Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
I agree, its certainly not TTs M.O. to do something like this. But.... the more I think about it the more I like the idea. Not that my thoughts are special. Like Smuggler pointed out, any first rounder satisfies the requirement and N.E. couldn't stop it. Butler is 27 and one of the closest things in this league to a shut down corner as there is, with respect to P.Peterson etc. I think a late 1 is a small price to pay for attaining his rights. This year he's only owed just shy of $4 million. Although that changes when you do a contract extension. And thats where the money comes in. The issue is do you want to pay dat man his money. It'd take what 12-14 million per year to keep him around? Thats a few shy from what Shields made and with the increase in salary cap, i'm intrigued. No way do I think it will happen. But its fun to think about. That would be a huge upgrade.
I would be willing to bet a weeks pay that Hoody can do a lot more good/damage with that late 1st round pick than TT. Being that they aren't a division opponent it really wouldn't come around to bite the Packers. But Ted will never do it, dem draft picks is gold.