Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Another TE signed named Lance Kendricks

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Maybe MM is intending to utilize cobb and monty correctly by lining up with 3WR, TE and cobb/monty. If D plays nickel put TE as FB and cobb/monty at RB and run. If they go base you split them and pass....RUN AND SHOOT LIVES!!!
    What would Mouse Davis say about three TEs?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    What would Mouse Davis say about three TEs?
    He'd say we have three too many.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Like the signing. Happy with the upgraded roster spot. TT uses FA again, and again they bitch and moan. "Not gonna use them right" or "Wrong side of the ball" Yawn. This means no TE picked in the draft. This means another draft pick can be used on defense. This means MM can use the double tight end set bc he has 2 blocking TEs now. Geez.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    Like the signing. Happy with the upgraded roster spot. TT uses FA again, and again they bitch and moan. "Not gonna use them right" or "Wrong side of the ball" Yawn. This means no TE picked in the draft. This means another draft pick can be used on defense. This means MM can use the double tight end set bc he has 2 blocking TEs now. Geez.
    I hope you don't think I'm bitching, just wondering and hoping is all. I wish they had resigned Hyde, but I have no idea if he was willing to sign for 4.5/year before FA or not. Probably not worth 6 mil, but I would give Hyde 6 before I gave House 3.

TT is going to go D in this draft, I'm guessing edge rusher and then CB depending on how the board falls. To make the superbowl we are going to need the mythical 'rookie class contributing'
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Great pickups! Remember to ask your doctor if your heart is healthy enough for Teddy T. and make damn sure the defibrillator is near after he drafts Christian McCaffrey and Samaje Perine!!
    i just don't see him going o in 1st round.

I don't think it was you Bobblehead, but i'm not worried enough to go back and look. I'm just saying, Ted is finally utilizing the other avenue to make this team better and folks still aren't happy. I'm thinking damn, FA isn't even over with, maybe there is a chance he brings in some D help too. I won't hold my breath, but i'm not leading a lynch mob either.

After years and years of complaining about not using FA, to jump on him after he does invalidates lots of opinions about that topic to me. I used to complain about him not using FA to fill holes so he can then use the draft to fill other holes, and I thought it was valid. Until he used FA to fill a hole he no longer has to address in the draft. That makes me happy. If you then change the complaint to he didn't fill the hole I wanted him to fill, then that opinion is invalidated to me. Bc at that point its about you. Not the team. I'm not asking TT to fill every hole on our team in FA. Just utilize that way in which to IMPROVE this team. Richard Rodgers as a no. 3 is a lot better than Richard Rodgers as a no. 2, any way you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    I don't think it was you Bobblehead, but i'm not worried enough to go back and look. I'm just saying, Ted is finally utilizing the other avenue to make this team better and folks still aren't happy. I'm thinking damn, FA isn't even over with, maybe there is a chance he brings in some D help too. I won't hold my breath, but i'm not leading a lynch mob either.

After years and years of complaining about not using FA, to jump on him after he does invalidates lots of opinions about that topic to me. I used to complain about him not using FA to fill holes so he can then use the draft to fill other holes, and I thought it was valid. Until he used FA to fill a hole he no longer has to address in the draft. That makes me happy. If you then change the complaint to he didn't fill the hole I wanted him to fill, then that opinion is invalidated to me. Bc at that point its about you. Not the team. I'm not asking TT to fill every hole on our team in FA. Just utilize that way in which to IMPROVE this team. Richard Rodgers as a no. 3 is a lot better than Richard Rodgers as a no. 2, any way you look at it.
    i think its because a lot of us are feeling he's finally going after free agent, but maybe not on the side of the ball we need most

if he now signs a couple of guys on defense, all will be good

I think these free agent signings of TEs who can actually run block may be necessary since the team realizes their OL will probably not be as strong in pass protection compared to recent years. Next year's offense is going to have to be more balanced, or Rodgers will get killed one of these years. Having one TE who can block and be a receiving threat is a nice commodity...having two really opens up a playbook and keeps a defense guessing.

The fact that the contract for Perry was back loaded would suggest that Green Bay is pushing their chips to the center of the table this year. Sitting on millions of dollars in cap space with a QB like Rodgers is stupidity. I don't think you should mortgage your future, but you should procure as much talent as you possibly can. We certainly did not do that last year, and I think Thompson took some grief for it behind closed doors...and rightfully so.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    I think these free agent signings of TEs who can actually run block may be necessary since the team realizes their OL will probably not be as strong in pass protection compared to recent years. Next year's offense is going to have to be more balanced, or Rodgers will get killed one of these years. Having one TE who can block and be a receiving threat is a nice commodity...having two really opens up a playbook and keeps a defense guessing.

The fact that the contract for Perry was back loaded would suggest that Green Bay is pushing their chips to the center of the table this year. Sitting on millions of dollars in cap space with a QB like Rodgers is stupidity. I don't think you should mortgage your future, but you should procure as much talent as you possibly can. We certainly did not do that last year, and I think Thompson took some grief for it behind closed doors...and rightfully so.
    It doesn't matter what they NEED, stubby will NOT run the ball or play action as much as they should. That is what these new TE's strong points are. No point in getting a 3/4 ton diesel truck if you are not going to do any heavy towing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    It doesn't matter what they NEED, stubby will NOT run the ball or play action as much as they should. That is what these new TE's strong points are. No point in getting a 3/4 ton diesel truck if you are not going to do any heavy towing.
    Do you believe it was a mistake to go with Bennett instead of Cook?

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post

Tell that to all these men in Georgia.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly. -Morticia Addams

It's a strange signing. I guess I'm in the minority that always kinda liked Richard Rodgers. Kendricks used to have some speed - hopefully he still does. I can see the logic of having the big bruiser - Bennett - as your #1 and your stretch the field guy - Kendrick ? - as your #2, but still, it's a strange signing.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i think its because a lot of us are feeling he's finally going after free agent, but maybe not on the side of the ball we need most

I can understand that Red. And don't get me wrong I wanted Trevethan last year too. I've wanted FA help on the D this year in House or Barwin or whatever. But again you have to realize, anywhere he signs a FA, its going to help the team in other areas thru the draft.

I wonder what Cook is thinking about now?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

The offense was way too non-functional during the great 20 game slowdown for me to think he is overstocking the Offense at the expense of the defense, especially considering draft picks on D side of ball.

But if he were to not sign someone on the D side out of FA, then he is pinning all his hopes on development and that does worry me more than finding a replacement for Lang.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Nice contract. 4 mil over 2 years. 1.2 mil bonus

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/20...ee-agency-2017

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    I wonder what Cook is thinking about now?

I think he's pissed and thinking of firing his agent
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?