Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Packers sign Martellus Bennett

Deal appears to be 3 yr/ 18.45 million. http://www.patspulpit.com/2017/3/10/...en-bay-packers

That can't be true. Why would he sign for such little money?

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    That can't be true. Why would he sign for such little money?
    Ian Rapoport has changed what he is reporting to 3 years/21 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by Packman_26 View Post
    Ian Rapoport has changed what he is reporting to 3 years/21 mil.
    great deal

Cook is a better deep threat. My strongest memory of Bennett is as big waste with Dallas. He apparently was a lot better with New England, and Cook was an injury problem, so I guess I'll keep an open mind and be hopeful Ted got it right. If this is the only FA pick up, though - basically a trade off with losing Cook, then call me pissed off with Ted - as usual.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Demovsky said earlier the Packers got Bennett for less than the deal they were working on cook with
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Thats right you mouthy kneegrow, so STFU!
    Keep it up and it's over the wall for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Demovsky said earlier the Packers got Bennett for less than the deal they were working on cook with
    Lmao at the team that over pays for Cook.

We need to let Lacy walk as well; spend that money on defensive help, and draft a RB in the draft.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    We need to let Lacy walk as well; spend that money on defensive help, and draft a RB in the draft.
    I can't find it anywhere but my best friend is a Viking fan and he just told me Lacy in signing in Minny. They aren't letting him get to Seattle. I thought Seattle was first in the itinerary. FWIW
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Couple of reports that this was the case. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...k-for-packers/

Numbers I have seen are 3 years and under 19 million. Very reasonable contract for a two-way TE. Cook was better with pure speed, but Bennett is a better all around player. I think Cook will sign for about as much as Bennett in terms of annual average, which will mean a net push on the comp pick in 2018. I'm sure this was a factor in TT's decision.

Love this deal. I like Cook but this is an upgrade.
    C.H.U.D.

Well, well, well. Obviously, this is fake news.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-free-a...lus+bennett%22

Bennett also had the highest passer rating when targeted of any player with 70-plus targets last season (136.8).
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Hell yea...great signing!
    Welcome back bonehead!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    One thing to note. A lot of Bennett's game is run blocking and play action. Neither of which the Packers do much of. If his numbers are way low, it's probably from lack of proper scheme for the type of player he is. It's not like stubby will change things.
    Play action maybe, but they will be happy to use his run blocking.

And if the run blocking helps make the run game go, that will increase the passes from play action. Won't be NE level, but it will be nice addition to Packer spread formation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I am surprised; the reason is I thought Bennett was an asshole with character issues. Am I incorrect ??
    What is the speed comparison ? I've always thought Bennett was full of talent but I thought Cook was a no brainer resigning. I expected Cook; got Bennett.....good move.

By rule I'll applaud any free agent signing by Ted Thompson; normally he's hiding at this time. But I undoubtedly still want a pass rusher or CB who can start.

Wonder how the contracts will compare up ??
    He's outspoken like his brother, but pretty smart. He'll fit in I think. Not quite happy go lucky as Cook.

I hope Cook gets the deal he is looking for. He came in, worked hard, delivered even after two injuries. Wish him the best.

Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde 2h2 hours ago
    Source said tonight that #Packers were ready to pay Jared Cook more than what they gave Martellus Bennett, as @RobDemovsky heard, too.

so it's 3 and $21. no way TT offered Cook more than that.