Thread: Perry Signed: Five Years

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I almost always get this wrong on first go around, but $18.5 signing bonus pro-rates to $3.7 per year. Two years in and this deal could be voided and the signing bonus proration would wash out with cap savings.

If there are other guarantees (actual ones, not Pro Bow ones), then that might extend to three years.

So my guess is 2 years, 30 mil, if 3 years yields 39 Million. So he would make $15 mpy if it goes bad and the deal is terminated after Year 2.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I almost always get this wrong on first go around, but $18.5 signing bonus pro-rates to $3.7 per year. Two years in and this deal could be voided and the signing bonus proration would wash out with cap savings.

If there are other guarantees (actual ones, not Pro Bow ones), then that might extend to three years.

So my guess is 2 years, 30 mil, if 3 years yields 39 Million. So he would make $15 mpy if it goes bad and the deal is terminated after Year 2.
    I was close. Just under franchise value for 2 years.

Jason La Canfora‏ @JasonLaCanfora 3m3 minutes ago
    From GB perspective, they'd look at Perry deal as $28M/2yrs; equivalent of franchising him at '17 total 2 yrs in a row, then pay as you go
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.