Thread: TJ Lang goes to Lions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    They guaranteed $20 mil. He's a good player, but I don't see him as a $9.5 mil/year guy. Still, another whole to fill. Likely a 3rd round comp pick, and at least a 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    They guaranteed $20 mil. He's a good player, but I don't see him as a $9.5 mil/year guy. Still, another whole to fill. Likely a 3rd round comp pick, and at least a 4th.
    that 20 million guaranteed could be mostly bull shit

gotta see the numbers

most teams will consider everything involved in the first 2 years to be guaranteed, because they just signed the guy, they plan on keeping him

so a guy with a salary of 3 million his first year, with a 2 million dollar roster bonus in year one, plus a 3 million dollar salary in year 2 with a 3 million dollar roster bonus, plus just a 9 million dollar signing bonus, becomes 20 million "guaranteed

smoke and mirrors, i bet when the end numbers come out, its not gonna be that much more then green bay offered him

green bay could have played the same gme by saying bennetts deal was a 3 year 21 million dollar deal with 14.5 million "guaranteed"
    Last edited by red; 03-12-2017 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    that 20 million guaranteed could be mostly bull shit

gotta see the numbers

most teams will consider everything involved in the first 2 years to be guaranteed, because they just signed the guy, they plan on keeping him

so a guy with a salary of 3 million his first year, with a 2 million dollar roster bonus in year one, plus a 3 million dollar salary in year 2 with a 3 million dollar roster bonus, plus just a 9 million dollar signing bonus, becomes 20 million "guaranteed

smoke and mirrors, i bet when the end numbers come out, its not gonna be that much more then green bay offered him

green bay could have played the same gme by saying bennetts deal was a 3 year 21 million dollar deal with 14.5 million "guaranteed"
    You might be right, and the 'real' money is closer to what the Packers offered. If the announced numbers are anywhere near accurate, it sounds like a market setting deal. Sitton got 3yrs/$21 million with a $2M bonus, long way from these numbers. These numbers could be inflated, but this contract could also be similar to Marco Riveria's final deal.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...