Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Perry Signed: Five Years

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    I think the first year figure is close to right, but the 2nd and 3rd year should be higher if he gets 39 million over the first 3 years. We're missing 4 to 5 million dollars in those figures if my math is right. It's also missing 5 to 6 million in the last 2 years. Those totals are only around 50 million. Are they counting pro bowl bonuses to get them to 60 million. That would be 2 million per year for that bonus.
    What he gets and what he counts for are two different things. When they report he'll get 39M over the first three years they are counting the guaranteed money from years 4 and 5.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Wonder if Ted will be bold beyond the Captain Obvious.
    Cook is coming back; Lang Maybe. House probably.

Dear Ted, go find us another pass rusher or a real starting CB before the draft.
    Bretsky, this draft is so deep at corner that even Matt Millen could close his eyes and get a starter in the fourth round. Why pay a vet bigger money? You could invest that in Cook.

I'm glad Perry is back, but I totally understand Nutz's point of view. You had, last year, a really, really shitty defense. 31st against the pass, I think? Yes, corner was a large part of the problem. Sure. But you couldn't get any pressure on any QB's anyway. So now you've got about 23 million a year wrapped up in two OLB's (Matthews and Perry) who were part of this 31st ranked pass defense. I know, I know, how bad would it have been without them? But this team's defense needs playmakers, disrupters, and while Perry is steady and holds the edge and gets some sacks, well, he's not a disrupter.

Which is why I wave bye-bye to Micah Hyde. Nice guy, solid, available, etc, but always two steps behind the receiver/tight end/running back. He tackled well but he didn't break up many passes. Not a difference maker, and that is what this defense needs.

Ted is just not very good at drafting pas rushers. I wish he'd let someone else make those picks.

And if I read any off-season stories about how Damarious Randall or Rollins feels "misunderstood" or that they thought all the criticism was unfair or that they don't care what anyone says, they played pretty well last year considering their injuries, I'm going to throw up.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Demovsky has the whole thing line by line: http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-p...us-as-it-seems

What someone reported to Silverstein as Pro Bowl bonuses for $1 million per year seem to actually be $600,000 roster bonuses (awarded weekly in season) and $400,000 workout bonuses each year of the deal.

He does have Pro Bowl bonuses, but smaller:

"Note: Perry also has a $250,000 Pro Bowl bonus each year from 2018-2021. There is no bonus for making the Pro Bowl in 2017."
    Those numbers are closer to what I had envisioned. Cap hits of 6, 11, and 15 for the first 3 years with the last 2 years at 14 each. Thanks PB.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Bretsky, this draft is so deep at corner that even Matt Millen could close his eyes and get a starter in the fourth round. Why pay a vet bigger money? You could invest that in Cook.

I'm glad Perry is back, but I totally understand Nutz's point of view. You had, last year, a really, really shitty defense. 31st against the pass, I think? Yes, corner was a large part of the problem. Sure. But you couldn't get any pressure on any QB's anyway. So now you've got about 23 million a year wrapped up in two OLB's (Matthews and Perry) who were part of this 31st ranked pass defense. I know, I know, how bad would it have been without them? But this team's defense needs playmakers, disrupters, and while Perry is steady and holds the edge and gets some sacks, well, he's not a disrupter.

Which is why I wave bye-bye to Micah Hyde. Nice guy, solid, available, etc, but always two steps behind the receiver/tight end/running back. He tackled well but he didn't break up many passes. Not a difference maker, and that is what this defense needs.

Ted is just not very good at drafting pas rushers. I wish he'd let someone else make those picks.

And if I read any off-season stories about how Damarious Randall or Rollins feels "misunderstood" or that they thought all the criticism was unfair or that they don't care what anyone says, they played pretty well last year considering their injuries, I'm going to throw up.

Plz note I said.....Grow some balls and get a vet starting caliber pass rusher OR cb. ONE or the OTHER.....not just rely fully on draft and develop. Show a bit of urgency. AROD is no getting any younger...Connow Barwin is a captain obvious option to be very excited about. IF we suck at drafting pass rushers go sign another one.

Of course after years is disappointment during FA I expect next to nothing.

I'm fineif they wait and expect to get a CB in round one. There will be some stellar OLB there at 29 too IMO. We should have a great prospects to choose from at 29.

And TT won't fuck up enough to let Cook go. Dude wants to come back. We're securing Cook...not doing that would ba motherload of a fuck up by TT and he knows that....I can go either way on Lang.......we can bring him back; we can use those funds for a pass rusher
    An Hde...thx for the service but see ya for that money.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    So for two years in a row Cook will be the free agent prize for the Green Bay Packers? That is not solidifying the roster to get to the Super Bowl. Ted is going to Ted, and what is getting disturbing about that is that he has complete control over this organization, the same as when the Packers let Mike Sherman sink the ship. The Packers will continue to have an average roster, with a hall of fame quarterback that will get just close enough to a Championship that nothing will change.

I hate Packers' message boards during FA...

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I hate Packers' message boards during FA...
    I know, 2010 is getting further and further away, making it hard to continually justify the methods of Ted Thompson.

One thing to remember, the Packers sack numbers and pressure numbers (hits, knock downs, pressure that moved QB but did not tackle him) weren't bad last year. It did not come from the usual suspect (Matthews) but it wasn't a tire fire.

What was a League worst tire fire was the secondary at times.

If I had to improve one area and keep the other the same, I want an improved secondary first.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    I know, 2010 is getting further and further away, making it hard to continually justify the methods of Ted Thompson.
    Hard to blame TT for the choke jobs in 2007 and 2014. Those were Super Bowl caliber rosters. The 2011 offense was one of the best ever. You aren't going to have the best talent every year, but TT often has a good roster with a healthy cap situation. That gives us a chance every year. That being said, I'd like to see Cook resigned and a veteran CB signed. Another CB and an OLB can be found in this draft. I'd like to see Lacy come back, and I'd like to see they at least kicked the tires on Barwin.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

2014 team was not better talent wise than the Seahawks. They did choke that game away, but as the game was being pissed away you saw the failure of the roster.

2014 team was not better talent wise than the Seahawks. They did choke that game away, but as the game was being pissed away you saw the failure of the roster.
    i disagree but what ever.

And as we ate their lunch for over 3 quarters you saw the failure of theirs. What I saw as the game was pissed away was the failure of a head coach, special teams coach, and blonde haired pass rusher.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Sucks the market is what it is. Perry has missed games every single season in the nfl, and rendered ineffective by injuries in many more games he didn't miss. And his one impact season came in a contract year, and again even that year he was nullified by a late season injury. But when healthy he's our most productive guy on the front 7 so we couldn't afford to let him walk. Hope he at least earns half his money.
    Last edited by yetisnowman; 03-10-2017 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Sucks the market is what it is. Perry has missed games every single season in the nfl, and rendered ineffective by injuries in many more games he didn't miss. And his one impact season came in a contract year, and again even that year he was nullified by a late season injury. But when healthy he's our most productive guy on the front 7 so we couldn't afford to let him walk. Hope he at least earns half his money.
    With Clay being pretty much worthless, they didn't have much choice than to resign Perry.

thats a lot of money for a one year wonder

and before anyone tells me that they can get out of it in two years, i'll say bullshit. the packers don't do that

if they did get rid of players who have terrible contracts, we would have cut cobb and mathews by now

this is reason #1 why you just can't let guys hit the open market, up until a few days ago he was worth nowhere near the kind of money he got

Anyone else having trouble accessing the site?
    yes, last 2 days on ATT i got that message that the site was available

i figured the brown shirts had found mad and sent him back to the land of the great refried bean

Matthews is in the last year of his contract in 2018 and due $11.4M.

If he returns to form in 2017, that will be a good price for his services. If he continues to decline, he can be wiped off the books with no cap hit due to dead money. Either way, the Packers are in the drivers seat in regards to Matthews. He is certainly less risk than Perry.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    yes, last 2 days on ATT i got that message that the site was available

i figured the brown shirts had found mad and sent him back to the land of the great refried bean
    Russian hacking effort, trying to tear down this pillar of American freedom and values. Or it might be Belichick...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png