View Poll Results: Is Adding Davon House to the CB room enough to restock the position?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Enough. He's your new #1, Randall and Rollins and Gunter fight over #2 and slot CB.

0 0%
  • No, Draft someone.

12 48.00%
  • No, Sign a Free Agent.

13 52.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Would House Be Enough?

Would House Be Enough?

If the Packers land Davon House, and they have spoken, is he enough to restock the CB cabinet? Or do they need more?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I think they need at least one more vet CB. Too much youth and not enough vet knowledge or leadership back there.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

House should not be looked at as a starter. He was never really a starter in Green Bay before except when guys were hurt. He can be a good role player who can be effective against big, physical WR's. This is a good year for CB's in the draft. Draft one.

He isn't the answer but if we get him back that wouldn't be the worst thing. We let him walk, get a comp pick and then he comes back without us losing a pick. Not a bad scenario. If he returns Ted still has to either draft one or sign a FA - or both.

It's kind of an ideal TT signing. Knows the D. Cheap. No comp pick penalty. Decent player.

I need an option D, sign someone and draft someone. The secondary has been average to bad for too long. Wouldn't it be nice if it were a strength again?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    House should not be looked at as a starter. He was never really a starter in Green Bay before except when guys were hurt. He can be a good role player who can be effective against big, physical WR's. This is a good year for CB's in the draft. Draft one.
    But would Gunter and Randall start ahead of House?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I was going to look up how House did in 2015, when he started and see of the Jacksonville D was much worse that its 2016 mediocre against the pass ranking.

However this from Rob Demovsky, just adds more confusion to his release:

Sure, House struggled last season in Jacksonville and was benched after four games, but he did have a strong season in 2015 when he set a single-season franchise record with 23 pass breakups. What's more, House is still relatively young -- he doesn't turn 28 until July 10 -- and the same coaching staff that worked with him in Green Bay from 2011-14 remains intact.
    I am beginning to think he punched a coach.

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-p...-perfect-sense

His demotion was DeAndre Hopkins related.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/j...buffalo-102215

Hopkins caught two fourth-quarter touchdowns passes while defended by House in Houston’s 31-20 win, as part of a 10-catch, 148-yard day. Hopkins was named AFC Offensive Player of the Week for his performance.

“In the secondary, if a guy gets behind you, there’s no excuse,’’ Bradley told reporters on Monday. “If you lose your eyes, there’s no excuse. You have to be able to do those things, that’s part of being in the league. It’s playing that complete game.’’

Rollins and Randall weren't good enough, and Gunter isn't fast enough. Get House and draft a player, and then maybe there will be enough back there to do the job. Might have to be flexible in who starts, based on match-ups. If the other team has a slow crafty possession receiver as a #2, go ahead and put Gunter on him, otherwise save him for the 3rd or 4th receiver.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Sign him and draft at least 1 cb. He isnt the #1 but is somewhere between 3-5 which is what you want for depth. m

I said awhile back that we need 2 vet cb

We don't have the time to sit around and wait for a rookie to get up to speed.

House is a good start IMO, but we still need a #1
    Last edited by red; 03-08-2017 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    I said awhile bCk that we need 2 vet check

We don't have the time to sit around and wait for a rookie to get up to speed.

House is a good start IMO, but we still need a #1
    Did you borrow woodbuck's keyboard?

God damn phones and their autocorrect

no. he's not enough. they need a stud back there. he's depth at this point.

This is a very deep corner draft. House and a draft pick in the first three picks along with the health and growth of Randall in particular would be enough to be significantly better than last year.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    AJ Bouye, please sign the top damn guy and stop messing around. House too as a Dime back.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    This is a very deep corner draft. House and a draft pick in the first three picks along with the health and growth of Randall in particular would be enough to be significantly better than last year.
    House and a pile of rocks would more than likely be an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    AJ Bouye, please sign the top damn guy and stop messing around. House too as a Dime back.
    Not going to happen, Bouye is going to Jacksonville. TT would never bring in a big, flashy player early in FA anyway.

Where's the poll response option of "have you lost your damn mind?"