Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another TE signed named Lance Kendricks

Another TE signed named Lance Kendricks

Now we have Bennett, Rodgers and Milwaukee native Lance Kendricks as Tight Ends.

Lance Kendricks played for the Wisconsin Badgers and was drafted by Rams in 2011. He's a capable blocker who surely must be thrilled to be signed by the Packers.

TT is out of control!

Blog Entries
    LIGHTING STRIKES
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    I do like Kendricks and feel he's a step up from the Plodder who continues to be a sorry draft pick for the 3rd round..

This is nice insurance. Would be funny if TT did opposite of what we think. All offense in FA. Signs Land and Lacy.

And leaves all defense for the draft.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

nice addition

unexpected

still not fixing the broken part of the team

he peaked my interest when i heard he was available, but i figured the door was closed with the bunnett signing

he's a talented guy who was on a very shitty team, could give us a great TE group

he was making 4.5 for the rams, we pry gave him 4-4.5 a year

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    nice addition

unexpected

still not fixing the broken part of the team
    Perhaps not but might be fixing still existing problem on offense.

More TEs means more running and play action, more space in middle of field for the most common type of McCarthy short passing game (that isn't a screen pass).

Might be fixing the problem with man under coverage on offense.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

see, i was just thinking the opposite

do we now completely ditch the run game and go with the all out pass attack?

we got a legit catching TE's and dick rod didn't do too bad last year monty at RB who is really a WR, jordy, adams, cobb (if we now don't cut him to fix the defense), geronimo, and davis

a-rod might now have more weapons then any packer QB ever

i think TT needs to adjust the playbook some now to get the TE's more involved

Both Kendricks and Bennett are decent or better as blockers.

Tough day for Dick Rod.

They plan to try Bennett and Kendricks out as running backs to compete with Montgomery

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Tough day for Dick Rod.
    Rodgers in a contract year making $1.92M. He has been put on notice.

TT is out of control!
    Great pickups! Remember to ask your doctor if your heart is healthy enough for Teddy T. and make damn sure the defibrillator is near after he drafts Christian McCaffrey and Samaje Perine!!
    When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

It's a great pick up. Too bad having two great blocking TE's will be wasted in a stubby run offense.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    see, i was just thinking the opposite

do we now completely ditch the run game and go with the all out pass attack?

we got a legit catching TE's and dick rod didn't do too bad last year monty at RB who is really a WR, jordy, adams, cobb (if we now don't cut him to fix the defense), geronimo, and davis

a-rod might now have more weapons then any packer QB ever

i think TT needs to adjust the playbook some now to get the TE's more involved
    Maybe MM is intending to utilize cobb and monty correctly by lining up with 3WR, TE and cobb/monty. If D plays nickel put TE as FB and cobb/monty at RB and run. If they go base you split them and pass....RUN AND SHOOT LIVES!!!
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Maybe MM is intending to utilize cobb and monty correctly by lining up with 3WR, TE and cobb/monty. If D plays nickel put TE as FB and cobb/monty at RB and run. If they go base you split them and pass....RUN AND SHOOT LIVES!!!
    How about some 12 personnel? With those two tight ends being both pass catchers and blockers, the D wouldn't necessarily know which one (or both) is staying in to block and which one is going out on a route.

These guys help diversify the offense for sure. If the Packers can make the run game a consistent threat, that will help the defense by moving the chains and winning time of possession.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Tough day for Dick Rod.

Tough couple of days for Cook...

Well, Richard Rodgers, nice guy as he really does seem to be, was just not a good pick by TT. His best asset is his hands, but he's the classic Wist nightmare: soft n' slow. Can't block for shit, can't run for shit. Goes down like a goddamn sack of potatoes when a 175 lb cornerback hits him.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack