Thread: 2013 draft...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I also wonder about the order of events. Is Tretter still on this team if Lang signed with the Lions first?
    If they thought Tretter could replace Lang, I'm inclined to think they would have signed Tretter right away and not bothered to try and sign Lang. Younger and less expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    If they thought Tretter could replace Lang, I'm inclined to think they would have signed Tretter right away and not bothered to try and sign Lang. Younger and less expensive.
    I think Tretter is a better tackle than guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I think Tretter is a better tackle than guard.
    Agreed. He's a guard in a pinch. If he could stay healthy he would be the starting center and we'd be wondering about Linsley as Langs replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Not inexpensive for a backup, though. However, he might have been just about the most versatile backup they have had since, what, Flanagan?

I don't think he starts at Guard even if he stays, but there is room in the budget even as the most expensive backup O line in the League.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.