Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Perry Signed: Five Years

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    again...had to be done. no one better out there or on this squad.

looks like it's 5/60 w/18.5m bonus.
    Yep.

@TomPelissero
    Nick Perry's extension with #Packers is a huge one: 5 years, $60 million with an $18.5M signing bonus. He's due $20.8M in first year.

@TomSilverstein 30s30 seconds ago
    Nick Perry deal is worth $59 million over five years and includes $1 million Pro Bowl bonuses each year, according to a source.

@TomSilverstein 59s60 seconds ago
    At $11.8 million per year, Perry’s deal did not reach Clay Matthew’s average of $13.2 million. But pretty close.

@JasonLaCanfora 1m1 minute ago
    Packers are paying Nick Perry big-time: $20.8M cash in 2017 ($18.5M to sign). Makes $39M over 1st 3 years. $60M/5yrs. Wow
    Last edited by pbmax; 03-09-2017 at 12:30 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I almost always get this wrong on first go around, but $18.5 signing bonus pro-rates to $3.7 per year. Two years in and this deal could be voided and the signing bonus proration would wash out with cap savings.

If there are other guarantees (actual ones, not Pro Bow ones), then that might extend to three years.

So my guess is 2 years, 30 mil, if 3 years yields 39 Million. So he would make $15 mpy if it goes bad and the deal is terminated after Year 2.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I almost always get this wrong on first go around, but $18.5 signing bonus pro-rates to $3.7 per year. Two years in and this deal could be voided and the signing bonus proration would wash out with cap savings.

If there are other guarantees (actual ones, not Pro Bow ones), then that might extend to three years.

So my guess is 2 years, 30 mil, if 3 years yields 39 Million. So he would make $15 mpy if it goes bad and the deal is terminated after Year 2.
    I was close. Just under franchise value for 2 years.

Jason La Canfora‏ @JasonLaCanfora 3m3 minutes ago
    From GB perspective, they'd look at Perry deal as $28M/2yrs; equivalent of franchising him at '17 total 2 yrs in a row, then pay as you go

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Unreal to pay that guy 28 million over the first 2 years of the contract. thanks but no thanks

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Good for Perry, that young guy is set for life.

Cap hits will look something like:

2017: 1.3M base + 1M roster bonus + 3.7M signing bonus = 6M
    2018: 1.9M base + 1M roster bonus + 3.7M signing bonus = 6.6M
    2019: 5.2M base + 1M roster bonus + 3.7M signing bonus = 9.9M
    2020: 9.6M base + 1M roster bonus + 3.7M signing bonus = 14.3M
    2021: 9.4M base + 1M roster bonus + 3.7M signing bonus = 14.1M

This is a reasonable contract for the foreseeable future and with only 18.5 guaranteed it never becomes a hostage situation.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Unreal to pay that guy 28 million over the first 2 years of the contract. thanks but no thanks
    No unreal is what they pay Clay. Perry is just getting market value.

NFL on ESPN‏Verified account @ESPNNFL 43s44 seconds ago
    DT Calais Campbell is going to sign a 4-year, $60 million deal that includes $30M guaranteed with Jacksonville. (via @AdamSchefter)

I post on a handful of Packers message boards and you are the only one I have yet heard who is unhappy with this signing.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    With the way the salary is structured its not that bad of a deal. The overall contract seems ridiculous for a guy that has a total of 23.5 career stats

Had to be the number 1 priority signing. Someone with the potential to get double figure sacks and pressure on the QB had to be re-signed. Outside of Matthews, there is no other potential double figure sack guy. Peppers probably won't be back. Where do those 8 sacks come from? If we don't sign Perry, we have to find 20 sacks from Fackrell, Lowry, and this year's draft class. It was a must sign.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Good for Perry, that young guy is set for life.

Cap hits will look something like:

2017: 1.3M base + 1M roster bonus + 3.7M signing bonus = 6M
    2018: 1.9M base + 1M roster bonus + 3.7M signing bonus = 6.6M
    2019: 5.2M base + 1M roster bonus + 3.7M signing bonus = 9.9M
    2020: 9.6M base + 1M roster bonus + 3.7M signing bonus = 14.3M
    2021: 9.4M base + 1M roster bonus + 3.7M signing bonus = 14.1M

This is a reasonable contract for the foreseeable future and with only 18.5 guaranteed it never becomes a hostage situation.
    I think the first year figure is close to right, but the 2nd and 3rd year should be higher if he gets 39 million over the first 3 years. We're missing 4 to 5 million dollars in those figures if my math is right. It's also missing 5 to 6 million in the last 2 years. Those totals are only around 50 million. Are they counting pro bowl bonuses to get them to 60 million. That would be 2 million per year for that bonus.

Perry was tied for 5th most sack from LB's this year plus he is very good at holding the edge. He is being paid what he is worth and as bad as the defense was last year, they would be far worse without him.

NFL on ESPN‏Verified account @ESPNNFL 43s44 seconds ago
    DT Calais Campbell is going to sign a 4-year, $60 million deal that includes $30M guaranteed with Jacksonville. (via @AdamSchefter)
    @RapSheet 26s27 seconds ago
    The #Saints contract with DT Nick Fairley is 4 years, worth almost $30M, source said.

NO PASS RUSH COSTS $7.5 PER YEAR ON THE INTERIOR.

Blog Entries
    Never been a huge Perry guy but this was a very good signing. Kudos to TT or whoever structured the contract like this.

Now TT should grow some balls and go get Connor Barwin and get him back excelling in the 3-4.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Never been a huge Perry guy but this was a very good signing. Kudos to TT or whoever structured the contract like this.

Now TT should grow some balls and go get Connor Barwin and get him back excelling in the 3-4.
    I think them signing Perry means no Barwin, not that TT would have signed Barwin anyway.

Wonder if people still doubt he wants to be an OLB?

Blog Entries
    Wonder if people still doubt he wants to be an OLB?
    Wonder if Ted will be bold beyond the Captain Obvious.
    Cook is coming back; Lang Maybe. House probably.

Dear Ted, go find us another pass rusher or a real starting CB before the draft.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    I think the first year figure is close to right, but the 2nd and 3rd year should be higher if he gets 39 million over the first 3 years. We're missing 4 to 5 million dollars in those figures if my math is right. It's also missing 5 to 6 million in the last 2 years. Those totals are only around 50 million. Are they counting pro bowl bonuses to get them to 60 million. That would be 2 million per year for that bonus.
    Demovsky has the whole thing line by line: http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-p...us-as-it-seems

What someone reported to Silverstein as Pro Bowl bonuses for $1 million per year seem to actually be $600,000 roster bonuses (awarded weekly in season) and $400,000 workout bonuses each year of the deal.

He does have Pro Bowl bonuses, but smaller:

"Note: Perry also has a $250,000 Pro Bowl bonus each year from 2018-2021. There is no bonus for making the Pro Bowl in 2017."

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Wonder if Ted will be bold beyond the Captain Obvious.
    Cook is coming back; Lang Maybe. House probably.

Dear Ted, go find us another pass rusher or a real starting CB before the draft.
    Don't hold your breath on any of these scenarios.

With the way the salary is structured its not that bad of a deal. The overall contract seems ridiculous for a guy that has a total of 23.5 career stats
    Look at what some other guys got paid already around the league...many who have less talent than Perry.

Perry is a very good OLB. Unlike Clay, he is stout against the run in addition to being a decent pass rusher. He's not an elite tier player...but when healthy he is certainly in that 2nd tier. Those guys will get paid over $10M per year going forward with the rise in the cap.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!