Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: House back to Packers

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    What year did shields become good? I would argue his 3rd.
    What year did haywood become good? His first, then injured in the second then came back the third and was good.
    what year did tramon williams become good? His 3rd.

What are the odds that either Rollins or Randall get back on track this year? I would say at least one of them will be good for sure.
    So with that in mind we have Gunter and House as our 2 and 3 or 3 and 4.
    Plus HaHa is becoming better each year, and Burnett is stead, so maybe the secondary isnt as bad as we think it is.

Perhaps pass rush is actually a bigger priority for the d than cb. And ILB....
    A better pass rush can mask a lot of warts in your secondary too.

Shields was pretty much good from the very start. I know he had some sophomore struggles, but nothing compared to how bad Randall and Rollins were last year.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Shields was pretty much good from the very start. I know he had some sophomore struggles, but nothing compared to how bad Randall and Rollins were last year.
    Yeah I agree. Sheilds had some struggles when tape on him got out, but never to the tune of a season-long 116 QBR against.

Randall was injured since week 1. He struggled through, eventually had the sports hernia surgery, and then battled other ailments all year. Anyone who's judging him on this last season is going to be pleasantly surprised in 2017. Bet on it.

I think he'll rebound also, but I'm not that high on Rollins.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    IMO the #1 Corner spot is Gunter's to lose - unless lightning strikes and Ted signs a star quality Corner or Randall suddenly gets about ten times better than he has played in the past. House might be in the mix, but I doubt he is better than Gunter.

Zone D can always be taught. It's not really a matter of "good bye". We never really used it much, and probably we won't, as it isn't really a part of the Capers schemes that are basically needed to keep the Packers D as competitive as it is.
    Gunter.... your saying, will be the Packers NO. 1 CB !

If that in fact is the case the Packers Offense better be lights out great.

All I saw was Gunter = Terrible = check.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Early in his career Sam's speed made up for his mistakes at times.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Gunter.... your saying, will be the Packers NO. 1 CB !

If that in fact is the case the Packers Offense better be lights out great.

All I saw was Gunter = Terrible = check.
    I'll give you a "probably" on that. It would be nice if Randall played up - way way up - and beat out Gunter, but I don't see that happening. It would also be nice if Ted actually did sign a top quality FA Corner, but I really don't see that happening. It's also very possible we draft a Corner in the first round, but the chances of that guy stepping in as our #1 Corner are ...... not very good.

Gunter was decent most of the time when he played as the #1 Corner last year. He did OK against Beckham and Bryant. He floundered against Julio Jones, but then a lot of Corners do that.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Signing House is a decent move for depth and the vet presence.
    I think Randall will have a bounceback year. He played hurt and without confidence. I think with his health restored and Joe Whitt coaching him up he'll do fine.

Gunter shouldn't be more than a #3CB IMO. His speed is a liability. Ted's gonna need to bring in 2 more CB's, because Dorleant and Goodson are hurt to start the season and Hyde's gone. I'd like to see them bring in more speed.

Shields was good from the start...he was the #3CB and returning kicks IIRC.