Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lacy to Seahawks

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    You know, that's really fucking shitty.

Which team could have leaked that? Doubt it was his new team. That leaves two choices. Was it a Queens reported that was told this?

Nope. It's was green bay that leaked this. They're trying to cover their ass.

After two years of no one talking about his exact weight, the teM the offered him most the second exact money (despite his weight I guess) decides to announce to the whole world that yes, he is a big fat fuck.

Classless by green bay imo
    Classless by this fat ass taking money and never making weight.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Classless by this fat ass taking money and never making weight.
    I have to agree with this. The Packers did everything they could to get Lacy to a manageable weight at which he could be productive. After all that, I'm not surprised they didn't sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    I have to agree with this. The Packers did everything they could to get Lacy to a manageable weight at which he could be productive. After all that, I'm not surprised they didn't sign him.
    no self discipline. that's all it is. he could have been great...maybe.

Yawn.

Seattle is hoping Pete Carroll can get inside Lacy's head and motivate him.

Good luck with that.

Nice kid but didn't really hold up his end of the deal here.

I suspect the legal herb and all the good eats up there, plus lots of rain will keep Chronic Eddie indoors, smoking up, playing Halo and getting very, very large.

Ted has flexibility in this draft, he will draft a young running back who is hungry.
    Last edited by George Cumby; 03-14-2017 at 02:13 PM.

Gamblin' Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    Lol, that's a lot money for him, even if it is for only one year. But then again, the contract is probably all incentive laden.
    Good riddance, Ed.
    $3MM Guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by SMBASS View Post
    No idea if this is true or not...

RB Eddie Lacy visited Sea (his new team), Minn and GB in the last wk. For one of the three teams Lacy weighed 267. Listed last year at 234.
    — Bob McGinn (@BobMcGinn) March 14, 2017
    I like the kid but I would buy this. He was back to near his 2015 weight during the 2016 season while being in better shape.

I don't think he has been below 245 as a pro, I think the 234 was combine workout produced to get drafted. Sabam said to get him to focus you had to take football away.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    You know, that's really fucking shitty.

Which team could have leaked that? Doubt it was his new team. That leaves two choices. Was it a Queens reported that was told this?

Nope. It's was green bay that leaked this. They're trying to cover their ass.

After two years of no one talking about his exact weight, the teM the offered him most the second exact money (despite his weight I guess) decides to announce to the whole world that yes, he is a big fat fuck.

Classless by green bay imo
    Is kinda terrible.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Gamblin' Rat
    Obese Mode

Be still my beating heart! There is a football God after all!

I don't dislike Lacy personally, I just am sick of the Fat Eddie story. Goodbye, sweet prince.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Ted has flexibility in this draft, he will draft a young running back who is hungry.
    Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

It would have bothered me a lot more if we had signed Lacy than letting him go. I like it a lot more with Montgomery at RB. Given the same holes, he'll get us a lot more yards. I haven't heard anything at all in the last few weeks about Christine Michael, who I (and apparently only I) have a high opinion of. Going into the season with Montgomery, Michael, Ripkowski (who IMO runs as good as Lacy), and maybe Crockett would suit me just fine.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    It would have bothered me a lot more if we had signed Lacy than letting him go. I like it a lot more with Montgomery at RB. Given the same holes, he'll get us a lot more yards. I haven't heard anything at all in the last few weeks about Christine Michael, who I (and apparently only I) have a high opinion of. Going into the season with Montgomery, Michael, Ripkowski (who IMO runs as good as Lacy), and maybe Crockett would suit me just fine.
    Michael doesn't have a prayer of making the roster next season. I've seen french toast sticks with more IQ than that guy.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Blog Entries
    No surprise; use the money on defense
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasPackFan View Post
    $3MM Guaranteed.

They said one year 5.5 mil on ESPN.

A one year deal is pretty much guaranteed.

Maybe he had to come into camp under 300 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post

Lacy reported to have celebrated the contract signing at Golden Corral.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I didn't know Michael was still on the roster, I actually have high hopes for him. The only way Montgomery will suffice as a fulltime back is if stubby continues his aversion to the run.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Seems like a good dude. I wish him well when we're not playing him. Between his weight issues, ankle, and whatever Seattle was willing to pay him, it just wasn't going to work out to stay. If the Packers really considered him a core player, they would have worked harder to keep him. MM said he was a core player at the combine or thereabouts, but ultimately, the guaranteed money has to fit the team's plans. You'd love to re-sign most of them, but just can't.

So, Adrian Peterson on a two-year deal? Draft a decent RB and let him learn from Peterson?
    A rookie RB draft pick will learn from AP how not to pick up a blitz or catch a pass out of the backfield. :-p

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Yawn.

Seattle is hoping Pete Carroll can get inside Lacy's head and motivate him.

Good luck with that.

Nice kid but didn't really hold up his end of the deal here.

I suspect the legal herb and all the good eats up there, plus lots of rain will keep Chronic Eddie indoors, smoking up, playing Halo and getting very, very large.

Eddie has been hungry for th last 20 years

I guess the last time we can use this one:

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post

As amazing as it is to admit, sometimes red is right despite the condition of his liver. There is always the possibility of funny money. This isn't a slam dunk as the guaranteed number doesn't necessarily include those not likely to be earned incentives, but you never know.

Jason La Canfora‏ @JasonLaCanfora 44s44 seconds ago
    SEA deal w/Eddie Lacy includes $385K in weight bonuses, $1M tied to weekly roster bonuses and $1.3M in not likely to be earned incentives...

Jason La Canfora‏ @JasonLaCanfora 4m4 minutes ago
    The Seahawks are more than protected in the deal, which at its base is a $1.5M signing bonus and a $1.365M guaranteed 2017 base salary

The details aren't on spotrac.com yet. Someone yesterday said the deals between the 3 teams were similar, wonder if Eddie got taken for a ride by his agent and that high top line number.