Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lacy to Seahawks

Lacy to Seahawks

Wow

Gamblin' Rat
    Mixed feelings on this. Since I hate the Seahags immensely, I'm now hoping he spends his $5.5MM on food. Lots of food.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I have opened a candy shop in the greater Seattle Metro area.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasPackFan View Post
    Mixed feelings on this. Since I hate the Seahags immensely, I'm now hoping he spends his $5.5MM on food. Lots of food.
    Lol, that's a lot money for him, even if it is for only one year. But then again, the contract is probably all incentive laden.
    Good riddance, Ed.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Seems like a good dude. I wish him well when we're not playing him. Between his weight issues, ankle, and whatever Seattle was willing to pay him, it just wasn't going to work out to stay. If the Packers really considered him a core player, they would have worked harder to keep him. MM said he was a core player at the combine or thereabouts, but ultimately, the guaranteed money has to fit the team's plans. You'd love to re-sign most of them, but just can't.

So, Adrian Peterson on a two-year deal? Draft a decent RB and let him learn from Peterson?
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

I knew he was going to be more expensive than most people on this board would admit, and that the chances of his return were slim to none. I don't think Lacy is a major loss, but I don't like seeing him go to one of Green Bay's major competitors.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    I have opened a candy shop in the greater Seattle Metro area.
    Next door to a legal weed shop?

Tom Silverstein‏Verified account @TomSilverstein 4m4 minutes ago
    Source said #Packers and #Vikings offered Lacy similar contracts. Chance to be in a run-first offense might have been deciding factor.

Well that sucks

No idea if this is true or not...

RB Eddie Lacy visited Sea (his new team), Minn and GB in the last wk. For one of the three teams Lacy weighed 267. Listed last year at 234.
    — Bob McGinn (@BobMcGinn) March 14, 2017

Ugh...this one bothers me. Montgomery and a motivated Lacy would have been a fun backfield to watch. I'm surprised he got almost 6 million from Seattle. Will really be pissed if he comes in lean and ready to run with Seattle.
    Go PACK

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    No way Eddie comes in lean. He'll drop some weight, then put it all back on and lose games again because of it. Meh, I'm ok with him leaving. He has talent, but he's pissing it away due to being unable to control his weight.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Hard to place a value on a guy who doesnt take care of himself and is never available to play half the time.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Awesome!!!!!

Fat Boy needed to be sent packing.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

I googled Chinese restaurants and there are at least 10 near there are at least 10 near the stadium #chinafood #Feastmode
    "Aw, I have three kids and no money. Why can't I have no kids and three money?" - Homer Simpson

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose: it's how drunk you get." - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by SMBASS View Post
    No idea if this is true or not...

RB Eddie Lacy visited Sea (his new team), Minn and GB in the last wk. For one of the three teams Lacy weighed 267. Listed last year at 234.
    — Bob McGinn (@BobMcGinn) March 14, 2017
    You know, that's really fucking shitty.

Which team could have leaked that? Doubt it was his new team. That leaves two choices. Was it a Queens reported that was told this?

Nope. It's was green bay that leaked this. They're trying to cover their ass.

After two years of no one talking about his exact weight, the teM the offered him most the second exact money (despite his weight I guess) decides to announce to the whole world that yes, he is a big fat fuck.

Classless by green bay imo

That sucks. Was hoping he'd come back. Personal favorite of mine, but I also think him and Montgomery would have been quite fun to watch.

Seattle will be going all out Feast Mode with Eddie in the backfield. He will also play offensive line as needed, thus the higher contract.

New nickname for Eddie is Marshawn Lunch. Will Seattle's offensive line be able to open a hole big enough for Eddie to run through?
    Last edited by Teamcheez1; 03-14-2017 at 01:17 PM.

oh well.

The Packers don't need no stinking running backs. Not with stubby "committed" to the run.