Thread: TJ Lang goes to Lions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Lang is getting $9.5M average for 3 years with $19M fully guaranteed. No way Ted matches that.
    Tom Silverstein‏ @TomSilverstein 52m52 minutes ago
    G T.J. Lang received a three-year, $28.5 million deal with $19M fully guaranteed, according to source.

Rob Demovsky‏ @RobDemovsky
    Was told Packers best offer wasn't close: 3 years, $21.5M with $6.5M guaranteed. Lang would have stayed if it was close. Clearly it wasn't
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Tom Silverstein‏ @TomSilverstein 52m52 minutes ago
    G T.J. Lang received a three-year, $28.5 million deal with $19M fully guaranteed, according to source.

Rob Demovsky‏ @RobDemovsky
    Was told Packers best offer wasn't close: 3 years, $21.5M with $6.5M guaranteed. Lang would have stayed if it was close. Clearly it wasn't
    If these numbers are correct, Ted was right to let him go. Congrats to Lang for skinning the Lions. I think we will be OK in the O Line whichever way it goes - Bulaga at guard and Spriggs starting sounds good. It's Aaron Rodgers' mobility that makes all these guys seem better anyway.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    If these numbers are correct, Ted was right to let him go. Congrats to Lang for skinning the Lions. I think we will be OK in the O Line whichever way it goes - Bulaga at guard and Spriggs starting sounds good. It's Aaron Rodgers' mobility that makes all these guys seem better anyway.
    Everybody knows, or everybody should know, it's a game of replacement. More power to the players who get a big pay day. A player deserves whatever the market will bear. I am thankful that our GM doesn't panic and sticks to his guns about what he thinks a player is worth in terms of cap hit.

Even though some fans perceive there to be a lot of money under the cap, that doesn't mean it has to burn a hole in the GM's pocket, or cause him to panic about life without that player, or overpay to keep that player. Every GM knows it's a game of replacement, and have to operate like that, with a long view of the future. Fans just want to win now, which I get with a franchise QB. Nobody wants to go back to the scary cap days of Sherman. 2005-2006 was pretty lean around our franchise QB. If going all in means a cap mess later, count me out.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Everybody knows, or everybody should know, it's a game of replacement. More power to the players who get a big pay day. A player deserves whatever the market will bear.
    You ain't Lion.

As a distant Packer fan, I kept seeing Lang on the injury list and/or helped/carted off the field. I hear he's Packer People, but I don't think he's got 30 of 48 fourth quarters in the regular season left in him.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.