP

Wes Hodkiewicz‏ @WesHod
    McCarthy: "I have a lot of love for Nick Perry and what he worked through. Hoping to get a contract worked out with him" #Packers

McCarthy said he visited with Eddie Lacy about a week ago #Packers

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet 15m15 minutes ago
    According to someone who has seen his foot, Lacy should be healthy for OTAs

Michael Cohen‏ @Michael_Cohen13 36m36 minutes ago
    McCarthy said he hopes the #Packers can work out a new contract for OLB Nick Perry after the best season of his career.

Michael Cohen‏ @Michael_Cohen13 30m30 minutes ago
    McCarthy said T.J. Lang (hip surgery) is coming along well in recovery but probably won't play until training camp, wherever he ends up.

Wes Hodkiewicz‏Verified account @WesHod 2m2 minutes ago
    McCarthy: "Clay Matthews will play inside. He'll play outside. He'll move around. We need to take advantage of his skill set" #Packers
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

They found the leak!

Michael Cohen‏ @Michael_Cohen13 1h1 hour ago
    Former Wisconsin RB Corey Clement said a #Packers scout told him the team may draft two tailbacks this year because they are so thin.

Well they drafted 2 in 2013.

watching the linemen drills this morning...they all seem the same. meh

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    They found the leak!

Former Wisconsin RB Corey Clement said a #Packers scout told him the team may draft two tailbacks this year because they are so thin.
    Packers are going to draft thin running backs?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

I just like the fact that there is a player in the draft named Taco.
    C.H.U.D.

too bad we need d so bad cause the mccaffery kid sure is got a lot of praise and extra attention. they had him running wr routes after all the rb stuff was done.

They found the leak!

Former Wisconsin RB Corey Clement said a #Packers scout told him the team may draft two tailbacks in the seventh roundthis year because they are so thin.
    Is what he means.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    No, no. One 7th rounder and an undrafted free agent.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    watching the linemen drills this morning...they all seem the same. meh
    It is remarkable how light on the feet some of these big guys are, however. That Lamp guy is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    too bad we need d so bad cause the mccaffery kid sure is got a lot of praise and extra attention. they had him running wr routes after all the rb stuff was done.
    If he was still on the board at #29 I wouldn't complain if we took him. If this happened he most likely would be the BPA. The last time we drafted a position even tho it wasn't one of dire need was in 2005 and that turned out pretty good for us.

We have our first player sent home: Alabama’s Reuben Foster

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/st...mbine-argument

He and hospital worker got in face to face confrontation over waiting for pre-exam.

Robert Klemko @RobertKlemko
    Adding some detail to Reuben Foster incident which led to his dismissal from combine, per source...

Foster grew impatient with long line for exams... pulled the 'do you know who I am?' card.

A male hospital employee, unimpressed, told him he would wait like everyone else.

Foster warned the man that he'd put hands on him, and the employee said, simply, Do it.

john ross, wr from washington just ran an unofficial 4.22

the current fastest official combine record was chris johnson at 4.24

We have our first player sent home: Alabama’s Reuben Foster

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/st...mbine-argument

He and hospital worker got in face to face confrontation over waiting for pre-exam.

Adding some detail to Reuben Foster incident which led to his dismissal from combine, per source...

Foster grew impatient with long line for exams... pulled the 'do you know who I am?' card.

A male hospital employee, unimpressed, told him he would wait like everyone else.

Foster warned the man that he'd put hands on him, and the employee said, simply, Do it.
    sure...and the team that drafts him can simply use direct deposit to send foster's pay checks to the hospital employee in question. lol

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    john ross, wr from washington just ran an unofficial 4.22

the current fastest official combine record was chris johnson at 4.24
    impwessive!

Michael Cohen‏ @Michael_Cohen13 40s40 seconds ago
    Former Wisconsin OLB T.J. Watt said he will have a formal meeting with the #Packers in Indianapolis this week. Borderline first-round pick.

not a good combine for alabama line backers

foster his sent home for getting in a fight with a hospital working after the worker wouldn't take care of him before everyone else at the hospital

and tim williams who is projected as a late first rounder admitted to "many" failed drug tests in college

jabrill peppers just ran a 4.47

he says he's a safety, but the nfl is making him work out with the line backers

he also measured in at 2 inches shorter then he was lister, just like calvin pryor a few years back

TJ watt- 4.71, and looked like he ran out of gas at 30 yards