Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Marshawn Lynch un-retiring

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Marshawn Lynch un-retiring

Do you think the Packers would have any interest in him?

Couple of things to consider...

1. Rodgers and he were teammates at Cal. Natural connection?
    2. At 31, he has taken a year off so his body may not be physically beat up like some of the other RB FA
    3. Might we get him for cheaper?
    4. Seachickens take Feast Mode, we get Beast Mode
    5. Gives us instant experience and tough running between the tackles

I didn't like it at first, but am warming up to the idea.

Go easy on me

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    There are other backs that are available that haven't retired.

And the Seahawks own his rights. He is trying to force a trade.

Raiders reportedly interested.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I'm not super interested in a 31 year old back, but you could take a chance on a 1-2 year contract. If you're going to consider Lynch, you might as well take a gander at all the other geriatric running backs.

it's a raiders generated story to play for his hometown team and replace murry short term. sea would have to release/trade him. oak is making moves.

Probably the only way/reason he'd come back would be to play for his hometown team, the Oakland-'lame duck'-Vegas Raiders. I doubt very much he'd be interested in playing for GB.

Of course, trying to predict Lynch would be a fool's errand to be sure.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

I think he is only interested in playing for the Raiders. TT wouldn't do it anyway, hell he failed to get him when he could of from the Bills. That was yet another Ted epic failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I think he is only interested in playing for the Raiders. TT wouldn't do it anyway, hell he failed to get him when he could of from the Bills. That was yet another Ted epic failure.
    How do you know it was Ted's fault Seattle got him instead of us?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    TT wouldn't do it anyway, hell he failed to get him when he could of from the Bills. That was yet another Ted epic failure.
    What happened in that year? You're still bitching about that in a year we won the Super Bowl??

This is the complete disillusionment of the TT haters. Don't like TT so they complain about anything even when we win the Super Bowl.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    What happened in that year? You're still bitching about that in a year we won the Super Bowl??

This is the complete disillusionment of the TT haters. Don't like TT so they complain about anything even when we win the Super Bowl.
    Ted could have had him for a 4th and a conditional pick the next year. He played 2 seasons for Seattle then re-signed for 4 more years with them. We missed the chance at having an all pro caliber running back for 2 seasons and possibly more. 2010 didn't occur in a vacuum.

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Ted could have had him for a 4th and a conditional pick the next year. He played 2 seasons for Seattle then re-signed for 4 more years with them. We missed the chance at having an all pro caliber running back for 2 seasons and possibly more. 2010 didn't occur in a vacuum.
    Everyone keeps forgetting Seattle could offer the Bills a higher draft pick in this instance. Let's say Ted offers that 4th. If Seattle does the same the Bills are gonna make that trade with the 'Hawks because they could give Buffalo the higher pick. It isn't always because of "Tightwad Teddy".

TT would never deal with that Headcase.

He is a perfect fit if Oakland and Seattle can work things out.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Blog Entries
    not happening in Green Bay unless Lynch takes near the bet minimum and the Seahawks trade him to us for past considerations
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Hell no...sooooo much no.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Seattle must have known about this before signing Lacy, and they chose Lacy over him. I don't want Seattle's sloppy seconds. I also prefer speed backs like Montgomery and the other Seattle sloppy second we got.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I don't want Seattle's sloppy seconds.
    please...you wouldn't take wilson if we didn't have Rodgers? come oooon.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    please...you wouldn't take wilson if we didn't have Rodgers? come oooon.
    But we have Rodgers so your point is moot.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    ^^^^^^^^

I see, so we would have won 4 more Super Bowls if only we had Marshawn Lynch. And if we had gotten Randy Moss in 2007, we could have had 3 more.

Two players...... 7 Super Bowls pissed away....
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    ^^^^^^^^

I see, so we would have won 4 more Super Bowls if only we had Marshawn Lynch. And if we had gotten Randy Moss in 2007, we could have had 3 more.

Two players...... 7 Super Bowls pissed away....

I don't think he's saying that; what he's saying is if we had taken the gamble we could have had an all pro caliber RB for several years and there is a good chance it would have led to more success. One more would have been validation. Seattle has been willing to take several free agency and trade risks along the way and we have chosen not to.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

^^^^^ no I'm saying it was an easy move to make that would have cost minimal draft value. Are you arguing not making that trade made us a better team? If not then what's your point exactly.