View Poll Results: Do you mind the high turnover of players on NFL rosters?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. I heart change. Doesn't affect my fantasy football team.

4 44.44%
  • Yes. What does it mean to be a "packer" when guys leave constantly.

5 55.56%

Thread: Do you mind the high turnover of players on NFL rosters?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    follow a team more than individuals on the roster.
    What is a team if not the players on the roster? The team colors? Would it matter if last year's Bears players became this year's Packers?

Justin Harrell and other hardcore packer fans often speculate about, say, the offensive line of the future. Or who will be the WRs of the future. But there is no future beyond the initial rookie contract. The team is mostly new faces every 3 years.

I get that people just go along with it. I think fans had a more fun experience back when there was a real local team to follow; you could develop loyalty to players and track their development.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    What is a team if not the players on the roster? The team colors? Would it matter if last year's Bears players became this year's Packers?

Justin Harrell and other hardcore packer fans often speculate about, say, the offensive line of the future. Or who will be the WRs of the future. But there is no future beyond the initial rookie contract. The team is mostly new faces every 3 years.

I get that people just go along with it. I think fans had a more fun experience back when there was a real local team to follow; you could develop loyalty to players and track their development.
    When the Lombardi era ended fans didn't stop being fans.