Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
Wonder if Ted will be bold beyond the Captain Obvious.
Cook is coming back; Lang Maybe. House probably.

Dear Ted, go find us another pass rusher or a real starting CB before the draft.
Bretsky, this draft is so deep at corner that even Matt Millen could close his eyes and get a starter in the fourth round. Why pay a vet bigger money? You could invest that in Cook.

I'm glad Perry is back, but I totally understand Nutz's point of view. You had, last year, a really, really shitty defense. 31st against the pass, I think? Yes, corner was a large part of the problem. Sure. But you couldn't get any pressure on any QB's anyway. So now you've got about 23 million a year wrapped up in two OLB's (Matthews and Perry) who were part of this 31st ranked pass defense. I know, I know, how bad would it have been without them? But this team's defense needs playmakers, disrupters, and while Perry is steady and holds the edge and gets some sacks, well, he's not a disrupter.

Which is why I wave bye-bye to Micah Hyde. Nice guy, solid, available, etc, but always two steps behind the receiver/tight end/running back. He tackled well but he didn't break up many passes. Not a difference maker, and that is what this defense needs.

Ted is just not very good at drafting pas rushers. I wish he'd let someone else make those picks.

And if I read any off-season stories about how Damarious Randall or Rollins feels "misunderstood" or that they thought all the criticism was unfair or that they don't care what anyone says, they played pretty well last year considering their injuries, I'm going to throw up.