View Poll Results: If you can sign one more Defensive FA, who would it be?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Connor Barwin

18 85.71%
  • Davon House

3 14.29%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: You Make the Call: House or Barwin

You Make the Call: House or Barwin

Assume you have money left for one more vet FA. Which direction do you go?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

barwin. he's add some needed nastiness too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

Assume you have money left for one more vet FA. Which direction do you go?
    Here comes one of my favorite acronyms

YGBFKM !!!!!!!!!!

This is a no brainer; Barwin Barwin Barwin Barwin Barwin
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    and if we don't get Lang we should have funds for both
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Ted kinds sucks at drafting defense; Ted can draft OL. I don't care much about Lacy either way.

Lang is one of my favorite players; but stacking our FA signings on defense the rest of the way might be wise

Both
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

i would say house. we already have a ton of money tied up at OLB, and i think we can get a good rotational guy in the draft

CB HAS to get fixed, and like i have aid over and over, the draft isn't gonna give us the out of the gate talent we need a CB

i don't even know if house is good enough if we are only allowed one more free agent

Because the draft is so rich at CB, I'd go with Barwin. His numbers were down last year, but having to switch from 3-4 OLB to 4-3 DE might have been the reason.

Actually I think TT might have the cap room to sign both.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i would say house. we already have a ton of money tied up at OLB, and i think we can get a good rotational guy in the draft

CB HAS to get fixed, and like i have aid over and over, the draft isn't gonna give us the out of the gate talent we need a CB

i don't even know if house is good enough if we are only allowed one more free agent

Exactly why you take Barwin you dumb ass !!! lol....he's a much better player.

Perry/Barwin/Matthews
    That is the start to a dominant defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Exactly why you take Barwin you dumb ass !!! lol....he's a much better player.

Perry/Barwin/Matthews
    That is the start to a dominant defense.
    no, thats about the same as what our pass rush was this last year, on a defense that was about as far away from dominate as it gets

and then you still have dud #1, dud #2, no more hyde, and then gunter trying to cover guys again.

how is that any better?

whats the point of a pass rush with randall playing 20 yards off the other teams #1 wr?

Blog Entries
    no, thats about the same as what our pass rush was this last year, on a defense that was about as far away from dominate as it gets

and then you still have dud #1, dud #2, no more hyde, and then gunter trying to cover guys again.

how is that any better?

whats the point of a pass rush with randall playing 20 yards off the other teams #1 wr?

Barwin is a threat as a pass rusher; and frankly he's a good all around player who rarely gets hurt. And he brings attitude to a soft defense. He's what you want. House is a #3 CB.

Blog Entries

how is that any better?

Ted feels Perry will get better, Barwin is definitely better than our #3 Pass rusher last year....whoever that is........and the three of them rushing together is a thread. This is a Captain Obvious pick.

HW has the answer right though.

These are Ted's kind of free agents; you don't have to give up a draft pick for them.

Barwin is a threat as a pass rusher; and frankly he's a good all around player who rarely gets hurt. And he brings attitude to a soft defense. He's what you want. House is a #3 CB.
    peppers was a better threat as a pass rushed and a better all around player

so again, how does signing barwin and lossing peppers and keeping everything else the same make the defense any better?

we have to fix the main problem, the main problem is our secondary

Blog Entries

so again, how does signing barwin and lossing peppers and keeping everything else the same make the defense any better?

What did Peppers play; 1/2 the snaps ? I liked Peppers but dude needed to take a ton of time on the sideline to be effective in spurts. He's on his retirement tour

What did Peppers play; 1/2 the snaps ? I liked Peppers but dude needed to take a ton of time on the sideline to be effective in spurts. He's on his retirement tour
    you think barwin as the #3 is gonna play more then half

of course when perry reverts back to his old pre contract year injury plagued self, and clay being clay, barwin might play every sanp

and signing barwin would finally make many packers fans dreams come true by having the first all white LB corp in the nfl in 30 or 40 years

Peppers was playing less than half of snap counts until injuries to Matthews and Peppers forced him to play more. Barwin can play full time which gives Packers the flexibility to move Matthews around. Barwin would be an upgrade.

Hitting a QB tends to make avg. DBs into all pros.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

red has been drinking just the right amount to get the answer correct. Need CB help more than pass rush.

Both? Sure. But that ain't the question in the poll.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Hitting a QB tends to make avg. DBs into all pros.
    It does but Packers numbers in pressure were above average. CB play was much, much worse.

Can make up more ground solidifying the backend than by adding a marginal increase in pass rush.

So...

Sign Davon House and draft T.J. Watt?

OR

Sign Connor Barwin and draft Sidney Jones?