Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Lacy to Seahawks

He's a good guy.

Eddie Lacy‏ @Lil_Eazy_Ana_42 20h20 hours ago
    Thank you to the @packers organization for taking a chance on a kid from Gretna, LA. Life changing opportunity & am forever grateful
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He's a good guy.

Eddie Lacy‏ @Lil_Eazy_Ana_42 20h20 hours ago
    Thank you to the @packers organization for taking a chance on a kid from Gretna, LA. Life changing opportunity & am forever grateful
    From all accounts he was well liked in the locker room. It will be interesting to see how he does up in Seattle. I hope he sucks whenever he plays us, however.

Over The Cap: http://overthecap.com/player/eddie-lacy/2389

Eddie Lacy signed a one year, $4.25 million contract with the Seahawks on March 14, 2017. Lacy received $2.865 million in guarantees, including a $1.5 million signing bonus. $385,000 of the contract is tied to Lacy making weight and $1 million is tied to game day active roster bonuses. Another $1.3 million is available for performance.

Total Value: $4,250,000 (avg. $4,250,000/year; $2,865,000 fully guaranteed)
    12th highest of 142 RB contracts

He gets $1.5 million signing bonus. If he makes Game Day active roster all season, he gets another $1 million. If he makes all weigh-ins, he gets another $385,000 for possible total of $2.885 mil.

Another $1.3 mil on the line for achieving performance targets, for $3.885 million total.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I'm frustrated by Lacy. Loved watching him play. Could have been one of the great Packer running backs. Just didn't take his profession seriously enough.

Blog Entries
    Lots of interesting comments today by Greg Jennings in regards to Lacy
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Lots of interesting comments today by Greg Jennings in regards to Lacy
    Well, post 'em!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Well, post 'em!
    When you’re drafted and you’re a first-round draft pick, especially at an organization like Green Bay who typically drafts well… this was a young man who had the opportunity to do something special within this organization.

“And he wasted it away, because he was unwilling to commit to his personal training. His health. And to that team. It was the ultimate sign of selfishness. He was worried about off-the-field things, whatever that entailed in the offseason, and he didn’t dedicate what he needed to the game and to his personal training, and being prepared and ready to go for a season.

“They didn’t need him to be like typically every other three-down back. They had James Starks. They just needed you to be healthy, to run through the tackles…”

Colin Cowherd: “And not eat cheeseburgers all day.”

Greg Jennings: “…and not eat cheeseburgers. Just reel it in, a little bit
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Greg sure has changed his tune.

Besides Lacy not being a first round pick I agree with what Jennings said regarding Eddie. I had heard rumors that football wasn't Lacy's #1 priority. If you are a professional athlete you gotta be ultra committed and it appears he just isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    I'm gonna wager Greg said those things back then because his ego was bruised. Time can heal a lot of wounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I'm gonna wager Greg said those things back then because his ego was bruised. Time can heal a lot of wounds.
    You mean, like, yesterday?

Yesterday? What did I miss...?

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    How so? Jennings may have said some regrettable things after he left the Packers, but I never saw anything to suggest he lacked commitment when he was playing for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    How so? Jennings may have said some regrettable things after he left the Packers, but I never saw anything to suggest he lacked commitment when he was playing for them.
    He was pretty disparaging of the Packers in the Twin Cities news for a few months after he left. Not as much as his sister I guess, but he had some pretty sour grapes for a while there.

If Eddie had been hurt but not fat, Cowherd and Jennings would tell you he was injury prone.

If he had been hurt just the one time and not fat, Cowherd and Jennings would tell you the Packers do not care for players who made sacrifices and played hurt for the team because the don't offer them contract extensions.

There is no news that cannot be spun as reflecting poorly on someone else.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...m_campaign=nfl

EDDIE LACY, SEAHAWKS AGREE ON 1-YEAR CONTRACT

This article pretty much covers it all and Eddie Lacy and now a Seattle Seahawk.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I liked Lacy, thought he made the OL look better at run blocking than they were. In his rookie year he could turn a 1 yard gain into a 3 or 4 yarder. That changed too soon. The weight scrutiny was with him from his first camp, but it was pretty embarrassing when he got around 260 and not well conditioned.
    Jennings is a pundit at this point. He can have an opinion. When he played for GB, he trained hard and played well. Sour grapes because his career fizzled out post-GB isn't a good look, but I'm not sure based on the comments posted here that he's saying anything that hasn't been said by posters here.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I'm frustrated by Lacy. Loved watching him play. Could have been one of the great Packer running backs. Just didn't take his profession seriously enough.
    Agreed. Such wasted talent. Early in his career he carried the offense when rodgers was out. Figured we'd have another 4-5 years of that.
    Go PACK