View Poll Results: If you can sign one more Defensive FA, who would it be?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Connor Barwin

18 85.71%
  • Davon House

3 14.29%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: You Make the Call: House or Barwin

Tom Silverstein‏Verified account @TomSilverstein 20s21 seconds ago
    CB Davon House has agreed to one-year deal with the #Packers, according to a source.

Looks like House is in the, "house" for another year. I still want us to sign Barwin too.

UPDATE: Silverstein further reports that the Packers increased their offer to House after his meeting in Pittsburgh. According to NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport, the deal will be worth approximately $3.5 million.

OK. I like this one for that money. Plays the style Capers wants. Gives them backup, could start if hard pressed, possibly might BE the starter if last year was some kind of coach induced anomaly.

So another Ted reputation bites the dust. He never signs middle of the road vets to fill a role.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    OK. I like this one for that money. Plays the style Capers wants. Gives them backup, could start if hard pressed, possibly might BE the starter if last year was some kind of coach induced anomaly.

So another Ted reputation bites the dust. He never signs middle of the road vets to fill a role.

Or maybe he's f'cked up so many times doing so he realizes it might be time to change.

Another ted reputation lives on...sign the guy who gets cut so no compensation......CONNOR BARWIN ...............HELLO TED ??
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Or maybe he's f'cked up so many times doing so he realizes it might be time to change.

Another ted reputation lives on...sign the guy who gets cut so no compensation......CONNOR BARWIN ...............HELLO TED ??
    Barwin may very well be an option. 31 other teams haven't stepped up to offer him a contract yet.

Yep. If Barwin was going to get a no brainer deal in Cincy (where he visited) it would have happened already.

Packers have about cleared the decks of the FAs they had outstanding. Still money left for decent priced vet.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Barwin may very well be an option. 31 other teams haven't stepped up to offer him a contract yet.
    Should this lack of interest be a red flag for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Because the draft is so rich at CB, I'd go with Barwin. His numbers were down last year, but having to switch from 3-4 OLB to 4-3 DE might have been the reason.

Actually I think TT might have the cap room to sign both.
    Git er done TT!

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    nobody showed any public interest in our two new TEs. didn't seem to matter.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    nobody showed any public interest in our two new TEs. didn't seem to matter.
    Exactly; get it done already !!!
    Barwin is probably in GB and nobody even knows.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Not trying to hijack the selections for the poll, but since House was signed, can we have a new matchup? Connor Barwin vs. Dontari Poe. You could make a case for Poe, especially playing as much of the type of nickel Capers likes to play, but he can also push the pocket as well. I'm open to either one. Anyone that can come in and help provide pressure on the QB, I'm all for.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Blog Entries
    Tyson Jackson might be a nice 1-2 year deal as well but I think he's asking for too much ching

Blog Entries
    But ole draft and develop would need to give up compensation for those guys; Barwin comes free from draft picks

I heard Barwin is now on his way to LA Rams for a visit. He left Cinci without a deal...and I think Barwin is from that area originally.

Wondering if he's asking for too much.

At this point, I don't think TT is interested.

Ho-hum...I'd really like Barwin on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Not trying to hijack the selections for the poll, but since House was signed, can we have a new matchup? Connor Barwin vs. Dontari Poe. You could make a case for Poe, especially playing as much of the type of nickel Capers likes to play, but he can also push the pocket as well. I'm open to either one. Anyone that can come in and help provide pressure on the QB, I'm all for.
    The complaint about Poe is that he precisely generates zero push in the middle. And since the Packers don't exactly have elite edge rushers, getting something from the middle is really going to be crucial if they are to avoid a repeat of the 2016 pass defense next year.

Poe might be the poster child of caveat emptor if you depend too much on the Combine.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    The complaint about Poe is that he precisely generates zero push in the middle. And since the Packers don't exactly have elite edge rushers, getting something from the middle is really going to be crucial if they are to avoid a repeat of the 2016 pass defense next year.
    Poe is flat out the best zero tech on the FA market. A true two gapping run stuffer. Pass rush? nah. But show me a zero tech in the league that is an effective pass rusher. Those guys are real rare. Poe is a young Ryan Pickett of "Spill it Pickett" fame.

Got a mystery candidate for that FA job. Jonathan Hankins of the Giants. NY had a highly rated run D last season. Jonathan isn't a two gap type, more of a single gapping bad ass kid. Hankins won't break the bank, but his signing requires comp. That seems to be against TT's religion.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Poe is flat out the best zero tech on the FA market. A true two gapping run stuffer. Pass rush? nah. But show me a zero tech in the league that is an effective pass rusher. Those guys are real rare. Poe is a young Ryan Pickett of "Spill it Pickett" fame.

Got a mystery candidate for that FA job. Jonathan Hankins of the Giants. NY had a highly rated run D last season. Jonathan isn't a two gap type, more of a single gapping bad ass kid. Hankins won't break the bank, but his signing requires comp. That seems to be against TT's religion.
    However, we did get a few comp picks with our FA losses this offseason so Ted might make Hankins an exception this time.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/s...html?amphtml=y

Which NFL team might ex-Eagle Connor Barwin end up with?

Jonathan Tannenwald Updated: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 7:19 PM

http://www.scout.com/nfl/packers/sto...rs-replacement

Connor Barwin a Possible Replacement for Julius Peppers

BILL HUBER
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 03-16-2017 at 01:34 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau