Thread: Perry Signed: Five Years

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Anyone else having trouble accessing the site?
    iPhone (AT&T) & iPad (Verizon) keep getting a "This site available" screen.

Laptop is getting through.

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    iPhone (AT&T) & iPad (Verizon) keep getting a "This site available" screen.

Laptop is getting through.
    I am on TDS and getting that message, but only intermittently. For a while yesterday and then this morning.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

JSO Silverstein wrap-up: http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...kers/98944480/

1. Perry and Packers meeting today to look at deal. Slightly non-committal but everyone seems to agree this meeting doesn't happen today if they don't have general agreement on terms. Spoon says likely north of $10 mil per year, but under Matthews $13.2 mpy. Perry and Sheard were last two pass rushers available. So Perry played this very well.

If its a five year deal, he is going to get north of $20 million of bonus/guarantee.

2. Packers have shown only slight interest in retaining Hyde. Have not committed to matching deals he gets.

3. Says Packers don't seem willing to sign Lang at the price he is going to get.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    JSO Silverstein wrap-up: http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...kers/98944480/

1. Perry and Packers meeting today to look at deal. Slightly non-committal but everyone seems to agree this meeting doesn't happen today if they don't have general agreement on terms. Spoon says likely north of $10 mil per year, but under Matthews $13.2 mpy. Perry and Sheard were last two pass rushers available. So Perry played this very well.

If its a five year deal, he is going to get north of $20 million of bonus/guarantee.

2. Packers have shown only slight interest in retaining Hyde. Have not committed to matching deals he gets.

3. Says Packers don't seem willing to sign Lang at the price he is going to get.
    1. Perry was the must sign of the free agent season for the Packers. Even with his injury history, we could not afford to lose his QB pressures or his run contain.

2. Light interest in Hyde doesn't surprise me. I think the Packers view him as a safety and they have up and comers at that position. Although he made some plays in the regular season and the playoffs as a corner, his lack of speed was evident. He functions as a barely adequate slot corner and rarely was used on the outside, even when we had no CBs available. I think his most valuable role is as a punt returner. He might be the best we have.

3. Again, this does not surprise me. Lang is a free agent during a year in which the draft class is weak in OL and the salary cap jumped precipitously. He will be highly sought after and the Packers will not pay more than $10 million per year for a guard. In their minds, they proved last year that they would not skip a beat on offense, even after releasing a Pro Bowl guard. They would rather have the draft pick as compensation. It wouldn't surprise me if Barclay is the starting RG next year. My guess is Tretter will also be highly valued and will leave in free agency. We had a luxury with 2 starting centers and he will start at C for someone else. They will not move Bulaga who played at a pro bowl level last year and Spriggs is not and will never be a guard.

The big question for me is Jones. I think we need him and will try to re-sign him. With Perry off the board, his value has got to be higher.